DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 41519 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2015, 05:48:31 AM »

Also, from the contract, if Sanders were to leave the Democratic Party to run as an independent, the contract with NGP VAN will immediately be terminated and he would immediately lose access to the DNC voter file.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2015, 07:13:03 AM »

I agree with if you thought there was a breach you would suspend both campaigns access but they only did Sanders so it shows the democratic voters how bias the chair is (Recently with the debates/forums on weekends and Fridays) and they are playing with fire...this debate on Saturday is now very important and could be pivotal.

It was clearly a punishment. But the chosen one didn't get punished for the same thing.

What does Barack Obama have to do with this? #ThanksObama
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2015, 07:19:01 AM »

It's depressing seeing Sanders's supporters being more delusional that those of TRUMP.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2015, 10:08:13 AM »

It's depressing seeing Sanders's supporters being more delusional that those of TRUMP.

More delusional than either are Clinton supporters who think she'll get elected without help from Sanders supporters.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »

This whole "Clinton coronation" strategy fell apart quickly.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2015, 11:17:41 AM »

So, four Sanders staffers illegally downloaded at least 20 folders of confidential Clinton data, So of course DWS and Hillary are the bad guys. well okeedokee then.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »

Just to be clear, jfern and ProgressiveCanadian, there is no reason at all to suspect yet that the Clinton campaign was involved directly in any way with the actions of the DNC. She is by all accounts a victim of a bug exploited by a member(s) of the Sanders campaign. Attacking her campaign reflects badly on Sanders supporters on this forum. Feel free to argue that the reaction by the DNC was unjustified in its magnitude (which it was), but don't try to negate the argument by saying that oh Clinton did the same thing. That won't work.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2015, 11:52:11 AM »

Just to be clear, jfern and ProgressiveCanadian, there is no reason at all to suspect yet that the Clinton campaign was involved directly in any way with the actions of the DNC. She is by all accounts a victim of a bug exploited by a member(s) of the Sanders campaign. Attacking her campaign reflects badly on Sanders supporters on this forum. Feel free to argue that the reaction by the DNC was unjustified in its magnitude (which it was), but don't try to negate the argument by saying that oh Clinton did the same thing. That won't work.

Castro is right. The DNC is obviously corrupt and bent on coronating Clinton, but I don't think Clinton set them up to this.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »

Well, that didn't take long.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-disloyal-clinton-sanders

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump called Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton "disloyal" for throwing rival Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) "under the bus."

Clinton's campaign accused Sanders' campaign of stealing millions of dollars worth of voter information on Friday. The situation exploded so much so that the Democratic party barred Sanders from accessing its voter information, a decision it later rescinded.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »

*waits for Lief's reaction*
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »

Lief might implode due to cognitive dissonance.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #436 on: December 19, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »

Guys I'm aware that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have and will continue to attack each other. Not really sure what reaction you're looking for here?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #437 on: December 19, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »

We needed Alcon in this thread earlier.  If he had been around to shoo off jfern and ProgressiveCanadian sooner, this might have been only three pages long instead.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #438 on: December 19, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »

Bringing things to an anticlimactic but reasonably satisfying ending is my specialty!

Just ask my ex-girlfriend.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #439 on: December 19, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »

Guys... I have a plan to smooth this all over:

1) Allow Clinton staffers to access similar data on the Sanders server for about half an hour.
2) Fire the people who do so.
3) Shut down the Clinton campaign's access to their own data for a day or so.
4) Profit.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #440 on: December 19, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »

Is it possible that O'Malley's campaign may have collected information from either Sanders or Clinton? His campaign also uses the database. I think it probably hasn't collected information.

By the way, where has O'Malley been through all of this?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: December 19, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »

O'Malley seems to have been more or less invisible throughout this whole controversy.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #442 on: December 19, 2015, 02:47:21 PM »

Is it possible that O'Malley's campaign may have collected information from either Sanders or Clinton? His campaign also uses the database. I think it probably hasn't collected information.

By the way, where has O'Malley been through all of this?

It would be in the logs.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #443 on: December 19, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2015, 03:00:29 PM by Bull Moose Base »

Bringing things to an anticlimactic but reasonably satisfying ending is my specialty!

Just ask my ex-girlfriend.

This ending was funny enough to lock the thread on. May have been for the best.

Anyway, here's a statement from a strong Hillary supporter denouncing the DNC behavior on this thing.

http://www.ndn.org/blog/2015/12/learning-sanders-dnc-data-skirmish

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Hillary campaign lobbied for as few debates with as small an audience as they could get away with and the DNC obliged. They very probably lobbied for this punishment too or else Debbie, not unlike the Bridgegate commanders in the unlikely event the order didn't come from Christie, knew what to do. But Hillary's campaign should know more than anyone the dangers of a primary loser being bitter. Her supporters whined about imaginary slights and having been cheated in 2008 and that process was much fairer than this one. Then, resentful about having lost to a smarter Obama campaign, many supported McCain, though most just flirted with the idea until Palin revealed herself to be a nightmare. And Hillary should also know from 2000 that it's harder for a party to hold the White House even after a successful presidency than it is to win it, as Bill and Obama did, against an incumbent party who failed. In short, the DNC botched this, botched the debates and should let Hillary fend for herself.

Guys I'm aware that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have and will continue to attack each other. Not really sure what reaction you're looking for here?

Look. It's obvious to any idiot your support for one of these candidates is tongue-in-cheek. If some people here can't see that you're only pretending to support Hillary to divide the Democratic Party and make Trump's election easier, they're beyond help.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #444 on: December 19, 2015, 03:00:57 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2015, 03:02:37 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Oh yeah, you totally found me out bro. I'm posting on a political forum about two candidates who I both legitimately support in their respective primaries because I want to divide the Democratic Party and posting on an internet forum that a few hundred people read will achieve that.

Also it's funny that Sanders supporters are still whining about the debates, considering how awful Sanders is at them. Y'all should just be glad that Bernie lucked out and will only have to be thrashed by Clinton on live national television a few more times.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #445 on: December 19, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2015, 04:58:15 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

So, four Sanders staffers illegally downloaded at least 20 folders of confidential Clinton data, So of course DWS and Hillary are the bad guys. well okeedokee then.

Only 2 staffers were involved, and I think the one who wasn't immediately fired might have only run 1 search or something.

Of course this was all OK and no punishment or running to the media was needed when the Hillary campaign got access to confidential information in 2008.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #446 on: December 19, 2015, 05:06:39 PM »

Only 2 staffers were involved, and I think the one who wasn't immediately fired might have only run 1 search or something.

Of course this was all OK and no punishment or running to the media was needed when the Hillary campaign got access to confidential information in 2008.
"They did it too!" is not a logical argument, especially when the event you are referring to is not even comparable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #447 on: December 19, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »

Glad to hear that jfern is finally admitting that Sanders is no more honest than Hillary is!
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #448 on: December 19, 2015, 05:08:28 PM »

Somehow I don't think Jfern would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #449 on: December 19, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »

Somehow I don't think Jfern would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed. 

The roles were reversed in 2008. No punishment or running to the media, so I had no opinion about something that I didn't hear about.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies