DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:24:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 42039 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: December 18, 2015, 12:33:39 AM »

Wow. Let's hope he does the honorable thing and drops out after this. Truly shameful and disgusting.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 01:15:14 AM »

Wow. Let's hope he does the honorable thing and drops out after this. Truly shameful and disgusting.

Lief:

Trump announces outright ban on muslims: Hallelujah! What a great leader!

Low-level, likely dim-witted Sanders Staffer clicks something they're not supposed to and is quickly fired - Shameful, disgusting, Sanders needs to drop out now!

Roll Eyes

Do not defame me or tell mistruths about me. I have never once voiced support for Trump's Muslim ban. I expect an apology.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »

This is really starting to look bad for the Sanders campaign. Not surprising when you run a presidential campaign like a cult, I guess. But if the NATIONAL DATA DIRECTOR is the fall guy here, you have to wonder how high up the ladder this really went.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 12:04:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/677893182907138048

People who are trying to spin this as no big deal have their heads in the sand. This is a huge scandal and a betrayal of the party's trust.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »

Yes, four accounts, including the National Data Director who is a senior staffer. Wulfric continues to dishonestly spin this as "just a little old staffer" though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »

Rather than just admit they screwed up, Sanders is acting like a petulant crybaby victim.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »

Yes I can see his announcement speech now: "The DNC would not allow me to steal millions of dollars of data from rival campaigns, so today I am announcing my candidacy as an independent!"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »

ABC confirms that four Sanders staffers accessed and downloaded data:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/677920456918228992

But Bernie is the true victim here Cry
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 01:52:08 PM »

DWS just reignited Bernie's campaign with this BS. She is literally the worst thing ever.

How dare she punish a thief for stealing! What a monster!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »

The cultish refusal to accept facts by the Sanders supporters is so disturbing. Keep that sh!t in the tea party or the payloads, don't bring it into the Democratic Party.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »

Right but I don't believe there was any intentional attempt to access the data here. If the guy copied it he should be fired but he still didn't break any laws and there's no reason to keep the Sanders campaign's access suspended after correcting the error.

Yes there is; the data was downloaded by at least 4 Sanders accounts on to their computers. Until it's clear that it had been deleted they shouldn't have access.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »

Embarrassing. Just admit responsibility, fire those involved, and work with the DNC to move forward. Sanders can't win on policy or ideas, so he resorts to this.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »

One staffer was fired. The other staffer seems to still be working for the campaign.

But don't be too hard on jfern guys; he's still working off of the Bernie campaign lies statements from a few hours ago, before they completely changed their story for the eighteenth time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 09:23:01 PM »

Honestly guys, stop engaging. Sanders' campaign stole voter data but they're the victims, their supporters are now fired up and they'll be getting more campaign donations as a result.

Sanders has finally found out the way to succeed in America: break the rules and play the victim.

He knows when the DNC has gone to far and now and has taken advantage of that (which is smart politics). Dumb move by the DNC if they left this alone none of this would be blowing up.

Yeah the DNC should have just let it go and allowed the Sanders campaign senior staffers to blatantly steal millions of dollars worth of data from the Clinton campaign! Really dumb of them to not just turn a blind eye to that!

Roll Eyes
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 09:28:45 PM »

It's hard for me to blame the DNC when the Sanders campaign has spent the past 24 hours making repeated false statements to the press.

Which claims would be the false ones? Also the DNC has been doing some of their own dirty tricks when the DNC chair has wanted Clinton president for years now.

They were saying it was a low level staffer this morning. It turns out it was a senior staffer, the National Data Director and another staffer.

They were saying that Clinton probably did it too. But when pressed, they said there was no evidence of that.

They said that nothing had been saved. Turns out files were saved, as the logs show.

Etc. etc. etc.

They change their story every couple of hours. It's ridiculous and shameful. Just man up and take responsibility for your actions; stop playing the victim and crying because you got caught.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 09:29:36 PM »

Hilarious video of Sanders campaign manager being CAUGHT IN A LIE live on air!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_277xh9zHB8
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 01:04:31 AM »

Really shocking that anyone would want to be associated with the Sanders campaign or his pathetic "movement" after today. I'm just sad that the party's grown its own version of the teabagger tumor.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »

Guys I'm aware that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have and will continue to attack each other. Not really sure what reaction you're looking for here?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 03:00:57 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2015, 03:02:37 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Oh yeah, you totally found me out bro. I'm posting on a political forum about two candidates who I both legitimately support in their respective primaries because I want to divide the Democratic Party and posting on an internet forum that a few hundred people read will achieve that.

Also it's funny that Sanders supporters are still whining about the debates, considering how awful Sanders is at them. Y'all should just be glad that Bernie lucked out and will only have to be thrashed by Clinton on live national television a few more times.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »

Glad to hear that jfern is finally admitting that Sanders is no more honest than Hillary is!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 11:20:27 AM »

what, you think it's likely that the VAN people intentionally set Clinton's data set to be non-private to trick Sanders' staffers into accessing it and attempting to save the lists, in order to set him up for a negative media event?

god I hate the Atlas during presidential years sometimes.

It's really the DNC that is to blame, but it doesn't help that VAN is also Hillary hacks.

No, it's the three Sanders staffers who stole information that are to blame. What the hell is wrong with you people?! Why don't you go try robbing your neighbor's house next time they leave their door unlocked and see if "well it's really my neighbor who is to blame" holds up as a defense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies