Hillary: "ISIS Using Videos Of Donald Trump To Recruit New Jihadists"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:17:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary: "ISIS Using Videos Of Donald Trump To Recruit New Jihadists"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary: "ISIS Using Videos Of Donald Trump To Recruit New Jihadists"  (Read 768 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2015, 09:27:24 AM »

Trump's response: "Can You Imagine Having That As President?"

A nice touch. It worked so well with Carly. Let's see if it works with Hillary too.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 09:44:41 AM »

Worked well with her? That's exactly when Fiorina started surging.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »

This might be true but whether it's true or not, I don't see why liberals are so happy to trumpet it. It actually proves that Islam is terrible if "moderate" Muslims are so easily converted to ISIS ideology.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »

It might help Clinton in a general election with some swing voters.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »

Trump's response: "Can You Imagine Having That As President?"

A nice touch. It worked so well with Carly. Let's see if it works with Hillary too.

The other similarity to Carly is the video doesn't seem to exist.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 02:03:40 PM »

This might be true but whether it's true or not, I don't see why liberals are so happy to trumpet it. It actually proves that Islam is terrible if "moderate" Muslims are so easily converted to ISIS ideology.

Uh, no. It's pretty easy to radicalize anyone who is constantly made to be at the receiving end of deep cutting and pervasive discrimination. A community of Muslims whose neighbourhood has been senselessly blown up by an American drone is going to be pretty receptive to the message that the US hates Islam, especially if men like Donald Trump basically come out and say as much.

I mean, hell. I'm not saying I've radicalized, but since coming out to myself and my friends as gay the attacks on LGBT people from the usual suspects seem to cut pretty deeply too. And while I'm not a violent extremist, I'll come clean and say I feel much more hateful these days than I did before, because there are identifiable people out there who I know would totally degrade my value as a human being because I'm attracted to men. There are people who would hate me for it and who would fight to exclude me from society. I'm supposed to just accept that and move on? I'm not supposed to feel anything about that?

I know the situations are very different. But I can see exactly why someone would be receptive to radicalization, and I'll tell you now that the process is most certainly a group effort. It takes a willing individual, but there are forces that can help push an individual to that point too. And I would not be surprised to hear that Donald Trump is now becoming one of those forces.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »

And Trump uses ISIS videos to recruit new supporters!

The spiral continues.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 02:07:57 PM »

The Donald now has Mexicans violently smashing piņatas in the streets in his effigy, and they're largely of the same religion and not "radicalized". Video or not, why is this so hard to believe?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 02:15:34 PM »

The Donald now has Mexicans violently smashing piņatas in the streets in his effigy ...

And its reported that this took place in New Jersey, and just not a handful of people either.
There were "thousands and thousands" of them ....
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »

The Donald now has Mexicans violently smashing piņatas in the streets in his effigy ...

And its reported that this took place in New Jersey, and just not a handful of people either.
There were "thousands and thousands" of them ....

#BuildTheWallWithABigBeautifulDoor #TheyreBringingCrime #RapeSheets
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »

I took this more as her making a soundbite joke, not an actual valid accusation. How did the media pick this, of all the things said last night, to run with?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »

Yeah it seemed pretty obvious to me that this was just a figurative way of saying that Trump is a recruiting tool for ISIS, not that there are literally videos.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »

Uh, no. It's pretty easy to radicalize anyone who is constantly made to be at the receiving end of deep cutting and pervasive discrimination. A community of Muslims whose neighbourhood has been senselessly blown up by an American drone is going to be pretty receptive to the message that the US hates Islam, especially if men like Donald Trump basically come out and say as much.

Thus the need for caution. Avoid overkill.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I became sympathetic to gay rights as if gay myself -- once I was gay-bashed. Paradoxically I used the most conservative rationale possible: law and order, without which civil rights and political freedom are meaningless. With the gay-basher I had no means of showing that I am straight. Yes, gay-bashers are loathsome people -- but so are racists, religious bigots, child molesters, wife-beaters, and drug-dealers.

OK, I'm a sissy, but I have no attraction to men. You can probably figure that one out.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There is always something to radicalize anyone -- basically a betrayal of the normal standards of acceptable decency or the denial of human dignity.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »

Presidential candidate exaggerated, news at 11.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »

Look, she's not exactly wrong on this point.....

But considering she was part of the foreign policy brain trust that created ISIS in the first place, its all a bit rich coming from Hilldog.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »

Trump's comments imply there is a war between the west and Islam. In that context, even "moderate" muslims might be swayed to join a group that purports to be fighting for Islam.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 03:29:36 PM »

Thing is I bet Clinton also features in ISIS propaganda as a recruiting tool.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies