Hillary: "ISIS Using Videos Of Donald Trump To Recruit New Jihadists" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:19:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary: "ISIS Using Videos Of Donald Trump To Recruit New Jihadists" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary: "ISIS Using Videos Of Donald Trump To Recruit New Jihadists"  (Read 798 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: December 20, 2015, 02:03:40 PM »

This might be true but whether it's true or not, I don't see why liberals are so happy to trumpet it. It actually proves that Islam is terrible if "moderate" Muslims are so easily converted to ISIS ideology.

Uh, no. It's pretty easy to radicalize anyone who is constantly made to be at the receiving end of deep cutting and pervasive discrimination. A community of Muslims whose neighbourhood has been senselessly blown up by an American drone is going to be pretty receptive to the message that the US hates Islam, especially if men like Donald Trump basically come out and say as much.

I mean, hell. I'm not saying I've radicalized, but since coming out to myself and my friends as gay the attacks on LGBT people from the usual suspects seem to cut pretty deeply too. And while I'm not a violent extremist, I'll come clean and say I feel much more hateful these days than I did before, because there are identifiable people out there who I know would totally degrade my value as a human being because I'm attracted to men. There are people who would hate me for it and who would fight to exclude me from society. I'm supposed to just accept that and move on? I'm not supposed to feel anything about that?

I know the situations are very different. But I can see exactly why someone would be receptive to radicalization, and I'll tell you now that the process is most certainly a group effort. It takes a willing individual, but there are forces that can help push an individual to that point too. And I would not be surprised to hear that Donald Trump is now becoming one of those forces.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies