Rubio path to victory in the General Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:23:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio path to victory in the General Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio path to victory in the General Election  (Read 1044 times)
buddy36
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »
« edited: December 20, 2015, 05:18:34 PM by buddy36 »

For Rubio to be the next president he must win 270 electoral votes. I predict because Romney was one of the weakest candidates possible with the 10k bet and 47% comment his 206 Electoral Votes  he got is the absolute lowest a modern day GOP candidate can get. ( I'm not including MiCains fail because of the crash and if that were to happen again Obama would be blamed for the crash because he is the current president )So Rubio can only go up to start off it is obvious Rubio will take Flordia giving him 235 EV and a new Quinnipiac poll came out in Colorado 16% ahead of Hilary giving him a total of 244 now in Rubio has a lead over Hilary in PA poll according to PPP or Quinnipiac (They had the same results  giving  a firm showing of who the state is siding with.) This adds to make a total of 264 EV out of 270. In OH in a recent Quinnipiac poll shows Rubio ahead by 4 points outside the margin of error which will add 18 EV for Rubio making him president with 282. Let's not stop there let's see how big of a landslide this will be( I consider 67%+ or 361 EV of the electoral vote a landslide.) In VA, A Quinnipiac poll shows Rubio ahead by 2 points but you can decide to count that because the margin of error is 2.8%.Now time to talk about MI and MN in MN Rubio leads by 6 points according to USASurvey the most recent poll there, and In MI Mitchel Research puts Rubio ahead
 9%. This bringing the total to 308 or 321. Now on to Wisconsin a poll by Marquette Law gives us a neck to neck race in Wisconsin of 44-45 Rubio advantage but I looked into this poll some more and found the  makeup of the poll 41 GOP - 46-DEM so if makeup is even it would expand Rubio lead also, Rubio is up 5 and Clinton is down 3 in this poll since September and Hilary Numbers don't seem to be improving anytime soon. Now making the total 331 or 318. Additionally, To be noted Rubio has not even campaigned in Wisconsin yet. IA shows Rubio ahead of Clinton by 7 points according to the PPP. Many other states are up for grabs I believe, but this is the only fact based so right now many other states have insufficient polling data.

buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »

His only realistic path to 270 EV:

Win the Romney states.
Win Florida.
Win Ohio.
Win Colorado.
Win Iowa.
Win either Virginia or Pennsylvania or Nevada or Wisconsin or ME-02. Here's where things get tricky.

Not just those states go look at the polls I quote i recommend you take a look
Camaro33
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.23, S: 0.17

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 05:25:58 PM »

I can't see a win without Virginia. The 268 map illustrates that the next most "winnable state" must be Virginia, so it's a must win.

Romney states plus Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Virginia. I think Colorado will be to the left of these states.
buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 05:26:07 PM »

Win the Romney states.
Win Florida.
Win Ohio.
Win Colorado.
Win Iowa.
Win either Virginia or Pennsylvania or Nevada or Wisconsin or ME-02. Here's where things get tricky.

Not just those states go look at the polls I quoted I recommend you take a look
buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 05:27:19 PM »

I can't see a win without Virginia. The 268 map illustrates that the next most "winnable state" must be Virginia, so it's a must win.

Romney states plus Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Virginia. I think Colorado will be to the left of these states.
I don't think so just based on polls CO looks more like TX then DC
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 05:29:12 PM »

Romney states plus Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and one of Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, or Nevada seems to be the best bet for any Republican. For Rubio, I'd say either Iowa or Colorado is the easiest.
buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »

Win the Romney states.
Win Florida.
Win Ohio.
Win Colorado.
Win Iowa.
They are the only things we can go on and we can't use past election because the past is in the past and GOP have been building a ground game there for decades and they always come in grasping reach of the state but always fail I think according to polls Rubio will let them carry the state.
Not just those states go look at the polls I quote I recommend you take a look

Early GE polls are pretty meaningless. I guarantee you Rubio isn't winning MN, MI and NH.
buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 05:32:27 PM »

Romney states plus Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and one of Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, or Nevada seems to be the best bet for any Republican. For Rubio, I'd say either Iowa or Colorado is the easiest.
I agree but more states more win the better and will help carry senators and congressmen or women
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »

All of the Romney States + FL, OH, VA. He must then win one of IA or NH. Pretty much the same as any other GOP candidate. I'd also suggest CO and NV, but I think these are stretch goals for any GOP candidate after Trump's "Build the Wall" rhetoric.
buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 06:10:43 PM »

All of the Romney States + FL, OH, VA. He must then win one of IA or NH. Pretty much the same as any other GOP candidate. I'd also suggest CO and NV, but I think these are stretch goals for any GOP candidate after Trump's "Build the Wall" rhetoric.
Co not a stretch according to the polls they seem more like the states are in the bag
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »

Co not a stretch according to the polls they seem more like the states are in the bag

I think you're going off the one Quin poll in mid November.    It seems to be an outlier,   and it was more than a month ago.   Clinton has had leads in Colorado in other polls.    It'd be nice to have more polls in Colorado.   

buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 06:30:19 PM »

Co, not a stretch according to the polls they seem more like the states are in the bag

I think you're going off the one Quin poll in mid-November.    It seems to be an outlier,   and it was more than a month ago.   Clinton has had leads in Colorado in other polls.    It'd be nice to have more polls in Colorado.   

Ok can you tell me what poll you're talking about I would love to see it and in terms November is not that long ago with the amount of polling data
Former Democrat
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 06:34:09 PM »

all the Romney7Ryan states + FL OH IA CO NV or  NH or  PA
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:41 PM »

Co, not a stretch according to the polls they seem more like the states are in the bag

I think you're going off the one Quin poll in mid-November.    It seems to be an outlier,   and it was more than a month ago.   Clinton has had leads in Colorado in other polls.    It'd be nice to have more polls in Colorado.   

Ok can you tell me what poll you're talking about I would love to see it and in terms November is not that long ago with the amount of polling data

Like I said,  there aren't that many out there.    Recently it really has been "just" Quinnipiac.   And even then it's just the two in November.    I can't imagine Rubio winning Colorado by 16 points, that would just be crazy.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 07:17:11 PM »

Young Moderate Hispanic - 296 EV
DixieKKKrat Neoliberal Warmonger - 242 EV
buddy36
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »

why CO are really red in their hearts

Like I said,  there aren't that many out there.    Recently it really has been "just" Quinnipiac.   And even then it's just the two in November.    I can't imagine Rubio winning Colorado by 16 points, that would just be crazy.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

The states colored blue above gets Rubio 268. He then either take ME-2 to send the election to congress, or one of the gray states to win it on election night.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies