Cruz/Haley?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:35:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Cruz/Haley?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cruz/Haley?  (Read 482 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2015, 12:23:48 AM »

How likely is this ticket? Would Nikki Haley run with Cruz, she seems more the establishment type?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 12:29:16 AM »

Even with Haley as VP Cruz has a low chance of actually winning.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:39:00 AM »

If she were the VP nominee, her alleged affair would get heavy scrutiny. She'd probably refuse to be vetted if it's true and I'll say it is, going only off the fact that she's from South Carolina, home of Mark Sanford, Strom Thurmond and Lindsay Graham.

Speaking of female VP prospects, it's telling how much Susana Martinez has dropped out of the VP conversation to the point that she just had a run in with the cops and it didn't even get a mention here.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 12:53:47 AM »

If she were the VP nominee, her alleged affair would get heavy scrutiny. She'd probably refuse to be vetted if it's true and I'll say it is, going only off the fact that she's from South Carolina, home of Mark Sanford, Strom Thurmond and Lindsay Graham.

Speaking of female VP prospects, it's telling how much Susana Martinez has dropped out of the VP conversation to the point that she just had a run in with the cops and it didn't even get a mention here.
A Cruz/ Haley ticket could win. She has marital baggage however.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:35:02 AM »

Even with Haley as VP Cruz has a low chance of actually winning.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »

Given the wording Gov. Haley has used when rejecting accusations that she cheated on her husband in the past, my personal guess is that she has an open marriage. It's not exactly something new to the US, although being completely out of the closet about it rather rare, and open marriages are probably a small percentage of the population.

If that's the case, I think it would be great to see a pro-open marriage candidate. But it would probably be the kiss of death to any Republican politician, or any politician from either party running on a national ticket.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies