Opinion of the Episcopal Church (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:10:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the Episcopal Church (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Favorable

Unfavorable

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Opinion of the Episcopal Church  (Read 3691 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: January 01, 2016, 07:22:46 PM »
« edited: January 02, 2016, 08:23:59 PM by angus »

Heretics. And even not that cool ones.

pretty much that's my thought.  Not that I'm a religious scholar, but my impression is that it's basically Catholic-lite, and purulently so.  

I have attended Episcopalian mass a few times, although it has probably been at least 25 years, but my distinct impression is that the Episcopal Church is basically the Americanization of the Church of England.  I could be wrong, and I'd welcome any attempt to correct my misapprehension.

I don't really think there are heretics, because I don't think the political organization that is the Roman Church as any claim on the ultimate religion, but I do think that Episcopalianism is just a very slight modification of it, but with less political power and with none of the "cool"ness of the modern American flavors of Christianity, which features Joel "God wants you to be rich" Osteen.  So I think I understand your tongue-in-cheek remark and I think that I mostly agree with it.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies