Wow it's now been three years since that Mayan apocalypse nonsense
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:30:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Wow it's now been three years since that Mayan apocalypse nonsense
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wow it's now been three years since that Mayan apocalypse nonsense  (Read 542 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »

Crazy.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 12:28:19 PM »

It really puzzles me that there indeed are people who think ancient cultures had some sort of deeper, mystical understanding or knowledge of things than what we do today. This was a very extreme example of it, but still.

Anyway, Neil Tyson had a ball with it (I love the guy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HghEBxHvgg
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »

I had never heard of it.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 12:33:04 PM »

My highlight of the period was watching some new TV show I found, looking at the clock and chuckling. Amazing how time can just fly away from ya, get away from you.

Current Mayan long count is 13.0.3.0.16, one year and one day ago it was 13.0.0.0.0.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 07:57:33 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 02:12:04 AM »

What if it happened and we just didn't notice it? What if humanity is living in the Age of Apocalypse right now (x-men style)? If you ask me, (and nobody asked me how I feel, 22 minutes to go) things have been accelerating recently. They're testing the trap and it works fine (10 minutes to go). Soon enough I'll be able to see the mountains, see the sky (3 more minutes to go).
When that noose does come and we all fall down, the question is what's next. The answer for me: garden of earthly delights, where human society rebuilds itself, based on cooperation and partnership and capitalism is finally ended. Then we truly will have entered in a new age of humankind.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 09:43:38 AM »

What if it happened and we just didn't notice it? What if humanity is living in the Age of Apocalypse right now (x-men style)? If you ask me, (and nobody asked me how I feel, 22 minutes to go) things have been accelerating recently. They're testing the trap and it works fine (10 minutes to go). Soon enough I'll be able to see the mountains, see the sky (3 more minutes to go).
When that noose does come and we all fall down, the question is what's next. The answer for me: garden of earthly delights, where human society rebuilds itself, based on cooperation and partnership and capitalism is finally ended. Then we truly will have entered in a new age of humankind.

Climate change will cause chaos, regardless of what the Mayan count is when the disaster starts to pick up.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »

Climate change will cause chaos, regardless of what the Mayan count is when the disaster starts to pick up.

And what ended the Mayan civilization, regardless of their calendar? Climate Change!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies