Interstate Abortion Regulation Act (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:08:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Interstate Abortion Regulation Act (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Interstate Abortion Regulation Act (Failed)  (Read 1787 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 05:16:04 PM »

The amendment failed to pass.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 10:30:14 PM »

NAY FTR
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 05:39:38 PM »

Abortion is supposed to be a regional issue.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM »

Abortion is supposed to be a regional issue.
Ah, but extremists don't care about the Constitution, you see.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 05:59:48 AM »

I motion for final vote on this bill.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »

I motion for final vote on this bill.
Second. This unconstitutional claptrap has taken up enough of our time.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 04:02:38 AM »

A final vote is now open. Please vote.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 04:42:28 AM »

Nay
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2016, 01:53:04 PM »

Nay
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 02:23:51 PM »

NAY
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »

Nay
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2016, 06:48:18 PM »

NAY!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2016, 03:57:11 AM »

NAY
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »

This bill has enough votes to fail.
Senators have 24 hours to change or add their votes.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 04:54:28 PM »

The bill failed to pass.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »

The Senate has the power to regulate interstate commerce. This doesn't deal with the issue of abortion in the way we think about it (ban vs. legalize). This is a matter of licensing, regulation, etc. That circumvents the constitutional limits on the Senate's power to regulate abortion.

I suppose I could agree to an exception for life-threatening emergency abortions as attested to by medical professionals. However, PiT, the idea is to create a logistical nightmare for an industry built on the destruction of life. I don't want to make their job easy. I want the practice of abortion limited to absolute medical necessity, and even then I believe it should be left to the discretion of the woman.

If you're in the business of wanting to make life easy for abortionists, then you shouldn't vote for this bill but you also shouldn't call yourself a conservative.

Do you mean to tell me that a hospital should be forced to tell women that either she and her child dies, or they induce early child birth with an extremely high rate of death for the child but practically zero for the mother? I hope you don't honestly believe it is medically possible to have a choice between the life of the mother and the baby.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2016, 12:40:34 AM »

The Senate has the power to regulate interstate commerce. This doesn't deal with the issue of abortion in the way we think about it (ban vs. legalize). This is a matter of licensing, regulation, etc. That circumvents the constitutional limits on the Senate's power to regulate abortion.

I suppose I could agree to an exception for life-threatening emergency abortions as attested to by medical professionals. However, PiT, the idea is to create a logistical nightmare for an industry built on the destruction of life. I don't want to make their job easy. I want the practice of abortion limited to absolute medical necessity, and even then I believe it should be left to the discretion of the woman.

If you're in the business of wanting to make life easy for abortionists, then you shouldn't vote for this bill but you also shouldn't call yourself a conservative.

Do you mean to tell me that a hospital should be forced to tell women that either she and her child dies, or they induce early child birth with an extremely high rate of death for the child but practically zero for the mother? I hope you don't honestly believe it is medically possible to have a choice between the life of the mother and the baby.

Keep in mind, the guy single handedly voted into office a leftwing super-majority just over a year ago and now rails on and on about conservative purity.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 01:04:18 PM »

Keep in mind, the guy single handedly voted into office a leftwing super-majority just over a year ago and now rails on and on about conservative purity.

Just saw this, Yankee.

Cris is not, nor has he ever been a conservative. A "supermajority," though I object to the use of that term, requires a lot more than one vote. Years of failure by the Atlasian Right is what gave us a leftwing Senate. It's the failure of our conservative party and your sclerotic leadership.

I don't want this whole thing to be a personality sh**t-show. Let's stop with the personal attacks and actually get some decent legislation written.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies