PA Map (in my opinion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:14:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  PA Map (in my opinion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: PA Map (in my opinion)  (Read 9693 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2005, 10:06:04 PM »

Would you mind finding some quotes from me...I need some egg on my face every once in a while...

Well, I don't want to see egg on your face since you're my PA 8 pal on this forum but in this case, you don't know how happy I am that you were wrong.

You say that it is likely a Dem pickup. I couldn't believe how many agreed with you.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=5866.msg156129#msg156129
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2005, 10:13:52 PM »

Well...to be fair...I made the whole...D pickup statement before we knew who was going to run (and be the R nominee)...partly my fault for a "Dewey Defeats Truman" statement...but hardly a condemnation of Fitzpatrick's chances...(also based on an assumption that the Dems would pull a torrecelli and run someone that wasn't greenwood fodder)

if you notice down the page (I think less than a day later) I went to a toss up...

then in a month or so that followed, I think I gave Fitz pretty good odds.

Ah well...I voted for Mike...and will so again, unless things change drastically.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2005, 10:16:04 PM »

Ah well...I voted for Mike...and will so again, unless things change drastically.

And that's all that matters!  Smiley

Now we just need you to support Santorum and everything will be fine.  Wink
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2005, 10:22:41 PM »

I'm still totally undecided on the senate race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2005, 10:24:38 PM »

Two social conservatives. One is economically conservative, the other is not. Sounds like Santorum is right for you. 
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2005, 10:28:49 PM »

Two social conservatives. One is economically conservative, the other is not. Sounds like Santorum is right for you. 

Then again, I hold the Caseys in high esteem, am not crazy about Santorum...and theres always the LP option or write in.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »

Then again, I hold the Caseys in high esteem, am not crazy about Santorum...and theres always the LP option or write in.

I like Casey, too. I'm always looking for people to vote for Santorum but I must admit that a Libertarian or other third party candidate will probably be closer to you. That actually helps Santorum in the SE so I don't mind all that much.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2005, 10:34:52 PM »

I like Casey, too. I'm always looking for people to vote for Santorum but I must admit that a Libertarian or other third party candidate will probably be closer to you. That actually helps Santorum in the SE so I don't mind all that much.

Though the fact that he basically dumped (Casey) the record number of PAers who voted for him for treasurer (myself included) kinda ticks me off.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2005, 01:48:44 AM »

Patrick Murphy...more democratic cannonfodder in PA 8...

The Bucks County Democratic Party (indeed all PA 8 democrats) need to take a break from inserting their heads up their collective posteriors and run a candidate who can win...not some candidate they'd like to win. At least Fawkes and the county GOP have realized this notion.

The last democrat in this seat was Peter Kostemeyer...a fiscally moderate, socially liberal (well moderately liberal...remember it was the 80s)

A moderate conservative will beat a populist in PA 8 any day of the week. Unless Fitzpatrick has been secretely found to be eating small children and animals.

Let them think they have a winner, throw tons of money in the race and end up losing elsewhere.  Smiley  Murphy will be better than Schrader though (not like that's hard to do...)

The more I think about it, the more I think Pat Murphy doesn't have a chance.  NARAL or PPSEPA won't put up a dime either.  We probably need another Kostmayer type to run against Fitz.  Say, I've read about his politics and mine are quite simlar.  Think I could carpetbag?  I will be 26.  <joking>
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2005, 02:21:16 AM »

Patrick Murphy...more democratic cannonfodder in PA 8...

The Bucks County Democratic Party (indeed all PA 8 democrats) need to take a break from inserting their heads up their collective posteriors and run a candidate who can win...not some candidate they'd like to win. At least Fawkes and the county GOP have realized this notion.

The last democrat in this seat was Peter Kostemeyer...a fiscally moderate, socially liberal (well moderately liberal...remember it was the 80s)

A moderate conservative will beat a populist in PA 8 any day of the week. Unless Fitzpatrick has been secretely found to be eating small children and animals.

Let them think they have a winner, throw tons of money in the race and end up losing elsewhere.  Smiley  Murphy will be better than Schrader though (not like that's hard to do...)

The more I think about it, the more I think Pat Murphy doesn't have a chance.  NARAL or PPSEPA won't put up a dime either.  We probably need another Kostmayer type to run against Fitz.  Say, I've read about his politics and mine are quite simlar.  Think I could carpetbag?  I will be 26.  <joking>

:-p

I will reiterate a previous statement...you better be born and raised in Bucks Co...to win this district

:-p
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2005, 07:47:48 AM »

Most of the people I know that live in Bucks were once from Philly, majority of those being the Northeast.  Also, there is an influx of New Yorkers in the county as well.  Not sure if that statement holds water, bullmoose.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2005, 11:39:08 PM »

Most of the people I know that live in Bucks were once from Philly, majority of those being the Northeast.  Also, there is an influx of New Yorkers in the county as well.  Not sure if that statement holds water, bullmoose.

Pretty Fair Statement (property values in this county are going way up...even for total crap)--in terms of Bucks County growth in the last 2 or so decades. You gotta realize that these are people with enough money to get out...(which in one respect leans them towards the GOP) but are from urban areas which shoves em the other way.

Lots of swing voters...not a bad thing.

Still people who wanted out of Philly and NY and are wary of anything that advertises being from Philly, at first glance anyhow.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2005, 12:59:15 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2005, 01:17:44 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

Obviously never been to Clearfield County, have you?

Perhaps I should elaborate, while we do tend to lean stongly for the Republicans in national elections, the county council is made up of one liberal democrat, one moderate democrat and one conservative republican.  Bud George, who represents the state house district that is basically just Clearfield County (minus DuBois) is a Left-of-center Democrat.  The state rep who represents DuBois, Dan Surra, is a liberal Democrat.  The top judge for the county is also a liberal democrat, while the associate judge is a Republican.

Clearfield County also has two papers, the Clearfield Progress and the DuBois Courier, each have about equal circulation.  The Progress is generally right-leaning in its editorial section, though they endorsed Clinton in 1992.  The Courier is strongly anti-Bush and anti-Republican in its editorial section, the guy who owns it Denny Bonivito has expressed his hatred of Bush several times in public and in the paper.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies