PA Map (in my opinion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  PA Map (in my opinion)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PA Map (in my opinion)  (Read 9644 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:14:14 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:16:38 PM »

Delco is dark red? No. Lehigh County is red? No.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 04:07:13 PM »

Would you put them as white?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »

Delco - white. Lehigh - light blue maybe white. The Dems have had their day in Lehigh, Flyers. That day is long gone now.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 04:11:09 PM »

Delco - white. Lehigh - light blue maybe white. The Dems have had their day in Lehigh, Flyers. That day is long gone now.

Lehigh is the quintessential swing county.  That and Delaware are too diverse and too close to really pin it down as anything.  Philly map coming shortly.  I'm sure you'll love that one.
danwxman

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 04:20:03 PM »

Why the hell is Lehigh county trending right? Is this true?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 04:23:37 PM »

More and more young professionals are moving into the area. Economic and social conservative families in the area. The days were unions used to be pretty powerful in the area are over.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 05:10:33 PM »

More and more young professionals are moving into the area. Economic and social conservative families in the area. The days were unions used to be pretty powerful in the area are over.

Yes, but the same can be said about Montgomery and Bucks counties.  Theya re flying left as a result.  danwxman has a point here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 05:13:06 PM »

Yes, but the same can be said about Montgomery and Bucks counties.  Theya re flying left as a result.  danwxman has a point here.

dan didn't post a point, Flyers. He asked if it was true and it is. Montco GOP still has atleast some presence. Lehigh Dems are pretty much gone. (By the way, your fantasy about Bucks has to end. The GOP still dominates on the local level there.)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 05:17:44 PM »

Also, Allegheny County isn't that liberal.   It would be populust.  Indiana is populist; Westmoreland might actually be light blue.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 05:17:55 PM »

dan didn't post a point, Flyers. He asked if it was true and it is. Montco GOP still has atleast some presence. Lehigh Dems are pretty much gone. (By the way, your fantasy about Bucks has to end. The GOP still dominates on the local level there.)

Lehigh Dems aren't "gone" just yet, but they have slipped.  They are holding on to dear life with Jennifer Mann though.  From what I heard she is quite popular in her district.  Should have won the Senate seat though.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 05:19:54 PM »

Also, Allegheny County isn't that liberal.   It would be populust.  Indiana is populist; Westmoreland might actually be light blue.

Forgot about Indiana.  If you read my notes, I did indeed tone down the social liberalism on that county.  Westmoreland was a tossup for me.  I was thinking a purple shade for that one. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 05:20:16 PM »

Lehigh Dems aren't "gone" just yet, but they have slipped.  They are holding on to dear life with Jennifer Mann though.  From what I heard she is quite popular in her district.  Should have won the Senate seat though.

They have Mann and Rooney. That's pretty much all thats left of them. And every year it keeps moving to the right...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 05:23:20 PM »

They have Mann and Rooney. That's pretty much all thats left of them. And every year it keeps moving to the right...

Rooney should have ran for Congress.  He would have proabably won easily instead of carpetbagging that fool Driscoll.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 05:24:52 PM »

Rooney should have ran for Congress.  He would have proabably won easily instead of carpetbagging that fool Driscoll.

He wouldn't win against Dent. Closer, of course, but no win. I'm guess about 52% Dent and 48% Rooney
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 05:28:39 PM »

He wouldn't win against Dent. Closer, of course, but no win. I'm guess about 52% Dent and 48% Rooney

Rooney might have.  I mean a yuppie carpetbagger from the Main Line got 40%.  That was not a good move for the Democrats however. 
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 08:00:48 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2005, 05:29:22 PM by Jake »

In my opinion:

Purple is populist leaning liberal
Dark Red is liberal
Light Red is moderately liberal/libertarian
Light Blue is moderately conservative
Dark Blue is conservative/populist conservative
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 08:09:56 PM »

Allegheny county as liberal? That is, at best, a stretch. If anything Allegheny is a populist haven just as with most of western PA. Except for possibly Erie I can see no place in Western PA being shaded fully liberal. All of the more Democratic counties, along with a good number of Republican ones, are Populist. In my opinion I would be hard pressed to find a fully liberal area out west, except for some areas of inner-city Pittsburgh. People have to remember that Allegheny county is much more than just Pittsburgh proper.
danwxman

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 01:06:22 AM »

Allegheny county as liberal? That is, at best, a stretch. If anything Allegheny is a populist haven just as with most of western PA. Except for possibly Erie I can see no place in Western PA being shaded fully liberal. All of the more Democratic counties, along with a good number of Republican ones, are Populist. In my opinion I would be hard pressed to find a fully liberal area out west, except for some areas of inner-city Pittsburgh. People have to remember that Allegheny county is much more than just Pittsburgh proper.

This is pretty much true. But there are some very liberal areas of Pittsburgh like Oakland that are just as liberal as parts of Philadelphia.
danwxman

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 01:08:19 AM »

In my opinion:

Purple is populist leaning liberal
Dark Red is liberal
Light Red is moderately liberal/libertarian
Light Blue is moderately conservative
Dark Blue is conservative/populist conservative

EDIT: Whoops, Switch Erie and Allegheny

Perry county is definetely dark blue.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 02:35:04 PM »

Montco and delaware (more of a stretch here) aren't liberal...(at least yet)  I'd put them as Left libertarian...bucks is straight up libertarian, and chester is probably right libertarian (you should have shades of each).

now if flyers could do a SEPA map...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 04:45:48 PM »

now if flyers could do a SEPA map...

...please restore some sanity and do your own.  Smiley
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 04:58:19 PM »

I need a map...and while I'm very familar at bucks co politics...I'd need to do a crash course on the rest of the region to get really really specific.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 05:25:35 PM »

First, I'd color Allegheny purple, though there are liberal areas.  I'd probably put Westmoreland as purple as well.

Indiana is fairly liberal (university town right the middle of it).  I'd go light red with it. 

Lehigh is probably purple.  In the 1990's, there were a number of close state house districts that kept on shifting back and forth and a state senate district that changed hands.

That CD has also been competitive.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2005, 10:28:36 PM »

That CD has also been competitive.

2000 - 53% Toomey
2002 - 57% Toomey
2004 - 59% Dent

It's moving into the safe Republican territory.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies