PA Map (in my opinion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:31:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  PA Map (in my opinion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA Map (in my opinion)  (Read 9721 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: May 22, 2005, 08:09:56 PM »

Allegheny county as liberal? That is, at best, a stretch. If anything Allegheny is a populist haven just as with most of western PA. Except for possibly Erie I can see no place in Western PA being shaded fully liberal. All of the more Democratic counties, along with a good number of Republican ones, are Populist. In my opinion I would be hard pressed to find a fully liberal area out west, except for some areas of inner-city Pittsburgh. People have to remember that Allegheny county is much more than just Pittsburgh proper.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 05:23:41 PM »

Allegheny county as liberal? That is, at best, a stretch. If anything Allegheny is a populist haven just as with most of western PA. Except for possibly Erie I can see no place in Western PA being shaded fully liberal. All of the more Democratic counties, along with a good number of Republican ones, are Populist. In my opinion I would be hard pressed to find a fully liberal area out west, except for some areas of inner-city Pittsburgh. People have to remember that Allegheny county is much more than just Pittsburgh proper.

This is pretty much true. But there are some very liberal areas of Pittsburgh like Oakland that are just as liberal as parts of Philadelphia.

But Oakland really isn't that big. Except for the college vote and some parts of Squirrel Hill and Shady Side Pittsburgh is a populist city and Allegheny is a populist county.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 08:35:52 PM »

Toomey beat a total boob named Ed O'Brien twice.  Toomey came off more prim and proper and O'Brien came off as a flaky union guy.  I will say this- The Democratic party in PA outside of the Philadelphia area had best better get its act together.  There are a couple of "accidents" the Dems had that could have easily been avoided such as Santorum, Hart, Toomey, and now Fitzpatrick had they put up the right candidate.  All of the above people won races they should have never won, but surely they took advantage of Democratic incompetence.  Now we only have Toomey gone and still have 3 young, ultra-conservative nut job Catholics to eliminate.  For some reason, the Dems get scared off by these people and dont' want to do anything to stop them until now.  Hopefully, Chris Heinz decides to take on Melissa Hart and Patrick Murphy can make a run for MIke Fitzpatrick in PA 8.   

Heinz can't beat Hart especially since she has a spot on Ways and Means now.

Heinz beating Hart? That's near impossible.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 09:08:33 PM »

Toomey beat a total boob named Ed O'Brien twice.  Toomey came off more prim and proper and O'Brien came off as a flaky union guy.  I will say this- The Democratic party in PA outside of the Philadelphia area had best better get its act together.  There are a couple of "accidents" the Dems had that could have easily been avoided such as Santorum, Hart, Toomey, and now Fitzpatrick had they put up the right candidate.  All of the above people won races they should have never won, but surely they took advantage of Democratic incompetence.  Now we only have Toomey gone and still have 3 young, ultra-conservative nut job Catholics to eliminate.  For some reason, the Dems get scared off by these people and dont' want to do anything to stop them until now.  Hopefully, Chris Heinz decides to take on Melissa Hart and Patrick Murphy can make a run for MIke Fitzpatrick in PA 8.   

Heinz can't beat Hart especially since she has a spot on Ways and Means now.

Heinz beating Hart? That's near impossible.

Thank you. That name can only get you so far. He'd do better than Hart's past challengers, that's for sure, but he still wouldn't win it.

Well considering that Hart got re-elected with 63% of the vote it would not be that hard to improve.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies