You now live in the above posters province/state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:25:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  You now live in the above posters province/state
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: You now live in the above posters province/state  (Read 5733 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »

Probably I will move to the Budapest if live in Vienna. If not stay and feel threatened by FPO:
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2015, 10:41:39 AM »

I'd be okay with living in Warsaw. It's a very nice city: green, modernizing and with friendly people. If I'd find an interesting, well-paying job there, I'd definitely move. Lodz, however, doesn't seem to be a very attractive place to me (sorry).
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2015, 10:45:13 AM »

I'd love to live in Amsterdam, or just about anywhere in the Netherlands (well, maybe excluding the Bible Belt and some small Frisian Islands)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »

Vienna, love me some Mozart.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46:54 AM »

It might be OK. I wonder if Halifax is colder than Hudson. If so, my partner would be most unhappy. He's whimpering this morning, because we had our first snow last night. The word Samoa is coming up again, as in we need to go there for a couple of months. Maybe folks who have genes largely drawn from Teutonic tribes are more resistant to cold or something, just like they tend not to be lactose intolerant. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2015, 11:50:59 AM »

There's lots of areas in NY that are good.   Torie's HUDSON HUDSON HUDSON area is nice, as is Hyde Park.  Western NY, particularly Chautauqua County is pretty nice, up from Westfield to Fredonia and even up to some of Dunkirk's suburbs.  I haven't been to the Finger Lakes but I'd love to visit.

So, avoiding NYC and LI......yeah, not so bad.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2015, 12:12:56 PM »

You now live in the above posters state...  How do you feel?

Indeed I do, and I feel full at the moment.  A bit gassy as well.  Had three chicken tacos for lunch.  I'll walk to the club after I take a big dump and ride the stationary bicycles and enjoy a swim.

Later, I'll feel a bit squiffy.  Probably after 3 or 4 pm.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »

I don't think I'd mind being in Pennsylvania, just not sure about Lancaster.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2015, 12:28:42 PM »

Depends on where I am. UP seems very nice
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2015, 12:58:24 PM by Torie »

There's lots of areas in NY that are good.   Torie's HUDSON HUDSON HUDSON area is nice, as is Hyde Park.  Western NY, particularly Chautauqua County is pretty nice, up from Westfield to Fredonia and even up to some of Dunkirk's suburbs.  I haven't been to the Finger Lakes but I'd love to visit.

So, avoiding NYC and LI......yeah, not so bad.

LI is just horrific. Flat, loaded with traffic, ugly, and suck city totally. The LI accent is also butt ugly. NYC is great if you are a rich. Otherwise, it's horrible. Partner Dan makes some noises about NYC from time to time (like having a crash pad there at least). I tell him that that is an extravagance. I even resist staying the night there, absent some special arrangement. We need to catch the 10:45 pm train out - period.

The Finger Lakes are magnificent, and some of the towns on those lakes, while very bourgeoisie, some looking like Main Street in Disneyland, are just as cute as a button, and have lots of cultural events in the warmer months. But man, the snow dude. Snow, snow and more snow - except this year due to El Nino.

You have visited the Shining City on Hill, overlooking the river in the most magnificent river valley on this earth, Grumps?

Of course Angus feels stuffed! He lives in what is perhaps the most obese county in the nation. Fats here, fats there, fats, fats, everywhere.

Skip me, unless you find opining about the greatest state in the nation to be irresistible.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2015, 01:10:08 PM by Grumps »

You have visited the Shining City on Hill, overlooking the river in the most magnificent river valley on this earth, Grumps?

Yeppers.  My daughter went to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, so we'd often drive and see what was around.  She was familiar with the area, we just took in all of it.  Needless to say I never went there in winter....hell it was a long 8 hours to Hyde Park in good weather.   But yeah, it's all good up there.

We spend nearly 6 months of weekending it in Western NY on the Lake and I've become fond of those areas....very similar to western PA.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2015, 01:19:05 PM by Torie »

Yeppers.  My daughter went to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, so we'd often drive and see what was around.  She was familiar with the area, we just took in all of it.  Needless to say I never went there in winter....hell it was a long 8 hours to Hyde Park in good weather.   But yeah, it's all good up there.

We spend nearly 6 months of weekending it in Western NY on the Lake and I've become fond of those areas....very similar to western PA.

You check out Chautauqua?  Dan and I spent a week there during the summer events season. Lots of left wing Christian theology - with an emphasis on saving the planet from humans, and some fascinating lectures, and a fantastic performance of the Opera Macbeth in English, directed by a friend of ours, so we got to meet the cast afterwards, where the lead male singer proposed to his boy friend as a surprise, getting on his knees to beg. Good stuff! Smiley

It's the Finger Lakes area that is deluged with snow, due to the Great Lakes effect. Buffalo too. What a miserable place that is. It's mostly a western and northern NY thing, with the Tug plateau adjacent to Rome, NY getting more snow in the US than any place that is east of the Rockies.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »

You check out Chautauqua?  Dan and I spent a week there during the summer events season. Lots of left wing Christian theology - with an emphasis on saving the planet from humans, and some fascinating lectures, and a fantastic performance of the Opera Macbeth in English, directed by a friend of ours, so we got to meet the cast afterwards, where the lead male singer proposed to his boy friend as a surprise, getting on his knees to beg. Good stuff! Smiley

It's the Finger Lakes area that is deluged with snow, due to the Great Lakes effect. Buffalo too. What a miserable place that is.

Indeed we have checked out Chautauqua.  We'll occasionally grab lunch right near the lake.  Relax.  The area is pretty awesome for sure.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »

Maine is good.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »

~jumps off Mt. Rushmore~
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2015, 01:50:55 PM »

Jumps off Golden Gate Bridge
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »

PA--Pottsville or some quaint old town within reasonable driving range, like Jim Thorpe or Womelsdorf, to my job as official beer taster at the Yeungling Brewery.

NY--Some small Erie canal town East of Utica  and within range of Cooperstown/ Lake Glimmerglass (Otsego).  Again, I would be official beer taster at Saranac Brewery. 

ME--Some rocky coast town with a brewery that makes a beer that pairs well with lobster.  May require some research.

Since it's not obvious, I live in the state of New Orleans.

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »

"Huh, since when was New Orleans a state? Did Louisiana want to get rid of it that badly?!"
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »

"Huh, since when was New Orleans a state? Did Louisiana want to get rid of it that badly?!"

I suspect New Orleans wanted to get rid of Louisiana.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »

Northern NY is nice, I like the countryside. Not a huge fan of the cold winters though.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2015, 03:19:57 PM »

Virginia is fine with me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2015, 03:25:17 PM »

Aside from the liberalism, seems like a great place! Intent on visiting the PNW at some point!
andrew_c
Canada

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »

Michigan seems to be a nice place to live, as long as you're nowhere near the ghettos in Detroit.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »

I suppose Vancouver would be somewhat tolerable.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2015, 07:13:34 PM »

*SKIP*

Michigan seems to be a nice place to live, as long as you're nowhere near the ghettos in Detroit.

Uh, hate to go BRTD here, but there are some decently nice areas only a few miles north of 8 Mile. Bloomfield Hills is just south of Pontiac! As well, actually in Detroit, the area is developing. Now, you can have concerns about gentrification, but that's not the topic here. I don't enjoy being the optimist, but it appears, at the very least, that Detroit is on a relative uptick, and I wouldn't mind living in the area a few years after graduation.

*SKIP*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies