Trump threatens to use Bill's sex scandal against Hillary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:46:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump threatens to use Bill's sex scandal against Hillary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump threatens to use Bill's sex scandal against Hillary  (Read 5054 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2015, 08:30:30 PM »

Easy as pie !
My challenge to you : Give me any "controversial" issue/story about a family member of any presidential candidate, and I can "twist" the issue and relate it back to the candidate, every time.

So I suppose you conclude that Mrs. Clinton can go around claiming to be a wonderful proponent of women's rights, the ideal candidate to lead the charge for women everywhere, and nobody is allowed to ask her why she dismissed the credible charges made by several women regarding the actions of her husband? If that's what you are actually saying, then I'm sorry, but I have to be in Trump's corner on this one. (And believe me, I'm not in his corner on too  many things...). The fact is, Hillary Clinton wants to tout herself as this great feminist, but when it mattered, she showed herself to be anything but...

There should be no issue with who is a better "proponent of women's rights," when we look at only two candidates : Hillary or Trump.
Which of these two candidates do you honestly believe would support more of woman's rights ?
Hillary .... or Trump, who continues to say degrading (and poorly disguised) things about women and women as leaders ?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »

There should be no issue with who is a better "proponent of women's rights," when we look at only two candidates : Hillary or Trump.
Which of these two candidates do you honestly believe would support more of woman's rights ?
Hillary .... or Trump, who continues to say degrading (and poorly disguised) things about women and women as leaders ?

Trump's spokeswoman, Katrina Pierson, would have a different answer than you do. But my point is why should Hillary be allowed to make claims about her record on women's rights in a vacuum? People should challenge Trump on the things he says. People should do the same with Hillary. Is she supposed to be the better proponent of women's rights because she's a woman? Can she point to any real activities to back up her claim? Because as I say, her record based on how she treated certain badly treated women in the past doesn't speak well for her.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2016, 12:08:21 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2016, 12:10:48 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Trump's spokeswoman, Katrina Pierson, would have a different answer than you do.

Really !?? Tell me something I (we) don't already know.

Is she supposed to be the better proponent of women's rights because she's a woman?

Obviously no. But also as obvious is that in most cases, a woman will always be a better proponent of "woman's" rights, than a man. The profound changes to greater rights for women in the 1910's and 20's was because of women, and because of their devotion and hard work. If we would have left this push to just the men, well ....

Can she point to any real activities to back up her claim?

And what has Trump done for women ? Seems that through the years, Trump has consistently insulted, belittled, sexualized and stereotyped women. He has insulted notable women like Sarah Jessica Parker, Rosie O'Donnell, Cher, Bette Midler, Fox News' Megyn Kelly during the debate and now Hillary.

Also consider that no one can be a 100% pure "proponent" of any issue. A woman can never be a perfect proponent of woman's rights, a black (African-American) individual can never be a perfect proponent of black rights, etc.
We all have flaws, and no one can say that their sh#t does not stink when using the bathroom.

You didn't answer one of my last questions. I want to know what your belief is, or are you intentionally ignoring it ? Please give me a quick one word answer ("Trump" or "Hillary") to this question ......
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2016, 05:30:08 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2016, 09:52:06 AM by SillyAmerican »

You didn't answer one of my last questions. I want to know what your belief is, or are you intentionally ignoring it ? Please give me a quick one word answer ("Trump" or "Hillary") to this question ......

Sure thing. The honest answer I would give anyone posing a question like yours is quite simple: if you don't see a candidate being put forward by the two major political parties whose positions reflect your thinking on the issues you find important, and whose temperament you feel to be a good fit for the position he/she is seeking, vote for somebody else. So my quick one word answer to you is "neither". It's how I voted in the 2012 Presidential race, and could very well be how I vote in 2016. We'll see. If more people treated their vote as something of value, that needs to be earned (and I mean through things other than shouting "I'm better than that other person"), perhaps the country would be in better shape.

You and others fail miserably at pointing to a single, solid example of Mrs. Clinton acting in the best interest of a woman, either during her time as first lady, as Senator of New York, or as Secretary of State. But I'm supposed to take it on faith that she'd be better than Trump on "women's issues", because she's a woman and she says so (with just the right amount of bluster). Sorry, but I'm not buying it. She's a very good politician, granted, but an advocate for women's issues? Nope.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »

Sure thing. The honest answer I would give anyone posing a question like yours is quite simple: if you don't see a candidate being put forward by the two major political parties whose positions reflect your thinking on the issues you find important, and whose temperament you feel to be a good fit for the position he/she is seeking, vote for somebody else. So my quick one word answer to you is "neither". It's how I voted in the 2012 Presidential race, and could very well be how I vote in 2016. We'll see. If more people treated their vote as something of value, that needs to be earned (and I mean through things other than shouting "I'm better than that other person"), perhaps the country would be in better shape.

You and others fail miserably at pointing to a single, solid example of Mrs. Clinton acting in the best interest of a woman, either during her time as first lady, as Senator of New York, or as Secretary of State. But I'm supposed to take it on faith that she'd be better than Trump on "women's issues", because she's a woman and she says so (with just the right amount of bluster). Sorry, but I'm not buying it. She's a very good politician, granted, but an advocate for women's issues? Nope.

I had a hunch you would evade the question.
I did not ask you who you will support or vote for ? You are allowing who you support, interfere with answering the question.
An issue such a woman's rights is complicated, and cannot be seen as one person versus another having the exact same stance on this issue.
Don't look at the question as "what are the odds of seeing heads or tails" when flipping a quarter (coin) in the air (in where the odds are exactly 50-50).

Taking everything into consideration that you know about both candidates (Trump or Hillary), which do you believe would support woman's rights more ?
You cannot answer "neither." If you had to choose one, which of these two candidates would you select ? Which one to you is "slightly" more than the other (if you see both as almost equal) ?
The question is easy.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2016, 10:41:32 AM »

Taking everything into consideration that you know about both candidates (Trump or Hillary), which do you believe would support woman's rights more ?
You cannot answer "neither." If you had to choose one, which of these two candidates would you select ? Which one to you is "slightly" more than the other (if you see both as almost equal) ?
The question is easy.

My starting point is that the two candidates are equally bad. I asked for evidence of Mrs. Clinton's past positive activities vis-a-vis women's issues, and none were forthcoming. I can give examples of women leveling charges against a man she knows, charges which she dismissed outright but were since shown to have merit. That's bad. I'm waiting for counter examples that would lead me to conclude Mrs. Clinton is better than Mr. Trump. Absent any such evidence, I cannot and will not say she'd be even "slightly" better.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2016, 01:00:35 PM »

The question is easy.

My starting point is that the two candidates are equally bad. I asked for evidence of Mrs. Clinton's past positive activities vis-a-vis women's issues, and none were forthcoming. I can give examples of women leveling charges against a man she knows, charges which she dismissed outright but were since shown to have merit. That's bad. I'm waiting for counter examples that would lead me to conclude Mrs. Clinton is better than Mr. Trump. Absent any such evidence, I cannot and will not say she'd be even "slightly" better.

Your answer is Trump.
That's all you had to say.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »

My starting point is that the two candidates are equally bad. I asked for evidence of Mrs. Clinton's past positive activities vis-a-vis women's issues, and none were forthcoming.

Her website is a good starting place if you are torn between Sec. Clinton and Donald Trump on this issue.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/womens-rights-and-opportunity/
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2016, 04:00:05 AM »

Your answer is Trump.
That's all you had to say.

No, my answer is that I don't play the game "Yes or no, have you stopped beating your wife?" That's all I have to say.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies