2000 Election Game- Interactive Timeline!! (Game Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:30:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game- Interactive Timeline!! (Game Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game- Interactive Timeline!! (Game Thread)  (Read 7807 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2015, 07:17:14 PM »

CNN Broadcaster:

It's January 1st, 1999, although it's New Year's, political speculation has filled the day. Several potential candidates may announce their candidacies soon. President Gore has also picked Bob Graham as his new Vice President, in an attempt to appease liberals because he may run for re-election, however he has 40% approval ratings. Let's see what happens over the next week...

TURN 1 BEGINS ANNOUNCEMENTS: (JANUARY-JUNE 1999)

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 12:58:01 AM »

Live from Trump Tower in New York-

*applause* Thank you all! *more applause* My god, thank you all so much, you're so fantastic. *more applause* Hahahaha! Thank you.. *applause* Enough, enough, enough...sit down..sit down...

Thank you all for coming to the beautiful Trump Tower. I built this, you know. I built this. *scattered clapping*

Trump Tower isn't the only thing I've built. I've built more than all those fantastic Trump properties across the world. I've built a wonderful company and a fantastic fortune. Everything I own, everything I've built, I've done it all with my brain, which is yooge, believe me, and my work ethic, which is possibly the best that's ever been seen, ask these people. *Trump gestures to his family and employees in the front row to clapping*

Where did I get that from? Where do my big ideas come from? How the hell can some punk from reform school take a lot of guts, a lot of skill, and a lot of brains and become one of the richest guys out there? What do you all think? *scattered chatter and a couple of not-very-loud responses*

I will tell you where that came from: America. *applause* Yes, yes. I got it from America. From you all! *continuing applause* From my dad, my grandad, my ancestors. Our ancestors. *more applause*

There is a whole generation of people out there who built this country with their hands. A whole generation who went through the Depression, through World War Two! Through the Kennedy assassination, through the Cold War. Through all of these very, very important things.

You know, America beat communism. *clapping* Crushed it, totally. *continued clapping, dies down* But after we defeated the Soviets and evil was in retreat, we just pretended that things hadn't changed. We laid off troops, to be sure. We cut their benefits, to be sure. But we didn't close down bases or bring our boys home. Because of that, there are a lot of people who are veeerrrryy angry with us, to be sure.

We gutted our military, forgot about our veterans, *clapping* what heroes, total heroes, *clapping tapers off* and President Clinton used all the cuts that weakened our military to pay for these yooge welfare programs. New programs, new spending, but not where we need it.

I mentioned the people that built this country. How did they do that? Tell me, how did they do that? Was it with welfare? *audience says, "No!" Was it with yooge new entitlements like that disaster Hillarycare? *"No!"* Was it by signing these terrible, terrible agreements that sent our jobs overseas? *"No!"* Was it by hiking taxes on everyone to go hand it out to illegal aliens and people who don't work?! *"NO!" No, you're right! They didn't do any of those things!

Why?! Because they did things that make sense! And that's what I want to do! THAT is why I am proud to announce that I am running for the Republican nomination for President of the United States! *thunderous applause*

*shouting through near-constant applause* We're gonna get our trade deals right! We're gonna fix the border! We're gonna cut your taxes! We're gonna fix our roads! WE ARE GOING TO REBUILD THIS COUNTRY! AND I WANT YOU TO DO IT WITH ME! LET'S MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU! GOD BLESS YOU! *kisses flag posted over his shoulder* GOD BLESS *YOU*! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 01:36:38 AM »

A Special Message from George H.W. Bush,
41st President of the United States of America

Hello, my fellow Americans.

I'm coming to you today from my home in Houston, Texas, to talk directly to you, the American people, about the future of this great country.

We're at a time of great choosing. Do we want high debts, sky rocketing taxes, and a weak military? That's what the Democrats will give us. Even in the last six months, they've strayed away from the Third Way, middle of the road ideology of President Clinton towards the extreme liberalism of Bob Graham. America cannot afford another four years of Democratic control over the White House.

That's why I'm announcing that I am running for President of the United States of America, because we need a strong, capable, and confident leader. We need someone who has made tough decisions, who has worked with leaders from the other party, who can see both sides of a debate. We need someone who knows how to lead our troops, but also knows that the pen and the word are mightier than the gun and the sword. We need someone who can make a budget that funds America while keeping American taxes low.  I know how to do these things because I've done them before. That's why I'm running for President; this isn't a position you can learn how to do on the job. We need someone strong, tested, and proven in the White House.

I was President for four years and I was Vice President for eight years before that. Now, I've had eight years to learn even more and meet with even more people from this great country. I've spoken with single mothers from New York, blue collar workers from Ohio, ranchers from Wyoming, tech giants from California, and everyone in between. I've taken the last eight years to reflect on what I did right and what I could have done better. That's why I'm running for President; there's a job to get done.

Friends, I'm running for President in 2000 and I hope I can count you as one of my team. Thank you and God Bless."
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 04:56:35 AM »

A message from Harry Browne, your Libertarian choice for President

First of all, may I wish you all a Happy New Year, and what a time it is to be an American? Yesterday the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed out 1998 standing at 9,181 (an increase of 15% on the same position a year ago, consumer inflation is standing at just 1.61% and a mere 4.3% of the American workforce doesn't have a job. Now, you may ask "Yes, I can agree with all that, but those are all legacies of the incumbent president, why are you highlighting them?" to which I would reply "Because I want to ask you a question!"

"Are you happy?"

Are you happy with that fact that in America today it is possible for a man to be beaten and pistol-whipped and left to die on a fence in Wyoming? Are you happy that of the American police force only 12% are African American, 8% Hispanic, 2% identify as having another ethnic background and that only 10% are female? And are you happy that in 1998 according to Bureau of Labor Statistics 271,059 people in this nation, this great nation that we live in, live in poverty?

I'm not!

That is why I am announcing today that I am running for President of the United States and will, with your help, seek to make this country great again

This has been a message on behalf of the Vote Browne for President campaign
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 08:59:55 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2015, 09:39:32 AM by Battenberg »

Portsmouth, New Hampshire -

Hello New Hampshire, and indeed the people of this nation. I am launching my campaign for President of the United States of America. I believe that I can bring the ideas and policies that led to over 60000 jobs being created in New Hampshire to the White House. Ideas like Clean Energy and Subsidized Kindergarten. A Shaheen administration would not only be a smart one, but an efficient one. In New Hampshire, we brought Republicans and Democrats together to pass common sense, practical reforms that bettered our state. That is something we sorely need in our congress, which has spent the last six years locking horns with Bill Clinton and Al Gore. We had a speaker who shut down a government because he didn't like his seat on a flight. That is madness, and would not be tolerated under my presidency.

I have a lot of respect for Bill Clinton. Yes, his personal behaviour was lacking, but he tried his hardest to push through the ideals that our party have set in iron. However, I disagree with his actions in certain respects. The welfare reform bill of 1996, or P.R.W.O.R., was the wrong way to make welfare more workable. While getting people into employment was the ultimate goal of welfare, we shouldn't shove the people on it into slumlike jobs with terrible working conditions and piecemeal pay. It should be easier to find a job in this country, 'The Land of Opportunity'. Not only that, but we should strengthen the protections of those in work, so they can't be laid off without some very good reasons.

I believe that the Defense of Marriage and the Don't Ask Don't Tell acts were wrong. I know that the President was in a difficult situation when he had to sign them, and that he had very little alternative, but they are still mandated discrimination. The first thing I would do as president would be to repeal both of them. People should be protected, regardless of who they are.

Please don't take this is a bashing of our President. He won our party our first presidential election in 16 years when he defeted George Bush, and the first re-election since FDR in 1996. We must respect what he did for our party, his principles, and also his flaws. Al Gore has also steered the ship of state well, and I have confidence in his presidency.

But we need new faces in the White House.  Faces that can provide jobs for moms and dads while still giving them enough time to see their kids. Faces that can show that America is working abroad. Faces that can give our kids a better education. And that is why I'm running for president. Thank you.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2015, 10:57:53 AM by LongLiveRock »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM GOV. HOWARD DEAN (D-VT)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have served as a governor of this great state for 8 years. And it has come to my attention that people have declared their candidacy for President already! Now, I watched that idiot: Donald Trump *applause*. Yes, I watched his announcement speech and I saw him saying "Oh, Al Gore, he's bad. He didn't do stuff that made sense." Now, I may disagree with Al Gore on many issues, but I at least think eh deserves credit. However, I don't think he can win this election, and I think I can!

America, if you want someone to continue on in Mr. Gore's footsteps and keep the country on the right track, Howard Dean is your guy. I have done great things for the people of Vermont - i have helped the uninsured, the underprivileged. And I will do the same for this nation! I will help you, the people.

And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, in this coming election season of 2000, I will seek the Democratic nomination! Good day, everyone, and make sure to vote Dean!
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 10:30:18 AM »

" My Fellow Americans. I will seek the Repbuilcan Nomination for President. Why ? Why ? The Conservative Movement must need a new and strong leader to reinvigorate American Prosperity and Leadership. I believe that I am the most qualified person to do just that. America, despite all of it's triumphs, still has alto to do. Our Number 1 focus should be on fixing Our Education System so that children can have the skills for the 21st century economy. 2ND, We must simplify the tax code so that families can keep more money in their pocket. 3rd, we must move away from the " disposable people " culture. As president, I will fight for Adoption as a alternative to Abortion.

Why choose me ? My fellow competitors for the Nomination though great people have no expirience in business. My time as CEO of Bain Capitol has taught me why Jobs are created and why they are lost. I have created millions of Jobs at Bain and I will continue to do so as President.

America, In every election, people talk about the election as the most important one in history. Well, I believe this election will be the deciding factor in wheter or not our nation rises up and be the shining city on the hill. This is a great nation. Yes we are chaotic...... but we always unite. I ask for your vote. A New Chapter is starting. The Best is yet to come for America. Let's take on the world.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 10:49:16 AM »

" My Fellow Americans. I will seek the Repbuilcan Nomination for President. Why ? Why ? The Conservative Movement must need a new and strong leader to reinvigorate American Prosperity and Leadership. I believe that I am the most qualified person to do just that. America, despite all of it's triumphs, still has alto to do. Our Number 1 focus should be on fixing Our Education System so that children can have the skills for the 21st century economy. 2ND, We must simplify the tax code so that families can keep more money in their pocket. 3rd, we must move away from the " disposable people " culture. As president, I will fight for Adoption as a alternative to Abortion.

Why choose me ? My fellow competitors for the Nomination though great people have no expirience in business. My time as CEO of Bain Capitol has taught me why Jobs are created and why they are lost. I have created millions of Jobs at Bain and I will continue to do so as President.

America, In every election, people talk about the election as the most important one in history. Well, I believe this election will be the deciding factor in wheter or not our nation rises up and be the shining city on the hill. This is a great nation. Yes we are chaotic...... but we always unite. I ask for your vote. A New Chapter is starting. The Best is yet to come for America. Let's take on the world.

Mitt isn't anything except a failed Senate candidate and the Salt Lake City Olympics organizer. He would be a very, very minor candidate.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 10:50:20 AM »

Mitt isn't anything except a failed Senate candidate and the Salt Lake City Olympics organizer. He would be a very, very minor candidate.

So the equivalent of Morry Taylor '96?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 11:10:51 AM »

So the equivalent of Morry Taylor '96?

I have a plan. He's going to be a very diffrent campaigner than in real life......

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »

McCain for America 2000
"Let me start by making this statement: This election is not about Bill Clinton. You'll hear a lot of candidates going around decrying his failings. Yes, President Clinton did have a lapse in moral judgement and he, as well as the American people, has paid for it. It's time to move on and solve the problems facing our great nation and to move into the 21st Century, both figuratively and literally. We face a great opportunity.

One of the greatest gifts of our democracy is the opportunity it offers us every four years to change course. It's not a guarantee; it's only an opportunity. The question facing us is, simply put, will we seize this opportunity for a change?

At this Crossroads of Destiny, my friends, we face the opportunity to strengthen our nation's prosperity and resolve leading into the 21st Century. We can stand together to take up our country's cause. We can fight together to reclaim our government from those who corrupt it; to rescue our political system from those who debase it; to defend the proposition that democracy is
not only the most effective form of government, but the only moral government.

This is our New Patriotic Challenge. It is a challenge to each of us to join in the fight against the pervasive cynicism that is debilitating our democracy, that cheapens our public debates, that threatens our public institutions, our culture and, ultimately, our private happiness. It is a
fight to take our government back from the power-brokers and special interests, and return it to the people, and the noble cause of freedom it was created to serve.

If we are to meet the challenges of our time, we must take the corrupting influence of special interest money out of politics. Restoring honesty to our political system is the gateway through which all other policy reforms must pass.

To make our schools better, we must reduce the influence of the teachers unions and their lobbyists.

To improve our health care system, we must rein in the power of trial lawyers and the influence of insurance companies.

To relieve the tax burden imposed on working families we must eliminate the special interest loopholes and pork barrel spending that are the result of a campaign financing system that is nothing more than a sophisticated
influence peddling scheme.

And once we win our government back, there is no limit to what we can accomplish.

If elected President, I will not allow your Social Security money to be used for any purpose except Social Security -- no ifs, ands, or excuses.

Social Security money will be taken completely off budget - every single dollar. So politicians can't get their hands on your retirement money to finance another big government scheme.

I'll reserve more than sixty percent of the surplus to save Social Security. And I'll do it in the first year of my presidency. It won't be easy, but being President isn't
supposed to be easy.

My commitment to save Social Security will not prevent me from providing vital tax relief to the millions of Americans who have been overcharged by government for years. I will cut taxes, not for the special interests and
the big-dollar donors, but for the working men and women of this country.

I will repeal the indefensible tax penalty that punishes couples who want to get married.

I will slash the inheritance tax that penalizes those who wish to leave the fruits of their labor to their children.

I will end the earnings test penalty for seniors that taxes their income twice and denies them the self-respect that comes from working.

And I will dramatically increase the number of Americans who qualify for the lowest tax rate of fifteen percent by raising the eligible income to $70,000 per couple.

I'll pay for middle class tax relief by using the surplus funds not needed to save Social Security, and with the money saved by eliminating tax loopholes and corporate welfare that serve powerful special interests at
your expense.

Day after day, I have fought to stop Congress from treating your money like lottery winnings. I want you to know, what every member of Congress knows, that if I am President, I will refuse to sign any pork barrel bill that crosses my desk. And if Congress overrides my veto and tries to force me to waste your money, I'll make sure you know who they are - every single one of them.

Fixing a broken political system is the key to necessary reform in almost every area where the government touches your life. But nowhere are the stakes greater than in the education of our children.

First and most importantly let's return control of education back to parents and teachers. We can do this by sending ninety percent of all federal education dollars back to community classrooms rather than wasting it on
Washington bureaucrats. Let's put your child's education back in the hands of someone who knows your child's name.

It's time that we encourage and reward excellence, for students and teachers alike.

There's no reason on earth that a good teacher should be paid less than a bad Senator. But all pay should be based on merit, and teachers should be periodically tested for competence. Parents demand it; now they will finally
have the control to require it.

Every child in every classroom deserves a teacher who is qualified and enthusiastic about teaching. Some people just aren't meant to be teachers, and we should help them find another line of work. Because if teachers can't teach, our kids can't learn.

Education is the great equalizer and used wisely, the information revolution will hasten the end of a two-tiered society of haves and have nots, and advance human freedom into the even the darkest corners of tyranny.

Our ideals have made much progress in the world. But if they are to advance further we will need the service of all our children, not just the sons and daughters of a privileged elite. We need capable, committed leaders from
every part of American society to continue the American experiment and promote the American cause in a still dangerous world.

There is no safe alternative to American leadership. The history of this violent century has surely taught us that. We cannot hide behind empty threats, false promises, meaningless rhetoric, and photo op diplomacy. We must confidently defend our interests and values wherever they are threatened. And the first priority of our world leadership is to protect our own security.

As President, I won't ask how much security we can afford. I'll ask how much security do we need, and I will find the resources to pay for it. But I won't tolerate one dime of our defense budget being wasted to re-elect shortsighted politicians who put their own ambitions before the national
interest.

And we shortchange those priorities most vital to our security, including training, missile defense, weapons modernization, and counter-terrorism.

My friends, our nation has a unique place in the world. We are the greatest force for good on earth. We chart history's course. Yes, we must be involved in the destiny of other nations. But that does not mean we have
relinquished our sovereignty. It means we have persuaded much of the world to share our ideals. And that's not a cause for concern. It's a cause for hope.

We are the world's only superpower. We must accept the responsibilities along with the blessings that come with that distinction. And if America is to lead, then America's leader must be prepared for that challenge. The most
solemn responsibility given the President is the role of Commander-in-Chief.

When it comes time to make the decision to send our young men and women into harm's way, that decision should be made by a leader who knows that such decisions have profound consequences. There comes a time when our nation's
leader can no longer rely on briefing books and talking points, when the experts and the advisors have all weighed in, when the sum total of one's life becomes the foundation from which he or she makes the decisions that determine the future of our democracy.

When a President makes life-and-death decisions he should draw strength and wisdom from broad and deep experience with the reasons for and the risks of committing our children to our defense. For no matter how many others are
involved in the decision, the President is a lonely man in a dark room when the casualty reports come in.

I am not afraid of the burden. I know both the blessing and the price of freedom.

I am not afraid. I have faith in my country and the good men and women of every American generation who know the honor of defending our cause.

I am not afraid. I learned long ago how powerful America is when she has the courage of her convictions.

I am not afraid. My life has taught me that the strength and courage of others will always help sustain me in an hour of need.

I am not afraid, because I know that, as we prepare to take on the challenges of the next century, enough Americans will serve together a glorious cause greater than our narrow self-interests.

There are have always been those who question the moral imperative of American government and diplomacy. They are profoundly wrong. We embrace the virtues of inclusion in our party and in politics but we hold firm to our core national values.

We are all part of a great experiment: that people who are free to act in their own interests will perceive their interests in an enlightened way, and will gratefully accept the obligation of freedom to make of our wealth and power a civilization for the ages, a civilization in which all people share in the promise of freedom.

I have passed from a young man to an old one in the service of my country. When my time is over, I want only the satisfaction of knowing I was true to the faith of our fathers; true to the faith of a young Czech student who ten
years ago stood before a million of his countrymen, while a hundred thousand Soviet troops occupied his country, and read a manifesto that declared a new day for the people of Czechoslovakia. But he began that new day with borrowed words, when, trembling with emotion, he proclaimed:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

I want to be President to protect, until my life's end, our magnificent dream of freedom - God's great blessing to the world. And with your help I will.

Thank you.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »

From Ron Paul.

"Why stay under the same type of presidency that has continued to ruin this great nation? I'm the candidate for change that will benefit this nation. It's time to restore freedom in American, and restore respect for the Constitution. I'm Ron Paul and I'm running for the Republican Party nomination for president."
defe07

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 03:42:01 PM »

How do you guys play this? Do you use President Forever or a similar game? Maybe I'd like to play! Smiley
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:15 PM »

How do you guys play this? Do you use President Forever or a similar game? Maybe I'd like to play! Smiley

No, its an atlas forum game. And based on people's campaigning they improve in states, etc.

Also please join! I wont let this game die
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 11:27:08 PM »

John B. Anderson For America: Reform America Needs

"Good citizens of New York City, I am here before you today as a former statesman and leader of the Republican Party in Congress. I was a man popular with both sides of the aisle. I consider myself a Rockefeller Republican, and I consider America to be a Rockefeller Republican nation. I am dedicated to the cause of liberty, democracy, and the American Dream.

"We must be vigilant against tyranny, both at home and abroad. I, John B. Anderson, am asking for your hope, for your skills, and for your support as I run as a Reform Party member for President in 2000! I call on the third parties to endorse my candidacy, and I am ordering a campaign staff to begin ballot access for all primaries for the party.

"America, for too long the two-party system has trampled on individual liberty, and the Democrats and Republcians have decided that there will be no unity for America. I call on all individuals who support American civil liberties and unity to support my candidacy, and all third parties willing to endorse my candidacy.

"My fellow Americans, it is time for true change to strike the Washington, D. C. establishment. It is time for the election of our lives. It is time for hope to be spread throughout the American people. It is time for unity to be restored to America! It is time for the culture of partisanship to end! It is time for true reform to American Democracy, for Reform at Home and Change Worldwide!

"I can feel a movement of hope, and maybe this movement of hope will catch fire and spread throughout the country! America cannot afford one more year of the status quo. It is my goal to have 5,000 volunteers throughout the country by July 4 of this year, and 20,000 more volunteers and campaign workers by July 4, 2000.

"Join me, and let's make the next century and hopefully the next millenium an American century and an American millenium. Join me, and let's make reform at home and change worldwide. When America stands together, in unity and with all liberty at hand, we cannot be defeated! God bless you, and you, and you! God bless New York City, and God bless America!

- NYC, NY; January 1, 1999
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 12:17:21 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2015, 12:19:59 AM by Speaker NeverAgain »

Fmr. Senator and OU President David Boren is running for President!

Thank you, thank you all! Today we stand at the cornerstone of a new age, a new age prosperous in innovation,  a new age triumphant in its commitment to the liberty of it's people, and a new age standing tribute to those that have stood not afraid to speak their bold ideas and fight for them.

As we move into a new millennium, we must branch into new ideas that will propel us into this new great future of ours. We must abandon the protectionism of the far-right, and embrace the global economy in which we live and work. We must also be cautious by the calls of the far-left to abandon our historical values and morals that our founders held so dear.

We find ourselves in a time of unprecedented economic growth and prosperity. I plan to continue that growth with an eye toward the future, by investing in education, job training, and protecting our workers' with Social Security. We also must work with private companies to bring them into our innovation and growth as partners, not enemies. We must also work tirelessly across the aisle and recognize the time of political divisiveness is over.

In my almost 30 years in government, I have seen a distinct change in our democracy. Our government is not the "get things done" attitude my colleagues and I strive for, it has become a vast wasteland for those polarized by their own far-right or far-left ideals. In the past 5 years out of government, I have worked tirelessly for the students and faculty of Oklahoma University and seen that by putting politics aside and picking up the torch of bipartisanship we can get things done. The people of Oklahoma and I ask you to also pick up that torch and join me in an effort to restore political bipartisanship, continue our economic prosperity, and invest in our future as a participant in this global network. Thank you!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 12:45:01 AM »

OOC: tomorrow morning will be the start of the first turn. A news broadcast followed by national polling and statewide polling.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 12:47:21 AM »

OOC: tomorrow morning will be the start of the first turn. A news broadcast followed by national polling and statewide polling.
Sweet, thanks Haslam.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »

Sweet, thanks Haslam.

np!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 01:38:53 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2015, 10:07:24 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

CNN Broadcaster: Good morning, today I'd like to talk about politics. Specifically, the presidential election that is right at our heels. We have several candidates in the mix on the republican side in a most awkward scenario. Former President Bush is running with Colin Powell, someone who was in the Bush administration and never really considered politics. Donald Trump and John McCain are also polling highly on the republican side. With the democrats, it's quiet. With Senator Russ Feingold rumored to be conceiving a run, this field may get slightly louder. It currently consists of New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen, Vermont Governor Howard Dean, and Former Oklahoma Senator, David Boren. The Reform Party is basically set on John Anderson, but David Boren will likely run on that ticket if he loses the democratic nomination.
In conclusion, this'll be a wild and wacky election cycle. Let's see what happens and who wins.

START OF TURN 1 (JUNE 20TH, 1999-JULY 1ST, 1999)

OOC: Post your campaign schedules within forty eight hours please, also late announcements! Imma show y'all some polls too! PM for endorsement requests which will be seen in turn 2 and updated every turn! You have 3 endorsement requests per turn and I'll only grant the realistic ones! You can campaign with the people who endorse you too! Also nationwide polling with third parties included next turn! Also this turn, I'm only polling declared candidates! Peace.

Nationwide Republican Polling:

Donald Trump: 18.1%
George H. W. Bush: 18.0%
John McCain: 13.6%
Pat Buchanan: 12.4%
Pete Domenici: 11.9%
Steve Forbes: 8.0%
Ron Paul: 4.5%
Mitt Romney: 1.3%

Alaska Republican Caucus Polling:

Donald Trump: 27.0%
George H. W. Bush: 24.9%
Steve Forbes: 19.1%
Pat Buchanan: 10.0%
Ron Paul: 6.5%
John McCain: 4.7%
Pete Domenici: 4.6%
Mitt Romney: 2.5%

Iowa Republican Caucus Polling:

George H. W. Bush: 18.4%
Steve Forbes: 18.0%
Donald Trump: 17.9%
Pat Buchanan: 10.4%
Ron Paul: 6.0%
Pete Domenici: 5.4%
John McCain: 3.1%
Mitt Romney:2.5%

New Hampshire Republican Primary Polling:

George H. W. Bush: 17.8%
John McCain: 12.0%
Donald Trump: 12.0%
Pat Buchanan: 11.9%
Pete Domenici: 11.1%
Ron Paul: 8.4%
Mitt Romney: 8.0%
Steve Forbes: 8.0%

Delaware Republican Primary Polling:

George H. W. Bush: 20.1%
Donald Trump: 19.9%
Steve Forbes: 13.5%
Pete Domenici: 13.0%
John McCain: 12.0%
Mitt Romney: 9.0%
Pat Buchanan: 6.1%
Ron Paul: 3.2%

------------------------------------------------------------

Nationwide Democratic Polling:

Howard Dean: 41.0%
Jeanne Shaheen: 36.4
David Boren: 19.1%

Iowa Democratic Caucus Polling:

Howard Dean: 42.0%
Jeanne Shaheen: 36.9%
David Boren: 17.3%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary Polling:

Jeanne Shaheen: 52.0%
Howard Dean: 36.2%
David Boren: 11.1%

Delaware Democratic Primary Polling:

Jeanne Shaheen: 42.9%
Howard Dean: 41.1%
David Boren: 14.9%

Washington Democratic Primary Polling:

Howard Dean: 49.8%
Jeanne Shaheen: 42.1%
David Boren: 7.3%
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2015, 08:14:32 AM by LongLiveRock »

Howard Dean 2000 Campaign

This turn, Howard Dean will campaign in

Monday/Tuesday: Barnstorm in Delaware, seek endorsement from Biden
Tuesday: Fly to NH
Wednesday: Town Hall in Nashua, NH
Thursday: Drive home to Vermont
Thursday/Friday: Fundraise in Vermont, seek endorsement from Pat Leahy
Saturday/Sunday: Break w/ family, plan campaign ad

---EDIT---: Yeah, I can't send PMs? What should I do?
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2015, 06:43:56 PM by Harry Hayfield »

Campaign Schedule
Monday: Fly to Key West, Florida
Tuesday: Campaign Speech at Key West on American / Cuban relations
Wednesday: Fly to Madawaska, Maine
Thursday: Campaign Speech at Madawaska on American / Canadian relations
Friday: Fly to London, United Kingdom
Saturday: Meet with Charles Kennedy MP, leader of the British Liberal Democrats
Sunday: Fly to Washington DC for interview on Fox News Sunday
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 05:16:09 PM »

TRUMP
Make America Great Again

To my friends, family, and supporters,

The first days of the campaign have been absolutely wonderful. Without bending backwards to the media and the people in Washington, I've topped a former President, two Senators, two other guys in business, and some guy who runs for office every time he gets the chance. Everyone else in the field hasn't had the life I've had. They don't have the skills I have. They haven't built the successes I've built. I own properties worth more that Steve Forbes and Mitt Romney. My deals have made me rich, Bush's deals have made Americans unemployed. McCain pays lip service to cleaning up Washington and making people like me stop buying politicians, but I don't hear him telling them no when they want to run his TV ads.

Beyond that, there have been so many phenomenal people that have said such nice things about me. The smart guys working for me say we can likely expect crowds in the thousands in the next week. These are very smart people who say these things. I'm very excited about all the wonderful things happening.

The success of this campaign is real. I will win. I will be President. This week, I'm flying on my jet to the early states and I'm going to be talking about how we are going to make America great again. I want you all to write letters, call into radio, talk to your friends and family, and share what I'm running on. It's time for all of you, and people like you, to get the country you deserve again. That's what I'm gonna do.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our rallies.

Let's make America great again!

Donald J. Trump

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Donald J. Trump's schedule for this week is as follows:
Monday
-Barnstorming in New Hampshire
-Rally in New Hampshire with emphasis on NAFTA

Mr. Trump is focusing on trade issues in New Hampshire. Part of the barnstorming activities will include tours of outsourced factories led by former employees. After traveling through larger cities throughout most of the day for the factory tours, Mr. Trump cordially invites everyone he met with during the day, and anyone else interested, to a rally. The rally will highlight how much of a disaster NAFTA, which George Bush negotiated, is. In contrast to Bush's disastrous deals, Mr. Trump will emphasize his skill as a negotiator, noting that he has made billions of dollars from his deals. Trump will also draw connections between good paying manufacturing jobs and the stability of social security.

Tuesday
-Travel to Iowa overnight
-Barnstorm in Iowa
-Rally in Iowa focusing on trade and farms

Trade is important to agriculture. Mr. Trump will lay out his plan for strengthening American farmers by threatening to pull out of all international hunger programs that don't use 100% American grown and processed food. He will also defend the subsidy of ethanol and crops talking about how many good jobs it creates for Americans. "Ethanol also keeps us independent from the Muslims in the Middle East and the socialists in South America," say Trump's notes. The campaign will also seek to collect caucus cards and organizer names from those who attend the rally.

Wednesday
-Barnstorm in Iowa
-Hold reception for Trump 2000 volunteers

Mr. Trump will continue to travel around Iowa promoting his skill at negotiating and how he plans to make America great again. The campaign staff traveling with Mr. Trump will be collecting the contact information of everyone interested in Trump's message. Folks who agreed to volunteer at the rally yesterday will be invited to a reception headlined by Mr. Trump itself. If they are unable to attend, there will be a conference call immediately before Mr. Trump takes the stage.

Thursday
-Travel to Delaware overnight
-Visit outsourced factories
-Rally on trade issues

Mr. Trump will use a similar playbook in Delaware that is used in New Hampshire earlier in the week. The factory tours will be led by former employees who lost their jobs because of bad trade agreements negotiated by Bush and the Democrats. Trump will discuss the need to bring jobs home to really make America great again. He will also reiterate how crucial lots of good jobs are to keeping Social Security stable for people working now.

Friday
-Travel to New Hampshire
-Barnstorm with an emphasis on the theme of Making America Great Again

Mr. Trump will use the momentum surrounding the trade issue to weave together his overarching theme of making America great again. This means he will touch on taxes, regulations, illegal immigration, trade, infrastructure, and welfare dependence. Speeches like this constitute the normal stump speech and sound a lot like his announcement. Mr. Trump will continue to hammer home this theme across the state.

The Weekend
-Television appearances

Mr. Trump will use his weekend making two television appearances and a call-in to radio on Saturday. Mr. Trump  will also appear on three Sunday morning shows to take questions. (OOC: I need six interview questions for these appearances. Thank you.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2015, 01:30:07 PM by Battenberg »

SMART POLICIES FOR A SMART GOVERNMENT

Campaign Staff
Campaign Manager - Erik Greathouse
Deputy Campaign Director - Nick Clemons
Strategist - JoDee Winterhof
Press Secretary - Tracey Lewis
Political Director - Mike Vlacich

June 20th:
Meet and Greet in Chester, New Hampshire.
Barnstorm in Littleton, New Hampshire.
Rally in Woodstock, New Hampshire.
Campaign meeting.

Thank you, thank you. You know, small towns like this are the real representation of America. Part of the reason I got into politics was to stick up for people in towns such as these. People have been talking to me, and they are mainly concerned about their job. They have a right to be. You get CEOs and Company Directors shipping business operations overseas to save money on taxes, and the workers at home don't get to keep working and earning money. They get fired, as they are unfortunately aware.

That doesn't have to happen. It really doesn't. We can fix this. Under a Shaheen presidency, we would secure your job. We would put in place regulations that would prevent companies from suddenly throwing jobs across continents for facile reasons. And even if the worst happens, and you do end up unemployment, you would have enough to make sure you don't have to choose between eating and heating.

June 21st:
Fundraiser in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Opening campaign office in Hanover, New Hampshire.
Strategy Meeting in Concord, New Hampshire.
Meet and Greet in Concord, New Hampshire.
Appearence on WMUR News 9.

June 22nd:
Town Hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Rally in Hooksett, New Hampshire.
Speech on Abortion in Franconia, New Hampshire.
Appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews.

June 23rd:
Meet and Greet in Conway, New Hampshire.
Meet and Greet in Madison, New Hampshire.
Fly out to Iowa.

June 24th:
Speech on Healthcare in Sioux, Iowa.
Meet and Greet in Iowa City, Iowa.
Town Hall meeting in Flandrieu, Iowa.
Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

June 25th:
Opening of campaign office in Davenport, Iowa.
Meet and Greet in Ames, Iowa.
Email to all supporters, urging them to do whatever they can to help out.

June 26th:
Town Hall meeting in Waterloo, Iowa.
Strategy meeting in Waterloo, Iowa.
Speech on Education in Albert Lea, Iowa.
Meet and Greet in Rochester, Iowa.

Education is one of the most, if not the most, important issues of our time. With the new millenium coming up, we need to make sure that our kids are aware of the past one. We need to take steps to ensure that teachers can give the lessons that are needed without being constrained by long working hours and low pay, and that students have the proper resources to find the job they desire. President Clinton and President Gore have made strides in reforming education, and it shows. More people are attending college than ever before and standards are at their highest. But more needs to be done, especially with failing schools. As president, I would reach out to those schools and give them the funding they need so poorer kids have the same chances as richer kids.

June 27th:
Developing Campaign Outreach in Des Moines, Iowa.
Fundraising in Monticello, Iowa.
Town Hall meeting in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Rest.

June 28th:
Strategy Meeting in Ames, Iowa.
Speech on Unions in Webster City, Iowa.
Meeting with Governor Tom Vilsack, looking for endorsement.
Fly out to Delaware.

June 29th:
Meeting with Senator Joe Biden, looking for endorsement.
Supermarket photo op in Wilmington, Delware.
Rally in Greenwood, Delaware.

June 30th:
Meet and Greet in Bridgeville, Delaware.
Town Hall meeting in Felton, Delaware.
Fundraiser in Dover, Delaware.
Fly out to New Hampshire.

June 31st/1st July:

Rest with family.

Endorsements:

Former Congressman Dick Swett:

I've lived under Jeanne Shaheen during her time as governor, and let me tell you, New Hampshire propsered. We added thousands upon thousands of jobs while keeping the ones that were there, we made great strides in energy, and we did this without raising a single dime of taxes. I believe that Jeanne Sheen can bring the same power and efficiency to Washington.

Governor Roy Barnes:

While I've served with Jeanne Shaheen only briefly, in that short time, I could tell the wonders she was doing in New Hampshire. It's clear that she is the best candidate for the job of president, and that is why I'm endorsing her.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2015, 10:09:33 PM »

By the way the Donald gave me an idea, interviews! Max is 2 per turn so around six questions!

Donald Trump Interview Questions:

What is your stance on illegal immigration?
What is your stance on abortion, are you still pro-choice?
Why do you believe you're qualified to be the next president of the United States?
How will your experience as a CEO help in your presidential campaign?
Do you support the legalization of same sex marriage?
What is your stance on NAFTA?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies