Path to Citizenship
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:34:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Path to Citizenship
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Path to Citizenship  (Read 722 times)
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 27, 2015, 01:15:43 AM »

I would grant amnesty for all immigrants who entered our country prior to Jan.1, 2012 and continue this pattern every four years as long as they have resided here continuously, admit to coming here illegally, and pay back taxes. We would still keep it illegal to hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants with the exception of seasonal agricultural immigrants. Employers would still be required to attest to their employee's immigration status. In order to become a citizen without the four year period would be similar to how things already are; showing a knowledge of U.S. history, government, and proficiency in the English language.  Many try to get around this which is somewhat understandable so that is why I propose to simply give them legal status every four years.  Costs of my idea would be shared between the federal government and states.  Immigration is part of our life's blood and immigrants should be valued as much today as the descendants of the Mayflower.  However, crimes committed by illegal immigrants will not be tolerated and will result in deportation if within their four year period unless they have already taken the path of legal citizenship. Let's open our borders with a path to citizenship.  Citizenship obviously remains a requirement for voting.  What we need to start doing is requiring bio-metric fingerprinting at all poll booths to ensure legality. At this time, making English our official language is arbitrary.  Many of these policies aren't much different, but the INS is ineffective and their functions on immigration should be replaced with these.  Basically, I'm proposing an easier and more efficient path to citizenship for our foreign friends who wish to come here and live a better life.

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:46:58 PM »

All I would change is securing the border with the military. Then, immigrants would walk up, express their intent to become a United States citizen. Then after a background check and psych evaluation, they would be allowed to enter the nation to take the citizenship test, or if they fail the tests, sent back. Keep in mind, that only if a tendency for violence or terrorist tendencies show up in either test will they fail.
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »

Thanks for your input!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 03:56:23 PM »

You're welcome! Wait, your not not being sarcastic, are you?
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 09:39:26 PM »

No but other people on here have trouble understanding context I've noticed. Sometimes I think most Democrats on here have autism and can't function in normal human interaction. You my friend have made great input though for which I am thankful.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 11:12:34 PM »

You haven't been banned yet?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length