Can TRUMP get 40% supports of Hispanics when General Election? Yes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:09:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can TRUMP get 40% supports of Hispanics when General Election? Yes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can TRUMP get 40% supports of Hispanics when General Election? Yes  (Read 1782 times)
StatesPoll
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 29, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »
« edited: December 29, 2015, 02:29:26 PM by - StatesPoll.com - »

PPP poll(Dec,16-17th 2015) Public Policy Polling national poll.

http://http://www.scribd.com/doc/293784795/Public-Policy-Polling-national-poll
Look at the page 44 of the Link.

※ Consider about ‘Not sure’ = most of them won’t vote When the election day. Then  the covertion is something like it.

Hispanic Supports Number  ->     Actual Number(Convertion)
TRUMP                       31%                     ->       40.25% = 31/(31+46)
Sanders                    46%                     ->       59.74% = 46/(31+46)
Not sure                    23%

It proves,  TRUMP can get 40% support in General election day from the Hispanics.
Actually TRUMP is doing better than Rubio. I mean popularity of The Hispanic.
Rubio got only 22% Hispanics Supports when vs Sanders.
(With convertion 22/(22+43) = 33.84%).

It is not a 'Mission impossible' for TRUMP to get 40% supports from the Hispanics when General Election Day.

Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 02:28:02 PM »

Why are you keeping writing Trump in capital letters? Very irritating.
So I guess you are not a credible source for polls analysis...
mds32
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »

A lot of what he has posted on here so far can't stand up to data.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 03:03:22 PM »

Yeah, biggest evidence of a Trump troll/sock yet...

NEW HAMPSHIRE!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »

I am not sure about credibility of his sources, but I think we should consider the following.

Trump appeals to the low educated working class. That appeal is not limited to white Protestants. Most other working class voters will find Trump appealing and that includes Hispanics. That is why I consider predictions that he will get lower percentage than Romney unfounded. Hispanics are mostly economy oriented and they hated Romney for his 47% statement, not for his position on immigration.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 04:27:33 PM »

I am not sure about credibility of his sources, but I think we should consider the following.

Trump appeals to the low educated working class. That appeal is not limited to white Protestants. Most other working class voters will find Trump appealing and that includes Hispanics. That is why I consider predictions that he will get lower percentage than Romney unfounded. Hispanics are mostly economy oriented and they hated Romney for his 47% statement, not for his position on immigration.

I don't think it is fair to say Hispanics hated him just for the 47% and not the self-deport stuff. Both definitely affected him. Hell, the RNC themselves even said immigration support has become sort of a litmus test for candidates and while it isn't a primary concern for most Hispanics, when politicians rail against 'amnesty' and all that, it makes them feel as if they are not wanted.

In regards to the other poster & as for Trump getting close to 40% of the Hispanic vote. Please. I get some people like Trump and feel like he can win, but that is no reason to indulge fantasies. Is it possible? Sure. Lots of things are possible. Is it likely? Hell no. Everything he has done so far has been a slap in the face to many Hispanics in one way or another and he would have to get down on his knees and do some major ass kissing to bring his numbers back up.

I just think it's completely ridiculous to think he can get 40% without doing anything to repair the damage he has done already.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 04:34:44 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2015, 04:37:11 PM by Torie »

Tell me what Trump is, or will be doing, for Hispanics. What? Yes, I know, making America great again, with a chicken in every pot, by sticking it to the Chinese and Mexicans (except for the ones who vote here in the US, who won't mind if say, their parents are deported).   Everybody loves Trump (except Muslims and Torie and a few other oddballs). Even Putin! Sorry I asked.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »

I don't think it is fair to say Hispanics hated him just for the 47% and not the self-deport stuff. Both definitely affected him. Hell, the RNC themselves even said immigration support has become sort of a litmus test for candidates and while it isn't a primary concern for most Hispanics, when politicians rail against 'amnesty' and all that, it makes them feel as if they are not wanted.

In regards to the other poster & as for Trump getting close to 40% of the Hispanic vote. Please. I get some people like Trump and feel like he can win, but that is no reason to indulge fantasies. Is it possible? Sure. Lots of things are possible. Is it likely? Hell no. Everything he has done so far has been a slap in the face to many Hispanics in one way or another and he would have to get down on his knees and do some major ass kissing to bring his numbers back up.

I just think it's completely ridiculous to think he can get 40% without doing anything to repair the damage he has done already.

What you are saying is conventional wisdom and conventional campaigning. But conventional wisdom does not apply to Trump.

He is anti illegal aliens and anti illegal aliens criminals, but he is pro American citizens and wants to implement policies that will create better paying jobs. That's the primary concern for all working class Americans regardless of their race/ethnicity.

Trump will stay strong and will not pander and he will get a fair chunk of the Hispanic vote, probably around 35%.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 04:38:02 PM »

Tell me what Trump is, or will be doing, for Hispanics? Yes, I know, making America great again, with a chicken in every pot, by sticking it to the Chinese and Mexicans (except for the ones who vote here in the US, who won't mind if say, their parents are deported).   Everybody loves Trump (except Muslims and Torie and a few other oddballs). Even Putin! Sorry I asked.

I love you, Torie!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »

What you are saying is conventional wisdom and conventional campaigning. But conventional wisdom does not apply to Trump.

I do honestly mean no offense by this, but the 'conventional wisdom does not apply to Trump' idea seems to be the most popular excuse of late for supporters to justify all sorts of crazy scenarios or perceived advantages.

He probably will continue to defy conventional political wisdom with respect to certain things - Such as his gaffe-armor with certain Republican groups, but not everything or everyone.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 05:06:18 PM »

On track to another 70/30 election.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »

He might be able to get above 30% but not by much.

StatesPoll
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 01:19:22 AM »

※ Consider about ‘Not sure’ = most of them won’t vote When the election day. Then  the covertion is something like it.

Hispanic Supports Number  ->     Actual Number(Convertion)
TRUMP                       24%                     ->       31.57% = 24/(24+52)
Hillary                        52%                     ->       68.42% = 24/(24+52)
Not sure                    24%

StatesPoll
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 09:49:19 AM »

Seems you are Christie's supporter. I ask you, if christie becomes nominated. how much he can get % from the hispanics? give me some answer.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »

Hillary is going to end up with a lower share of the white male vote than McGovern and Mondale.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »

Seems you are Christie's supporter. I ask you, if christie becomes nominated. how much he can get % from the hispanics? give me some answer.
You did not answer my question. Why should we believe you (a clear Trump hack) and your analysis?

However, I'll try to answer your question. In 2012, Romney got 27% of Hispanic vote. I think Christie'd get more than that, expecially with Rubio as running mate (Rubio would be the best and easy choice for Christie and for all other GOP contenders). Obviously not 40%. And expecially I think he'd get more than Trump.
StatesPoll
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 02:27:04 AM »

There is about 30% Conservative Hispanics. And also about around 20% Moderate Hispanic. Getting 40% supports from the Hisapnics is attainable goal for the TRUMP.
StatesPoll
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 02:46:03 AM »

[/quote]
You did not answer my question. Why should we believe you (a clear Trump hack) and your analysis?

However, I'll try to answer your question. In 2012, Romney got 27% of Hispanic vote. I think Christie'd get more than that, expecially with Rubio as running mate (Rubio would be the best and easy choice for Christie and for all other GOP contenders). Obviously not 40%. And expecially I think he'd get more than Trump.
[/quote]

I don't think Christie/Rubio is possible. Because both of immigration policy is totally different.

1. Christie:  Remove birthright citizenship. Reinforce&secure border. (about immigration He is strong as TRUMP)

2. Rubio : I want to give green card to 11million+ illegal alien

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 10:51:42 AM »

He can't really give you an answer. He can fire off very, very generic poll numbers, but the basis of his argument relies on ignoring basically everything Trump has done and said. Some people think that because Trump has major gaffe-armor among core Republican voters that he also has it among Hispanics, which is a laughable idea at best.

It's like saying, "after they wipe my spit off of their face, they will rush to the polls to vote for me because they know I'll make America great again".
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »

Dude, you didn't answer my question. Roll Eyes
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 11:18:17 AM »

Impossible to answer. But he likely won't get anywhere close to 40%.

He for sure pisses off many Hispanics with his anti-Mexican talk, but there could also be a segment among Hispanics that is attracted by his anti-immigrant talk. Let's remember that the far-right FPÖ for example got about 25% of the immigrants in the Vienna state election in October. Many immigrants just don't like more immigrants coming into the country, or they are afraid the new immigrants could take their jobs. So Trump might lose some Hispanics and gain a few others. In the end, the Dem. candidate will still win 2/3 of them or more.
StatesPoll
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2015, 02:35:37 PM by - StatesPoll.com - »

Because he is the front runner. if christie becomes front runner, I'd promise to write his family name as 'CHRISTIE'
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »

Sure, if Sanders wins the primary, and puts no effort into further campaigning or getting out the vote, Trump can possibly get 40% of Hispanics.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »

Perhaps this would happen if he were running unopposed a la Monroe 1820. I think about 40% of Latinos wouldn't vote for a write-in if that were to happen, although this is generous to Trump.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »

I think 33-35% might be possible, if he states over and over again that he's anti-illegal immigration but pro-legal-immigration.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies