KY Gov. Matt Bevin to Overhaul Medicaid and Scrap Kynect (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  KY Gov. Matt Bevin to Overhaul Medicaid and Scrap Kynect (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY Gov. Matt Bevin to Overhaul Medicaid and Scrap Kynect  (Read 4983 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: December 31, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »

Won't this require the Legislature?

I believe the state house is almost purged of its Democratic majority due to a few appointments by Bevin and a party switch here or there. I don't have the exact numbers, but assuming the vacancies are filled by Republicans, then they only need to get rid of 2 more Democratic Reps to obtain a slim majority. After that, the evisceration of Kynect will begin in earnest.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 09:30:58 PM »

You can blame them for electing Bevin by proxy due to them not voting, but for the vast majority, you can't say "well this is what you get for voting for Bevin", because they didn't vote at all.

That's a fair point. I think WP even did a piece on this not that long ago. But I must argue that surely some of them voted, and even more so, people not dependent on that program will definitely know people who are and when Bevin brings the rain, I wouldn't doubt that sympathy for those people transforms into disapproval of Bevin.

I will also take this time to voice my disgust with Matt Bevin. As far as I know, he promised to release his tax forms then flat out refused after getting elected (?), and then he goes and reverses the restoration of voting rights for felons that the previous Governor enacted, despite saying he supports the idea. Such a generic cop out - Say one thing, do another. The state gives him the power to do it, and he defers to a legislature that he knows will not act on it. No surprise a Republican took away voting rights from people. It's only been a staple of their strategy for decades now. This guy is a hack.

Just seeing a Governor's face/picture has never annoyed me as much as Bevin has.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »

Just to put this thread back on track:

But even after all of the changes, KY will still be part of the expanded Medicaid program, just using a different form via waivers (like IN, MT, AR, IA, NH and MI).   The number of states not expanding Medicaid under ACA is down to 20, once Obama is out of office (and once Hillary is probably elected), I think they will slowly but surely take the money.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amidst the wailing, this is the key story that everyone seems to have forgotten. 

I don't understand - I thought the states had to adopt the expansion because after 2019 or so (?), they had to help pay for more of it, while right now they don't. How can the people get the benefits without the state adopting it? Every media outlet that reports on this issue at one point or another mentions the large numbers of people who can't get coverage due to the state not adopting it, but if what you guys are saying is true, then really everyone is wrong and misstating the issue.

I don't know much about this, so I'm just wondering why states have done anything regarding this if more people can already get the coverage regardless.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2016, 12:18:14 AM by Virginia »

excellent. cut the drug of government welfare before the dependency is irremovable.

"Let them die!!!" is pretty much what you are saying.

No, no noo. He's saying that instead of social programs, write them a prescription for bootstraps.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies