Islamo-Fascist Erdogan exposed once more: "Nazi-Germany's system was effective."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:26:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamo-Fascist Erdogan exposed once more: "Nazi-Germany's system was effective."
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Islamo-Fascist Erdogan exposed once more: "Nazi-Germany's system was effective."  (Read 793 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2016, 01:43:38 AM »

Erdogan cites Hitler's Germany as effective executive presidency

Amid a push for increased executive powers, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan cited the political system under German dictator Adolf Hitler after being questioned whether a "unitary state" could exist with his ambitions of an executive-style presidential system.

"In a unitary system [such as Turkey's] a presidential system can work perfectly," Erdogan told reporters on Thursday after returning from a trip to Saudi Arabia, according to Turkish media.

"There are already examples in the world. You can see it when you look at Hitler's Germany," he added.

Erdogan has pushed for Turkey's 1980 Constitution - which was written after a military coup the same year - to be changed, in order to transform the president's office from a largely ceremonial role to that of a chief executive, similar to systems in the US, France and Russia.

The president's critics believe his ambitions could give far-reaching powers to a man who has displayed increasingly authoritarian attributes.

http://www.dw.com/en/erdogan-cites-hitlers-germany-as-effective-executive-presidency/a-18954675

And then he went on to talk about the "cleansing" in the Kurdish areas ...
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 03:50:34 AM »

I don't get why people think the system Germany was operating under was sustainable.

Were it not for the war breaking out when it did, Germany's economy would have run itself into the ground and then straight to hell.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:25:30 AM »

It's been time for him to go for a long time...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 06:30:20 AM »

I'm pretty sure he's either gone senile prematurely (he was always a petulant dick, but he's been especially deranged and self-defeating nowadays) or he just really wants to make a pass at the MHP.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 06:59:20 AM »

He does like to play leader to the wider Muslim world sometimes, maybe this plays into that?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:13:14 AM »

I'm pretty sure he's either gone senile prematurely (he was always a petulant dick, but he's been especially deranged and self-defeating nowadays) or he just really wants to make a pass at the MHP.

This is all further evidence for my brain tumour theory.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 11:20:14 AM »

I don't get why people think the system Germany was operating under was sustainable.

Were it not for the war breaking out when it did, Germany's economy would have run itself into the ground and then straight to hell.

Conveniently, this is where Erdogan will go too!
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 06:21:16 PM »

I don't really know what to say, as much as I hate Erdogan that comment have to have been taken out of context. No one is so clueless.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies