Office of Rep. NeverAgain (VICTORY!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:23:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Rep. NeverAgain (VICTORY!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Office of Rep. NeverAgain (VICTORY!)  (Read 3981 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »
« edited: March 21, 2016, 12:22:48 PM by Governor NeverAgain »

Statement Addressing the Dearborn Violence

Ladies + Gentlemen,

I'm only going talk to you for a minute or so because I have received some very sad news for you all, and I think sad news for our fellow citizens and for those who strive for peace all over this world; and that is that an armed militia has just been in a gunfight and have killed a number of officers in Dearborn, Michigan.

These Officers have given their lives to preserving life and justice against their fellow human beings in this difficult day, in this difficult time in Atlasia, it's perhaps well to ask what kind of a nation we are and what direction we want to move in. For those of you who are Muslim -- considering the evidence evidently is that there were Christians that ignited it -- you can be filled with bitterness, and with hatred, and a desire for revenge.

We can move in that direction as a country, in greater polarization -- Muslim amongst Muslims, and Christians amongst Christians, filled with hatred toward one another. Or we can make an effort, as these officers did, to understand, and to comprehend, and replace that violence, that stain of bloodshed that has spread across our land, with an effort to understand, compassion, and bring peace.

For those of you who are Muslims and are tempted to fill with -- be filled with hatred and mistrust of the injustice of such an act, against all Christians, I would only say that I can also feel in my own heart the same kind of feeling; the idea that we must fight these bigots that do seek to understand, but only to hate. But fighting isn't our way, it isn't the Atlasian way.

We have to make an effort in Atlasia. We have to make an effort to understand, to get beyond, or else we can never be entitled to any difference than those who make websites to ban religion or those who kill officers in cold blood. Instead let us dedicate ourselves to tame the savageness of man to make gentle the life of this world, and say a prayer for our country and for our people.

Thank you very much.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »

You will have the Pacific's utmost support in keeping your region safe from terror, whatever that may mean.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »

Governor, what are your plans regarding Dearborn?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2016, 05:26:46 PM »

Governor, what are your plans regarding Dearborn?

I have spoken with the President on planning, with federal assistance, a full-scale invasion and retaking of Dearborn along with aiding and assisting those that have been affected by these attacks.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 11:41:27 PM »

The Twilight Of The Mideast: Re-Election

Thank you! Oh, thank you all! Thank you so very, very much.

It is wonderful to be here with all of you.

To be here in this great region with so many friends and family including all of you who have given me the privilege of serving you the last four months is a distinct honor.

Well, today I'd like to ask you, the people of the Mighty Mideast, for another four more great months.

Four months ago we were experiencing mass unemployment rates, old buildings uninhabitable, and the threat of terror at home. The latter of which we so tragically experienced last month.

During the atrocious Dearborn attacks so many were lost, and as I made the calls to the mothers and fathers of those that lost their sons and daughters, trapped inside the city or those that were fighting against the extremists on the ground. I heard the weeping and the tears of those that knew never get their child back. They pleaded with me, please never let this happen again. And so I contacted President Griffin who sent Federal forces to aid the men and women of the Mideast and freed the people of Dearborn.

The words from those mothers and fathers, ringing in my ears: "Never again can this happen". As you know we joined with the Great Assembly of the Mideast, we proposed and passed emergency legislation to not only provide security to all of the Mideast but also to reach out to those feeling discouraged by our society and culture and bring them back into this great region.

Now I want you all to imagine our beloved region under the leadership you've seen, where we'll be four months from now. I imagine a smooth transition and simple straightforward integration to build on the principles of mutual respect, uncompromising honesty, and faith in the fundamentals of our democracy founded in the people those principals we hold so dear. In the next four months, that image can become a reality. But first it needs you, the people, to stand with me and commit for these principles and ideas for the next four months.

Thank you, and God Bless Atlasia.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »

Endorsed for Re-Election
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2016, 08:59:03 AM »

Thanks Mr. Counselor!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »

ENDORSED!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 03:14:07 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 03:18:00 PM by Governor NeverAgain »

We Did It! Now We Must Do It Again!

Governor NeverAgain Celebrating The Victory!

Today marks a momentous occasion for me and this great region! We have fought for progressive values, fought for the rights of every man or woman, and fought for the sanctity of our new constitution. And we have won!

I am so proud of the accomplishments that we made in the Mideast and I so look forward to those that we will make in the drafting of the new Southern Constitution.

But there are still worries in Atlasia. Currently, we have an unemployment crisis coupled with the fact that some jobs that pay their workers starvation wages. This must end! I want no man, woman or child to live fearing that if they don't get their next paycheck, their family will go hungry. That is not the Atlasian Dream I was brought up to believe in.

But together, we can and we will fix the problems facing Atlasia. So when you go to the polls this weekend, you can be part the progress that we can make for our Nation.

Thank you, and God Bless Atlasia!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »

NeverAgain's Congressional Platform

I may be a bit late to the party, but here are some issues I wanted to address about what I stand for and what I promise you I will do for our Nation within my first few months (barring any obstructionism).

Economics, Foreign Affairs, and Budgeting
  • $10.10 Minimum Wage with indexing for inflation
  • Reduct Troops Levels in Afghanistan to 30,000 by 2019 and aim for full withdrawl by 2027
  • Cut Funding For Joint Strike Program by 33%
  • Reduct Foreign Military Spending to Saudi Arabia, Israel, and any hostile Middle Eastern or African Nation
  • Enact New Jobs Bill and Create a National Infrastructure Bank with increased transportation funding
  • Increase Funding for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) by 25%
  • Raise Retirement Age to 68 by 2026, but keep Early Retirement at 62
  • Institute a Minimum Benefit that would allow parents to claim credit for raising children under 5, also it would change benefit caluculations so that workers with 30 years of earnings at the minimum retirement benefit of 125% of the federal poverty level
  • Establish a Public Option in the Health Care exchanges
  • Repeal Individual Mandate fine
  • Enact extensive Medical Malpractice Reform
  • Require Drug Manufacturers to pay a Minimum Drug Rebate for Medicare Low Income Beneficiaries
  • Bundle Payments for Inpatient and Post Acute Care
  • Increase Excise Taxes for Alcohol and Tobacco
  • Impose a Wall St. Financial Responsibility Fee
  • Increase Gas Tax by 10 cents per gallon and index for inflation
  • Enact a "Cap and Trade" program
  • Raise Social Security Cap to cover earnings <$139,999
  • Universal Pre-K for families earning <$100K and subsidies for those making over 100K
  • Cut all Oil and Gas "exploration" subsidies and funding
  • Create 10 Income Tax Brackets (5% to 45%)

Domestic Policy
  • Support for DREAMERS and a full pathway to citizenship with encouragement to come out of the shadows
  • Ban all people on the no-fly list from purchasing any weapon or firearm
  • Encourage gun manufacturers to add fingerprinting to use a firearm
  • Force all firearms to be in a locked container when not in use
  • Require all government phonetapping or domestic surveilence of any kind to hve a proper federal warrant issued by a federal judge
  • Allow any tax paying immigrant to instate tuition rate and the ability to purchase healthcare
  • Legalize Marijuana for 0.8 oz a month, tax at a per 0.1 oz rate
  • Decriminalize all currently illegal drugs with a focus on rehabiliation and fixing substance abuse
  • Reteroactively free all non-violent offenders currently serving
  • Abolish the Death Penalty
  • Abolish Life Sentences without the possibility of parole
  • Re-evaluate the Criminal Justice system and significantly reform it
  • Decriminalize Prostitution with a focus on rehabilitation for sex workers
  • To continue to focus on disease prevention, healthcare quality, and disease awareness
  • Focus on the rights of the differently abled and special needs

Social Issues:
  • Continue to fight for LGBT Equality
  • Support Legal Choice until the 3rd trimester (Enforce Roe v. ZuWo)
  • Legal Euthanasia for patients with zero percent chance of recovery and after a sound mental state status check
  • Health Insurance providers are required to provide free birth control
  • Allow women to serve with men in combat roles
  • Fight to continue funding Planned Parenthood

Environmentalism, Education, and Science
  • Reform/Audit K-12 Education to add funding for Educators and Special Ed Programs, anaylse and address waste and fraud
  • Continue and expand tax credits and subsidies for the solar + wind industries
  • Discourage offshore drilling and institute a oilspill fine
  • Encourage clean natural gas research, but pass restrictions on fracking and attempt to find more environmentally friendly natural gas extraction
  • Increase environmentally friendly protections on the coal industry and safety regulations for coal workers
  • Reteroactively reduce student loans to zero by 2020
  • End all student loan interest instantly
  • Support National Standards Testing, but focus on teaching to the student. End basing funding on test scores
  • Attempt to put a manned mission on Mars by 2022, but evaluate costs annually
  • \Expand technology in schools, iPads for all students also create a 3D Printing class for all high schools
  • End High Stakes testing
  • Expand the School Breakfast + Lunch program to weekend meals for low income students
  • Create and expand free afterschool tutoring programs
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 05:19:18 PM »

I found some things that we can work together on specifically on Education Policy and decreasing foreign aid.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »

I found some things that we can work together on specifically on Education Policy and decreasing foreign aid.
Awesome, I look forward to passing them!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »

Statement on The Orlando Massacre

First, I want to thank and echo the words of my colleague and friend, Senator Tmthforu. Today marks the largest terror attack in our nation since 9/11 and the largest mass-shooting this nation has ever seen. It is terror and it is hate in it's truest and most evil form. I speak to you as a gay man myself who feels the tremendous atrocity committed on our community. But this isn't only an affront to the LGBT community, it as an affront to who we are as Atlasians and the civil rights we hold dearest and closest to our hearts.

I know many of you are angry, as I am. But anger is not the solution, it is not the Atlasian way. On this day, we must choose to join our brothers and sisters in this nation and fight against radicalism of all kinds, but most of all fight to preserve the human dignity that is our god-given-right.

We must also look at the injustice placed on the LGBT community in the fact that we cannot donate blood because of our sexual orientation. That is why coupled with a bill to address safety for all Atlasians + pushing to reform our current gun purchasing system, I will propose new legislation to protect the civil rights of all Atlasians, gay or straight, black or white, and yes Muslim or Christian.

I pray for the families of the victims tonight, but I know we will find those responsible in every way possible and end these injustices once and for all.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2016, 09:00:57 AM by Labor Whip and Representative NeverAgain »

The Push Forward: My Fight For The Rights Of All Southerners

Good evening my fellow Atlasians. Tonight I'd like to first tell you a little story, I want to tell you tonight about The Atlasian Dream we share its powerful history,its current condition, and most importantly, its urgent need for rebuilding. Just over a decade ago great members came together to create the First Constitution of this nation. Today we face one of the greatest challenges our great country has ever seen - how we are to do the construction and enactment of this new legislation.

Now this isn't going to be easy, but I know that if we come together as Southerners and Atlasians we can accomplish this great task for the future. But we need leaders to help find solutions to these challenges. No greater a leader is the executor who will make the decisions for their region on how best to solve these tremendous problems. I believe that with my executive experience as Governor, my legislative work as Assemblyman, and my experience as a ConCon delegate who helped draft our new Constitution, I have the necessary qualifications to solve the problems of our great region.

Now, I have been working across the political spectrum with members of our regional committee, which I am a member of, to draft what will become our new regional constitution which will guide the South to its new days. In doing this I have realized that we must have a leader who understands these problems first hand and knows what we can and what we must do about them. I believe I am that leader.

I also believe that in these times, we cannot turn to radicalism at this time especially after the terrible atrocities to the LGBT community that occurred early Sunday morning. Which is why if elected I will on my first-day propose, to a hopefully full Assembly, my plan for LGBT equality, ways to keep Southerners safe, but most of all finally pass common sense gun legislation to follow the right to bear arms, but do so safely with assurances that those with weapons are using them for good and not evil.

I believe we can and we will start this fight and I encourage all of you, be you Labor, Federalist, or anything in between, to pick up the torch of this cause for working families of the South and Atlasia.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2016, 10:00:44 PM »

I notice that we are opponents for this office. Good luck and here's to a good campaign cycle.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 10:07:39 PM »

I notice that we are opponents for this office. Good luck and here's to a good campaign cycle.

Agreed, a good campaign to you sir!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 10:12:10 PM »

ENDORSED!

In all my time in Atlasia, I have rarely had the honor to work with a public servant as conscientious and indefatigable as Representative NeverAgain. Six months ago, after an alarming report was released by the Game Moderator's office stating that the Mideast was on the verge of collapse, I contacted NeverAgain asking for his support for a last-ditch campaign to put the Region back on its feet. There was no glory in the job I was asking him to do - there are no prizes for keeping alive a Region that everyone else has given up on. Yet NeverAgain took up the spade as if he were running for a gold medal in the Olympics. Few freshman governors can claim to have worked as hard as he did, against such great odds and in spite of such formidable obstacles. This is a man who has character and determination enough for three congressmen. I say of him what Abraham Lincoln said of Ulysses S. Grant 154 years ago: "We can't spare this man - he fights!"
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 11:25:19 PM »

Endorsed! You'll make a great Governor for the South.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 04:25:56 AM »

Endorsed- you have the experience that the South needs
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »

ENDORSED!

In all my time in Atlasia, I have rarely had the honor to work with a public servant as conscientious and indefatigable as Representative NeverAgain. Six months ago, after an alarming report was released by the Game Moderator's office stating that the Mideast was on the verge of collapse, I contacted NeverAgain asking for his support for a last-ditch campaign to put the Region back on its feet. There was no glory in the job I was asking him to do - there are no prizes for keeping alive a Region that everyone else has given up on. Yet NeverAgain took up the spade as if he were running for a gold medal in the Olympics. Few freshman governors can claim to have worked as hard as he did, against such great odds and in spite of such formidable obstacles. This is a man who has character and determination enough for three congressmen. I say of him what Abraham Lincoln said of Ulysses S. Grant 154 years ago: "We can't spare this man - he fights!"

Thank you, Mr. Senator for your very kind words. It is an honor to have you on board.

Endorsed! You'll make a great Governor for the South.

Thank you Ms. Committeewoman, I hope to do just that.

Endorsed- you have the experience that the South needs

Thank you Senator, I believe so also.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2016, 12:53:46 PM »

Concession -

I'd like to first congratulate my opponent, Fmr. Senator PiT, on his victory. I felt it was a hard-fought campaign of which we both showed our abilities. One thing e did was prove that even in the South, if you push for even the most liberal ideas, honesty and integrity will still win out.

By my count the vote was 54-46, a definitely close election. We showed our Federalist neighbors here in the South that they better be ready, because we are organized, primed, and set to not only take back the Governor's mansion and our Assembly. But we are prepared to turn our great region purple, or something that is a mix of orange and maroon.

Anyways, I want to thank all of those that have supported me and I look forward to seeing Mr. PiT keep his word in office.

Thank you, and God Bless Atlasia.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2016, 04:39:12 AM »

Rep. NeverAgain Is Running For Re-Election

Rep. NeverAgain listens and answers constitutents' questions

Good Evening Everyone. I wanted to share my plans and ideas with you all after my business away. And I want to confirm my strong commitment to the Congress and the people I serve.

Today in Atlasia we are struggling. Plain and simple. Wages have stagnated for working families, even though Americans are working harder than at any point in our history! Women in the workforce are not getting paid the same as their male counterparts, and we still have millions and millions of Atlasians lacking affordable health and child care. But this isn't to say that there is not hope. We have already achieved a great stride in rights for LGBTQ+ Americans with bipartisan legislation which solidifies the rights of the LGBTQ+ community to be the same as everyone. I was very proud to co-sponsor this inspiring piece of legislation.

We also have had a major victory with the passage of the amendment to fully ban capital punishment. I strongly pushed for the passage of this bill to end the injustice of the government taking the life of a citizen. We also have established the Congressional Committee on Criminal Justice Reform, on which I chair and intend to continue the fight to reform our broken criminal justice system.

We also have set up other great new congressional committees that I intend to, if given the chance, continue and help prosper. I have numerous plans to help protect the right to safely bear arms responsibly and work on the budget to help pass tax reform to help small businesses prosper.
We must also pass Senator Blair's plan to raise the minimum wage and I will fight for this piece of legislation with the final goal of a living $15 wage, though I do understand the need more compromise.

If given the chance to serve another term as the People of Atlasia's Representative, I will establish a direct line from the people to my office. I will address any and all concerns that you, the people, have. Anything from your concerns about my plans to what just happened in last night's baseball game, feel free to contact me with your ideas of how to make Atlasia a better and brighter place.

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »

You have remained one of the most active members of the house, Endorsed
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: