Christie likes loyalty-would he pick Rubio as his VP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:25:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Christie likes loyalty-would he pick Rubio as his VP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christie likes loyalty-would he pick Rubio as his VP?  (Read 771 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 04, 2016, 11:28:11 PM »

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) prides on loyalty. If Christie somehow wins the presidential nomination, would he really pick Rubio, a man whom he's criticized over the past month? Won't that back and forth attacks be something that would distance the two if they were on a ticket?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/christie-knocks-rubio-s-voting-record-second-day-n488156

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/chris-christie-marco-rubio-attack-217057
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 11:31:24 PM »

Christie knows how to play the game. He's also a crook, and a power-hungry, vindictive crook at that. He's not going to pick an ambitious son of a bitch like Rubs to be his running mate; he'll spend the next four to eight years constantly looking over his shoulder, waiting for the knife to sink into his fat, fleshy back. Christie's gonna pick someone weak and low energy, who he can run roughshod over.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:35:28 PM »

In the extremely unlikely event that Christie wins the nomination, no, he will not pick Rubio for VP.

Besides, I doubt very much Rubio would even accept.

Rubio is too smart to run on a ticket with a disreputable politician like Christie.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 11:41:19 PM »

Christie knows how to play the game. He's also a crook, and a power-hungry, vindictive crook at that. He's not going to pick an ambitious son of a bitch like Rubs to be his running mate; he'll spend the next four to eight years constantly looking over his shoulder, waiting for the knife to sink into his fat, fleshy back. Christie's gonna pick someone weak and low energy, who he can run roughshod over.

Christie/Jeb 2016?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 11:43:44 PM »

Rubio would likely accept, if only to prevent a potential rival from rising.

Christie's a smart enough politician that he'd accept Rubio on the ticket if he's determined to be the best choice, especially since at that point Rubio will have likely spent months advocating for him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 11:52:26 PM »

Christie/Jeb 2016?

I was thinking Christie/Kasich, but I could see that.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »

I expect he will offer it to his BFF Susana Martinez first. If she rejects (which is fairly likely) he'll probably go to Rubio, if only for the sake of demographic appeal and ideological compatibility. Kasich is okay, but a ticket of two white dudes is something to avoid.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 06:36:27 AM »

I think he'll only offer it to him if he's desperate and sees it as his only chance of winning ala Palin in 2008.

I certainly can't see him giving him any real power though if they were to be elected. Definitely a more diminshed role than either Cheney or Biden.

As Lief says, it's very dangerous to have a man with that much brazen naked ambition standing right behind you.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 08:28:12 AM »

I doubt it. Christie would probably pick Fiorina for female/outsider appeal and because she is an intellectual lightweight who he wouldn't have to worry much about.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 10:42:07 AM »

XDDDD lmfao.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »

I doubt it. Christie would probably pick Fiorina for female/outsider appeal and because she is an intellectual lightweight who he wouldn't have to worry much about.

Nah, one of the things to do with a VP pick is do no damage. Fiorina is almost certainly going to cause damage.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »

Nah, one of the things to do with a VP pick is do no damage. Fiorina is almost certainly going to cause damage.

You're probably right, but that's not always initially obvious to the campaigns. Remember that Palin was considered a good pick before she opened her mouth.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »

I don't think Rubio or Bush are desperate enough to take the offer. Also, Rubio just attacked Christie today. I would assume that Christie would pick maybe Kasich, maybe even ask Scott Walker.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies