Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:28:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women  (Read 12256 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2016, 06:58:07 PM »

I, for one, am glad that these guys were dumped in Cologne and not Tallahassee.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »

I really, really, really hope Europeans will remember all this sh**t when going to the ballot boxes, and I'm not only talking about Cologne. Sick and tired of it.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2016, 09:53:23 AM by דודב »

Today in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf: In German town Weil am Rhein, near the Dutch border, two girls of 14 and 15 years old were raped by four Syrian asylum seekers -- one of them, Ahmad O., being a 14-year old (!) asylum seeker in the Netherlands. After being raped for an hour, the two girls liberated themselves and called the police.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2016, 10:08:15 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2016, 10:10:44 AM by Beezer »

Federal interior ministry says two thirds of suspects were asylum seekers. Numerous cell phones that had been stolen have now been located in refugee camps. Perps had pieces of paper on them with basic German sentences like "I want to fück you, I want to kiss you, big tits..."

http://www.bild.de/regional/koeln/sex-uebergriffe-silvesternacht/festnahmen-am-hbf-und-am-dom-44066130.bild.html

Not even Pegida's most outrageous claims come close to what's transpired in Cologne.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2016, 10:10:19 AM »

Reports indicate that relevant information regarding the origin of the assailants was initially withheld by police authorities as it was deemed politically problematic. Apparently a large number of aggressors were recent asylum seekers.
Similar cases of sexual assaults committed by what victims have described as clearly foreign individuals were reported in other German cities such as Hamburg and Stuttgart as well as in Zurich, though at a considerably smaller scale.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 04:02:01 PM »

Amazing. A few months ago, Wilders referred to them as "testosterone bombs". Even if there was generally not much love lost between me and the asylum seekers, I must say I thought this was a rather nasty accusation, aimed at stirring up people's fears for da brown peoplez having sex with "our" Dutch women. However, unfortunately, he was proven absolutely right on New Year's Eve and I am relatively surprised to learn this, even if he'd been right on many other issues in the past and even if I'd already been a witness of serious sexual harassment in the Arab world.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »

I think we have a pattern here:

Austrian Cops Accused Of ‘Covering Up’ New Year’s Sex Attacks

As the full extent of the New Year’s Eve migrant sex attacks in Germany begins to be exposed, it has emerged that a very similar series of assaults occurred in Austria, which the police allegedly deliberately tried to hide.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/08/sex-attack-in-austria-too-police-deliberately-tried-to-cover-them-up

Now read what I posted back in October (in red):

I'm sceptical of the idea that a large migration would undermine the welfare state. The welfare states of Europe subsidise the elderly, for the most part, not the sort of twenty-somethings that apparat to make up the bulk of this wave.

It's okay to be highly critical of it, that's a ideological choice you can make. Especially when you use the word migration. Because a Polish plumber give a surplus, a Indian IT worker also give one, a Nigerian doctor is a surplus too. A unskilled or semi-skilled don't give any surplus to any state with a functional welfare state, especially not if they're refugees. The Danish office of statistics keep an eye on both crime and employment rate of immigrant groups, and there the Muslim group with the highest employment rate (age 30-60) are Turks with 53,1 (versus a ethnic Danish rate of 82,3) refugees have a much lower employment rate with Somalians having a employment rate of 27,6 and Syrians the lowest one at 22,8 (and in these numbers new refugees are not counted).
Non-Muslim immigrants all have a higher employment rate.

Second generation have a significant under employment too, with Turks again scoring best with only 16,5 percent points under employement (age 20-39), while Libanese (Palestinians) score the worst with 41,2 under employment. As comparison Poles lies the lowest with 2,4 while among European immigrants British descendent score the worst with 11,3 under employement.

As criminality (all types from speeding to murder) Muslims overrepresented (even if we look at social economic status). From Bosniaks who score best at 118 (111) to Lebanese who score the worst at 308 (254). Of course a interesting aspect here is that among Muslims immigrants are more criminal than refugees (with the Lebanese and Somalians as the exceptions). It can best be seen at Pakistanian 202 (179) vs. Afghans 145 (123) or Yugoslavs 217 (192) vs. Bosniaks 118 (111).

As for EU immigrants they all score lower than native Danes 95 (98), which seem weird when East Europeans are overrepresented in Danish prisons, but this is because crime by these groups are mostly commited by visiting criminal not immigrants.

Phillipines, Indians and Chinese have the lowest rates of all at around 50 for all three groups.

Thanks for posting these statistics.

In Austria and Germany, authorities in recent years have moved to abolish the classification of crime or homicide statistics by citizenship.

Until about 10 years ago, the crime report would read "foreigners committed x% of murders" and "citizens committed x% of crime" and so on.

Now, they decided to just publish overall numbers on crime because breaking it down by foreigners/citizens is "too politically incorrect".

The last numbers available before the censorship showed that foreigners in Austria committed 30-40% of the murders, while only making up 10% of the population during the timespan.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2016, 11:43:32 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2016, 11:47:03 AM by Simfan34 »

Can someone from the other side provide an alternate point of view? It looks bad but this discussion is rather slanted. One woman on the BBC said we needed to view these as individual instances so maybe that's it...? Or is it, as CrabCake said, just the same old patriarchy?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

Can someone from the other side provide an alternate point of view? It looks bad but this discussion is rather slanted. One woman on the BBC said we needed to view these as individual instances so maybe that's it...? Or is it, as CrabCake said, just the same old patriarchy?

Dislocated bored young men in groups => never a great thing. (compare this to armies arriving in port cities and doing their dirty deeds; or indeed a particularly boorish group of male adolescents [that crude note earlier posted struck me as something that could be replicated by groups of thick male teens worldwide]) Perhaps a more equal gender ratio is something that should be strived for in refugee acceptance. It's not the Titanic - I don't think we need to revive the Birkenhead Drill for Syria or anything - but an unequal gender ratio can lead to some pretty messed up stuff, especially as these are typically teens and twentysomethings.

It's why I've increasingly come to think that Europe etc. should keep accepting migrants but process and fly them in from migrant camps, and announce that after a certain point these refugees will be favoured over those who "jump the queue". At least then you can control the ratios, focus on bringing families and the vulnerable, and - to quote the departed Mr Abbott - Stop teh Boats.

I still am curious as the extent organised crime has in all this as well. Not like it's a very sophisticated affair, but there does seem to be a certain amount of Fagins that have taken advantage of chaotic scenes to build little yob gangs.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2016, 01:03:18 PM »

Dislocated bored young men in groups => never a great thing. (compare this to armies arriving in port cities and doing their dirty deeds; or indeed a particularly boorish group of male adolescents [that crude note earlier posted struck me as something that could be replicated by groups of thick male teens worldwide]) Perhaps a more equal gender ratio is something that should be strived for in refugee acceptance. It's not the Titanic - I don't think we need to revive the Birkenhead Drill for Syria or anything - but an unequal gender ratio can lead to some pretty messed up stuff, especially as these are typically teens and twentysomethings.

It's why I've increasingly come to think that Europe etc. should keep accepting migrants but process and fly them in from migrant camps, and announce that after a certain point these refugees will be favoured over those who "jump the queue". At least then you can control the ratios, focus on bringing families and the vulnerable, and - to quote the departed Mr Abbott - Stop teh Boats.

I still am curious as the extent organised crime has in all this as well. Not like it's a very sophisticated affair, but there does seem to be a certain amount of Fagins that have taken advantage of chaotic scenes to build little yob gangs.
Good post.
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2016, 02:57:24 PM »

A managerial official of the Federal Police described the situation of the police officers during the operation at the Cologne Central Station as "chaotic and shameful". He cited too few staff and weaknesses in the equipment as two of the main problems.

The police of Cologne issued a press release on New Year's Day which was headlined "Ausgelassene Stimmung – Feiern weitgehend friedlich" ("Boisterous spirits – Parties mostly peaceful"). One day later, they finally put out a press release in which they reported on a series of attacks on women.

The chief constable of Cologne has been retired after severe criticism.

I wonder if a Pym Fortuyn type political leader will emerge out of this. Someone who might come from a socially liberal political stance but who fears that the ethnic cultural and religious transformation of Germany is not good for such social liberalism.
I hope so.

Today in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf: In German town Weil am Rhein, near the Dutch border, two girls of 14 and 15 years old were raped by four Syrian asylum seekers -- one of them, Ahmad O., being a 14-year old (!) asylum seeker in the Netherlands. After being raped for an hour, the two girls liberated themselves and called the police.
Weil am Rhein is actually not close to the Dutch border. It's located at the point where the borders of Germany, France and Switzerland meet.

Similar cases of sexual assaults committed by what victims have described as clearly foreign individuals were reported in other German cities such as Hamburg and Stuttgart as well as in Zurich, though at a considerably smaller scale.
You can add Frankfurt, Salzburg and Helsinki to that list.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2016, 03:11:28 PM »

Good post.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »

Weil am Rhein is actually not close to the Dutch border. It's located at the point where the borders of Germany, France and Switzerland meet.
I stand corrected. De Telegraaf mentioned that it was a border town, and since there was a young asylum seeker in the Netherlands involved, I thought it would be a village "am Rhein" close to the Dutch border.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2016, 02:34:44 PM »

Apparently, incidents like this happened twice at the main Stockholm youth festival, both 2014 and 2015. But the police hushed it down and withheld information about the frequency of sexual assault on young girls from immigrant gangs due to fears of helping the Sweden Democrats.

It sounds completely insane but since it's reported by our main newspaper which is additionally running a generally very pro-immigration agenda and they're citing highlevel police officials on the record with this information I don't know how it couldn't be true.

Whoever thought up this strategy to deal with the Sweden Democrats was truly idiotic.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »

Apparently, incidents like this happened twice at the main Stockholm youth festival, both 2014 and 2015. But the police hushed it down and withheld information about the frequency of sexual assault on young girls from immigrant gangs due to fears of helping the Sweden Democrats.

It sounds completely insane but since it's reported by our main newspaper which is additionally running a generally very pro-immigration agenda and they're citing highlevel police officials on the record with this information I don't know how it couldn't be true.

Whoever thought up this strategy to deal with the Sweden Democrats was truly idiotic.

Indeed. If you asked a far right politician to dream up a scandal bringing them victory, this is what what they would come up. All the elements are there. Newcomers doing terrible things, police downplaying evil, establishment cover up. The whole nine yards.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2016, 04:21:45 PM »

I agree that the police hushing it up seems insane, but honestly hushing down immigrant cases are not something new in Sweden. A good example was a African man and his child who was attacked in Malmö and almost thrown over a bridge (http://www.thelocal.se/20130910/50164), we became aware of the case in Denmark because his wife is Danish. I decided to follow the case in Swedish media, and it was developing into the media using as a case example of Swedish racism, ...and then it died. I found it weird that such a case would just die, so I began researching it a little, and the reason why it died, was because the "gang" who attacked the African was not Swedish right wing racist group but members of a local Kurdish family.

So I don't find it incredible that someone would try to hush these things up to not help the Sweden Democrats, the incredible thing is that it's the police who decides to play politics.

Of course I agree with you that it's incredible stupid, especially because people can usual read between the lines, when the press describe the crime. When I first read the link in the Local already before I found out it was a Kurdish family, I was fully able to guess that it wasn't pink Swedes. But the media suffer from some delusion that without them telling people something, they can't read between the lines and guess a whole lot of things about the criminals including whether they're part of the majority population or not.
rob in cal
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2016, 05:55:25 PM »

The coverups also lead to a troubling question of denying the truth to the electorate, and thus the electorate can't properly weigh all the facts when making election decisions.  A well informed electorate should be something to be striven for in all working democracies.
Omega21

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2016, 06:48:50 PM »

Indeed. If you asked a far right politician to dream up a scandal bringing them victory, this is what what they would come up. All the elements are there. Newcomers doing terrible things, police downplaying evil, establishment cover up. The whole nine yards.

Maybe that's a good thing. I would never think the Right would be better but maybe that's just what is needed, as Sweeden has already expirienced the negative effects of this.

Example video:
youtube.com/watch?v=9up0CLLPPpo

Example video of "well" integrated immigrants in Netherlands :

youtube.com/watch?v=8pky3WeM4tI (Convert to Islam or die)

Btw, im no xenophobe 50% of my country is muslim but they are VERY moderate mostly and even drink alchocol, so im not by any means saying the problem is in solely the religion, but if Sharia is followed by someone to the letter and if this individual refuses to be taught Western values, I'm afraid he should be denyied living in Europe.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2016, 08:32:06 PM »

Btw, im no xenophobe 50% of my country is muslim but they are VERY moderate mostly and even drink alchocol, so im not by any means saying the problem is in solely the religion, but if Sharia is followed by someone to the letter and if this individual refuses to be taught Western values, I'm afraid he should be denyied living in Europe.
Oh wow. Didn't even know that video, and I'm Dutch.

May I ask you in which country you live?
Omega21

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2016, 09:55:36 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2016, 10:46:25 PM by Omega21 »

Oh wow. Didn't even know that video, and I'm Dutch.

May I ask you in which country you live?

Sure man, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Thats just the beggining, just type in immigrants/multiculture Germany/Sweden/Netherlands/Belgium and I'm sure you will benefit from the "cultural enrichment"

When you have the time, here is a proper docummentary: youtube.com/watch?v=KVWAIKoatWM

Also another nice video from Germany: youtube.com/watch?v=zdCmgRDL_QU

I'm sorry to say but this has failed, Left lefties have failed miserably, and if this continues for a few more years Europe will never be the same again.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2016, 11:59:10 PM »

If you're an ideologue that genuinely believes that these stories getting out would lead to a backlash against minorities, this being one of the outcomes is completely unsurprising. Frankly, it's inevitable. This is the danger of identity politics. It gets in the way of being able to appropriately identify and solve issues because you value a superficial attribute of a group above the truth.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2016, 01:16:35 AM »

I agree that the police hushing it up seems insane, but honestly hushing down immigrant cases are not something new in Sweden. A good example was a African man and his child who was attacked in Malmö and almost thrown over a bridge (http://www.thelocal.se/20130910/50164), we became aware of the case in Denmark because his wife is Danish. I decided to follow the case in Swedish media, and it was developing into the media using as a case example of Swedish racism, ...and then it died. I found it weird that such a case would just die, so I began researching it a little, and the reason why it died, was because the "gang" who attacked the African was not Swedish right wing racist group but members of a local Kurdish family.

So I don't find it incredible that someone would try to hush these things up to not help the Sweden Democrats, the incredible thing is that it's the police who decides to play politics.

Of course I agree with you that it's incredible stupid, especially because people can usual read between the lines, when the press describe the crime. When I first read the link in the Local already before I found out it was a Kurdish family, I was fully able to guess that it wasn't pink Swedes. But the media suffer from some delusion that without them telling people something, they can't read between the lines and guess a whole lot of things about the criminals including whether they're part of the majority population or not.

So this poor Gambian man was nearly thrown off a bridge in a racist attack and the police hush it up because it doesn't play towards some ideological narrative of racist nativism? Are the police so uniformly biased in Sweden or something? Truly bizarre.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2016, 03:06:06 AM »

And so it begins:

Police: Cologne gangs attack foreigners

A group of Pakistanis and a Syrian national have been attacked in the German city of Cologne. The assaults follow dozens of reports of sexual assault on New Year's Eve, mostly by men of North African or Arab origin.

Cologne tabloid "Express" reported on Monday that a group of "bikers, hooligans and bouncers" had used Facebook to plan a "human hunt" to "clean up" Cologne's city center. Early on Monday, a police spokesperson was unable to confirm the reports.

http://www.dw.com/en/police-cologne-gangs-attack-foreigners/a-18970561

These are exactly the consequences and excesses of the reckless mass immigration that Mama Merkel caused and of which I tried to warn you about. But the naive left-leftists were too stupid and tried to neglect it. Now we have to deal with all this crap.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2016, 04:45:59 AM »

Sickening, i'm repulsed by the bigotry of the far-right but I really don't think those of us on the left can avoid this reality or try to rationalize it in any way if we really want to be intellectually honest.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2016, 04:52:47 AM »

So this poor Gambian man was nearly thrown off a bridge in a racist attack and the police hush it up because it doesn't play towards some ideological narrative of racist nativism? Are the police so uniformly biased in Sweden or something? Truly bizarre.

I'm sorry I was a little unclear, the police covering the case up, was in the case Gustaf mentioned. The police didn't cover the case with the Gambian victim up, which would also be close to impossible, because the perpetrators was caught, and at least one of them was convicted in 2015.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies