Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:54:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women  (Read 12366 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: January 05, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »

How horrific. Let's hope those responsible are swiftly found and dealt with, and those seeking asylum/migration are made to understand the vital importance of consent in modern German society. Although if it is Moroccans (rather than Syrians etc.) then it's a high chance these are second-generation migrants, which suggests something has gone disturbingly wrong with local integration in the area.

I do worry about Cologne though. Isn't it Koln where a mayoral candidate got stabbed by a nazi? And now they are apparently the epicentre of an organised rape gang? This could be a pretty ominous sign.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:40:40 AM »

There is something really weird about this story, and it's not just because i am your typical naive left-leftist - there's something very logistically strange bout the various different reports. I suppose as reports flesh in the stuff we don't know, we may see a more complete picture - like what relation these people have to migrants.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »

Well, as I said, they need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but in addition to that, they also need to be taught the meaning and value of consent, and if they're repeat offenders, need to face serious charges.

How about just not letting them in the country in the first place?

I thought conservatives were against cloistering oneself in a "self space" where you can ignore reality?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:38:38 PM »

People are being assaulted (sexually and otherwise) everywhere, in and out of our borders. The proper way to deal with it is through emphasis of individual rights (rather than assimilation into culture OR cultural relativist strands of multiculturalism) and attacking patriarchal attitudes within all societies to eradicate all institutionalised sexual violence, not hiding within the safe space of one's nation state's borders pretending everything is perfectly fine outside of them. Because that is just pushing problems down the line.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

Can someone from the other side provide an alternate point of view? It looks bad but this discussion is rather slanted. One woman on the BBC said we needed to view these as individual instances so maybe that's it...? Or is it, as CrabCake said, just the same old patriarchy?

Dislocated bored young men in groups => never a great thing. (compare this to armies arriving in port cities and doing their dirty deeds; or indeed a particularly boorish group of male adolescents [that crude note earlier posted struck me as something that could be replicated by groups of thick male teens worldwide]) Perhaps a more equal gender ratio is something that should be strived for in refugee acceptance. It's not the Titanic - I don't think we need to revive the Birkenhead Drill for Syria or anything - but an unequal gender ratio can lead to some pretty messed up stuff, especially as these are typically teens and twentysomethings.

It's why I've increasingly come to think that Europe etc. should keep accepting migrants but process and fly them in from migrant camps, and announce that after a certain point these refugees will be favoured over those who "jump the queue". At least then you can control the ratios, focus on bringing families and the vulnerable, and - to quote the departed Mr Abbott - Stop teh Boats.

I still am curious as the extent organised crime has in all this as well. Not like it's a very sophisticated affair, but there does seem to be a certain amount of Fagins that have taken advantage of chaotic scenes to build little yob gangs.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 08:29:04 PM »

Not sure, but considering who contributes to Metapedia, I wouldn't trust it...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies