Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:17:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cologne: Up to 1,000 men of Arab and North African origin sexually assault women  (Read 12382 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: January 09, 2016, 03:11:28 PM »

Dislocated bored young men in groups => never a great thing. (compare this to armies arriving in port cities and doing their dirty deeds; or indeed a particularly boorish group of male adolescents [that crude note earlier posted struck me as something that could be replicated by groups of thick male teens worldwide]) Perhaps a more equal gender ratio is something that should be strived for in refugee acceptance. It's not the Titanic - I don't think we need to revive the Birkenhead Drill for Syria or anything - but an unequal gender ratio can lead to some pretty messed up stuff, especially as these are typically teens and twentysomethings.

It's why I've increasingly come to think that Europe etc. should keep accepting migrants but process and fly them in from migrant camps, and announce that after a certain point these refugees will be favoured over those who "jump the queue". At least then you can control the ratios, focus on bringing families and the vulnerable, and - to quote the departed Mr Abbott - Stop teh Boats.

I still am curious as the extent organised crime has in all this as well. Not like it's a very sophisticated affair, but there does seem to be a certain amount of Fagins that have taken advantage of chaotic scenes to build little yob gangs.
Good post.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:59:10 PM »

Apparently, incidents like this happened twice at the main Stockholm youth festival, both 2014 and 2015. But the police hushed it down and withheld information about the frequency of sexual assault on young girls from immigrant gangs due to fears of helping the Sweden Democrats.

It sounds completely insane but since it's reported by our main newspaper which is additionally running a generally very pro-immigration agenda and they're citing highlevel police officials on the record with this information I don't know how it couldn't be true.

Whoever thought up this strategy to deal with the Sweden Democrats was truly idiotic.

If you're an ideologue that genuinely believes that these stories getting out would lead to a backlash against minorities, this being one of the outcomes is completely unsurprising. Frankly, it's inevitable. This is the danger of identity politics. It gets in the way of being able to appropriately identify and solve issues because you value a superficial attribute of a group above the truth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies