What should be done about the Mexican cartels?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:50:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What should be done about the Mexican cartels?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What should be done about the Mexican cartels?  (Read 450 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2016, 03:29:57 AM »

Aside from stuff most people here agree on like legalising/decriminalising drugs.
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 10:50:12 AM »

I support increasing penalties on dealers and offsetting those with a treatment-oriented approach to drug addiction. Beyond that, I think we need to address the horrific violence and aptitude of the cartels. This means working with countries south of the border to run post-surge Iraq type missions against the militant wing of the drug trade. Think about special forces being on the ground supporting local military/police.

This idea isn't fully developed or thought out, but I was thinking a multinational treaty organization composed of Central and South American countries to establish a court specializing in dealing with and punishing the cartels. Something along the lines of the International Criminal Court but not horrendously ineffective.

There are also some obvious ones like expanding trade and improving the economy of countries to the south.

Basically, exhaust all options. Fix our culture, fight them, promote trade, and develop new institutions free of corruption to imprison them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies