ME Gov. LePage makes racially charged comment at Bridgton meeting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:49:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ME Gov. LePage makes racially charged comment at Bridgton meeting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: ME Gov. LePage makes racially charged comment at Bridgton meeting  (Read 7427 times)
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 10:47:25 PM »

I want to see Paul LePage and Jeff Sessions have a boxing match over who gets to be Trump's running mate. Loser gets their head shaved by Trump himself.

sigged.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 11:14:34 PM »

I'd love to see him on Jerry Springer.

LePage could bring his black son on.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 11:43:24 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2016, 11:44:57 PM by דודב »

Very stupid remark. Racist as well. But, admittedly, also a bit funny: the "Smoothie, Shifty" part made me lol.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 12:02:24 AM »

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 12:15:50 AM »

Did he say something false? Sometimes the facts are uncomfortable, get over it.

You can just come out and say you're a racist at this point. No one will think any different of you.

It happens. How is pointing out a problem, regardless of race, racist? Do blacks get a free pass from the problem? It certainly made you remember the problem, now didn't it?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2016, 12:29:18 AM »

You can just come out and say you're a racist at this point. No one will think any different of you.

It happens. How is pointing out a problem, regardless of race, racist? Do blacks get a free pass from the problem? It certainly made you remember the problem, now didn't it?
What's the problem? The nonexistent black drug dealers in Maine that are apparently knocking up white girls? Whew, I'm glad we don't agree on anything, because if we did, I would think I was the dumbest person alive.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2016, 12:44:32 AM »

What's the problem? The nonexistent black drug dealers in Maine that are apparently knocking up white girls? Whew, I'm glad we don't agree on anything, because if we did, I would think I was the dumbest person alive.
Nobody thinks you are cool or funny, Ebsy. Give it a rest. Or just get out.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2016, 12:58:04 AM »

It's not actually a problem, because the black drug dealers impregnating white Maine girls do not actually exist. Or, if one or two exist, not in a significant enough population.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 01:24:07 AM »

I'm going to bet over 80% of drug dealers in Maine are white.
They more than likely are, but there are a lot of drug dealers that probably come out of state, I don't really care if there white or black it doesn't matter they are drug dealers.

If you were a successful drug dealer in New York or Connecticut, why would you go out of your way to reach a place with a smaller, more rural population with fewer customers and zero personal connections?  That literally makes no sense whatsoever.  I'll give you a hint: Maine's drug dealers live in Maine.

probably a lot from NH too.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 02:11:10 AM »

They more than likely are, but there are a lot of drug dealers that probably come out of state, I don't really care if there white or black it doesn't matter they are drug dealers.

If you were a successful drug dealer in New York or Connecticut, why would you go out of your way to reach a place with a smaller, more rural population with fewer customers and zero personal connections?  That literally makes no sense whatsoever.  I'll give you a hint: Maine's drug dealers live in Maine.

A lot of them might be coming from Vermont too. Those Green Mountain State niggas are a shifty lot.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 02:18:22 AM »

A lot of them might be coming from Vermont too. Those Green Mountain State niggas are a shifty lot.

can you just not?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 02:33:43 AM »

Do you have any real dispute with what I said? I mean, I know you're the forum's premiere defender of racists and idiots, but you've really been stooping in the gutter lately.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 02:57:01 AM »

If you were a successful drug dealer in New York or Connecticut, why would you go out of your way to reach a place with a smaller, more rural population with fewer customers and zero personal connections?  That literally makes no sense whatsoever.  I'll give you a hint: Maine's drug dealers live in Maine.

Yeah I'll give you that one. Tongue
Zache

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 06:24:27 AM »

Do you really think there's an epidemic of out-of-state drug dealers impregnating young white women(who apparently lack self-control)? It's so random and unnecessarily racial that I would've thought it would be indefensible, but I obviously expect too much.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 06:53:46 AM »

Don't forget all those brown-skinned wetbacks jumping the border from New Brunswick and stealing our jobs and doing all the raping.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »

As someone who lives in an extremely white area that also has a massive meth problem, I can confirm that there are MANY white drug dealers. Plenty of them are racist hicks who would probably vote LePage in fact!

Maybe LePage was referring to out of state white drug dealers impregnating young white women. Hey, anything is possible.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »

Eh, I've read heroin goes for a much higher rate in Maine than in NYC. Supply vs. Demand and all. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some truth to what LePage is saying, though he clearly went a bit off the rails in how he said it.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 03:48:25 PM »

I'm eager to hear the numbers behind what percentage of drug dealers are "blacks."

If you don't have facts, then you're just a race-baiter.

Blair is right that it is exactly the same as Reagan's infamous "mother from Chicago." It's invoking race without flat out saying "the blacks" (and therefore avoiding having to back it up with facts).
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2016, 04:25:06 PM »

Um, even if you give him every benefit of the doubt and assume he wasn't racistly imagining all his drug dealers as black, the end of his statement is still explicitly racist. Why is he only concerned about drug dealers impregnating young white girls as opposed to young girls generally? 
101spotted
Rookie
Switzerland

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2016, 05:39:38 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2016, 05:41:32 PM by 101spotted »

Dominican DTOs are the primary suppliers of South American heroin in Maine. They supply independent dealers who travel from Maine to several Massachusetts cities including Lawrence and Lowell. The MDEA Augusta Task Force reports the pattern of heroin distribution from Massachusetts suppliers to dealers who travel from market areas in Maine remains steady. Heroin dealers from Rockland and Waldoboro, Maine, travel to New Bedford, Massachusetts; dealers from Kennebec County, Maine, travel to Worcester, Massachusetts; and dealers from Bath and Brunswick, Maine, travel to Lawrence, Lowell, and Lynn, Massachusetts.

Dominican DTOs increased their drug trafficking activities in the Northeast during the past decade and have developed sophisticated methods of operation. Most of the heroin distributed by Dominican DTOs is transported to New York City from South America by couriers on commercial airlines. While New York City remains the primary distribution center, Dominican DTOs now use Philadelphia and the Boston area, including Lowell and Lawrence, as secondary wholesale distribution centers. Dominican criminal groups operating at the wholesale or retail levels have been reported throughout New England and, in particular, in the Maine cities of Auburn, Augusta, Bangor, Houlton, Lewiston, Portland, and Waterville.

Although the user-to-dealer transformation is common, there also are larger distribution operations within the state. The MDEA, the DEA, the Brunswick Police Department, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) investigated a Dominican criminal group distributing cocaine, crack cocaine, and 87-percent-pure heroin through local street dealers in Portland. As a result of this 1997 investigation, 16 suspects were arrested and convicted.

Independent Caucasian dealers form the backbone of retail heroin operations in Maine. These dealers travel to cities in Massachusetts and to New York City to purchase heroin. Most heroin retailers sell the drug to support their own heroin habits. Often, new addicts travel out of Maine seeking lower heroin prices and, after finding a source, the addicts purchase more than they need for personal use. They sell the excess heroin in Maine, taking advantage of the retail cost differential between distribution cities like Lowell and Lynn and Maine market cities like Bath and Portland. The MDEA reports that heroin can be purchased in distribution cities in Massachusetts for $4 to $6 per retail unit and sold in cities in Maine for $8 to $45.

justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs/657/heroin.htm#Distribution
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2016, 06:17:45 PM »

Do you have any real dispute with what I said? I mean, I know you're the forum's premiere defender of racists and idiots, but you've really been stooping in the gutter lately.
I don't think you are necessarily wrong about the first sentence, but the second sentence is where you veer off into your typical douchebag territory.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »

Dominican DTOs are the primary suppliers of South American heroin in Maine. They supply independent dealers who travel from Maine to several Massachusetts cities including Lawrence and Lowell. The MDEA Augusta Task Force reports the pattern of heroin distribution from Massachusetts suppliers to dealers who travel from market areas in Maine remains steady. Heroin dealers from Rockland and Waldoboro, Maine, travel to New Bedford, Massachusetts; dealers from Kennebec County, Maine, travel to Worcester, Massachusetts; and dealers from Bath and Brunswick, Maine, travel to Lawrence, Lowell, and Lynn, Massachusetts.

Dominican DTOs increased their drug trafficking activities in the Northeast during the past decade and have developed sophisticated methods of operation. Most of the heroin distributed by Dominican DTOs is transported to New York City from South America by couriers on commercial airlines. While New York City remains the primary distribution center, Dominican DTOs now use Philadelphia and the Boston area, including Lowell and Lawrence, as secondary wholesale distribution centers. Dominican criminal groups operating at the wholesale or retail levels have been reported throughout New England and, in particular, in the Maine cities of Auburn, Augusta, Bangor, Houlton, Lewiston, Portland, and Waterville.

Although the user-to-dealer transformation is common, there also are larger distribution operations within the state. The MDEA, the DEA, the Brunswick Police Department, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) investigated a Dominican criminal group distributing cocaine, crack cocaine, and 87-percent-pure heroin through local street dealers in Portland. As a result of this 1997 investigation, 16 suspects were arrested and convicted.

Independent Caucasian dealers form the backbone of retail heroin operations in Maine. These dealers travel to cities in Massachusetts and to New York City to purchase heroin. Most heroin retailers sell the drug to support their own heroin habits. Often, new addicts travel out of Maine seeking lower heroin prices and, after finding a source, the addicts purchase more than they need for personal use. They sell the excess heroin in Maine, taking advantage of the retail cost differential between distribution cities like Lowell and Lynn and Maine market cities like Bath and Portland. The MDEA reports that heroin can be purchased in distribution cities in Massachusetts for $4 to $6 per retail unit and sold in cities in Maine for $8 to $45.

justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs/657/heroin.htm#Distribution

Thanks for refuting all of this nonsense! It's now obvious that "Independent Caucasian dealers form the backbone of retail heroin operations in Maine" and that they must be the ones who "travel to cities in Massachusetts and to New York City to purchase heroin", and upon return, start raping all the white girls!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2016, 06:53:08 PM »

As someone who lives in an extremely white area that also has a massive meth problem, I can confirm that there are MANY white drug dealers. Plenty of them are racist hicks who would probably vote LePage in fact!

Maybe LePage was referring to out of state white drug dealers impregnating young white women. Hey, anything is possible.

Why would you even write that?  It's clearly not true.  LePage has made racially insensitive remarks before; why would he suddenly have the benefit of the doubt when he's the one complaining about "white girls" being impregnated?  You realize that racists have always complained about their white girls bearing the children of "ethnics", right?  It's a staple.  Is needlessly defending a racist with blatantly false speculation something that you do now?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »

Why all US policitians of Canadian ancestry are pretty much awful?

I'm so sorry than his family left Quebec at some point (his grandfather is from Rimouski).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 07:02:54 PM »

Has anyone seen his jack-ass "apology" yet?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies