ME Gov. LePage makes racially charged comment at Bridgton meeting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:42:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ME Gov. LePage makes racially charged comment at Bridgton meeting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ME Gov. LePage makes racially charged comment at Bridgton meeting  (Read 7481 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 07:04:32 PM »

Why all US policitians of Canadian ancestry are pretty much awful?

I'm so sorry than his family left Quebec at some point (his grandfather is from Rimouski).

Tbf he would probably be leader of PQ by now if he had stayed in his homeland.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 07:38:01 PM »

Why all US policitians of Canadian ancestry are pretty much awful?

I'm so sorry than his family left Quebec at some point (his grandfather is from Rimouski).

Tbf he would probably be leader of PQ by now if he had stayed in his homeland.

Doubt it, nominations in that area of Quebec are pretty much controlled by unions.

I doubt he has a pro-union record.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »

I'm going to bet over 80% of drug dealers in Maine are white.
They more than likely are, but there are a lot of drug dealers that probably come out of state, I don't really care if there white or black it doesn't matter they are drug dealers.

If you were a successful drug dealer in New York or Connecticut, why would you go out of your way to reach a place with a smaller, more rural population with fewer customers and zero personal connections?  That literally makes no sense whatsoever.  I'll give you a hint: Maine's drug dealers live in Maine.

probably a lot from NH too.

A lot of them might be coming from Vermont too. Those Green Mountain State niggas are a shifty lot.

I chuckled when I read this.

As someone who lives in an extremely white area that also has a massive meth problem, I can confirm that there are MANY white drug dealers. Plenty of them are racist hicks who would probably vote LePage in fact!

Maybe LePage was referring to out of state white drug dealers impregnating young white women. Hey, anything is possible.

I'm going to assume that you're not joking. There are actually people of different ethnicities that are into hip hop and street culture and would adopt the nicknames that Paul LePage mentioned.

I didn't think LePage's comment was necessarily racist until he mentioned white girls.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2016, 09:19:43 PM »

Is it any surprise that a lot of white conservative men are screwed up when it comes to their fear of black people (especially black men), their sick obsession with their daughters' sexuality, and when the two cross?

LePage's views are not unusual at all. Hell, even my white dad says some nasty stuff about blacks, and I've heard plenty of these kinds of things at work.

How could he say stuff like this but have a black adopted son? How awkward.

Awkward, yes. But this cognitive dissonance usually comes about because LePage knows his son, and knows his son is a "good" one, but any random black stranger on the street is suspect and to be feared.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2016, 03:16:04 AM »

Is it any surprise that a lot of white conservative men are screwed up when it comes to their fear of black people (especially black men), their sick obsession with their daughters' sexuality, and when the two cross?

It's probably resonating subconsciously from literally the mitochondrial level. Caucasian DNA is arguably the weakest and most recessive in terms of physical characteristics, and males in general are the more insecure of the sexes when it comes to anything sexual in nature (look at most species in nature: the females decide with whom to breed and males are often forced to "show off" or compete). Add to this the fact that black men are considered to be "bigger" and that African DNA is very dominant in terms of physical manifestation, and of course genetically-insecure white males are going to freak out about "their" females "interacting" with black males.

The combination is enough to send many a white male into total meltdown. They're literally being bred out of existence and emasculated simultaneously through such an occurrence.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2016, 07:52:18 AM »

I honestly thought he was talking about Italians until I got to the part about "impregnating white girls". Shows you where my prejudices lie Tongue
You have a problem with us guidos bro?

Yes, see Jersey Shore Tongue
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2016, 12:50:10 PM by pbrower2a »

I'm going to bet over 80% of drug dealers in Maine are white.

Safe assumption, with the only risk of error being understatement. The worst thing that any drug dealer could do is to not fit into the ethnic mix. It is more likely that white dopers travel from Maine to visit black or Hispanic drug traffickers in Boston and then return with their poison than that black or Hispanic drug traffickers go to Maine where they would never be confused with black or Hispanic middle-class tourists visiting Maine for coastal scenery or lobster dinners.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2016, 01:45:38 PM »

It's probably resonating subconsciously from literally the mitochondrial level. Caucasian DNA is arguably the weakest and most recessive in terms of physical characteristics, and males in general are the more insecure of the sexes when it comes to anything sexual in nature (look at most species in nature: the females decide with whom to breed and males are often forced to "show off" or compete). Add to this the fact that black men are considered to be "bigger" and that African DNA is very dominant in terms of physical manifestation, and of course genetically-insecure white males are going to freak out about "their" females "interacting" with black males.

The combination is enough to send many a white male into total meltdown. They're literally being bred out of existence and emasculated simultaneously through such an occurrence.

You realize there isn't such a thing as "Caucasian" or "African" DNA, right?  Just checking.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2016, 03:51:26 PM »

I honestly thought he was talking about Italians until I got to the part about "impregnating white girls". Shows you where my prejudices lie Tongue

My question is if you are that clueless about American culture why do you have a constant need to comment on it?  Only complete idiots and racists would say he was referring to anything other than black men with or without the "white girls" reference.  I refrain from commenting on the nuances of Canadian culture/politics.  I wish the same courtesy was paid to us.

He could have made his point without the white girls bit.

That was his point.

How could he say stuff like this but have a black adopted son? How awkward.

Lepage has not adopted a black son.  He might have lied and said he did in a vain attempt to save his butt.  That story I could believe.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2016, 05:44:46 PM »

Pseudo scientific and racist bullsh**t

Let's take USA's most famous biracial person and compare him to his nearest male relatives

Obama clearly look more like his grandfather than his father, his facial structure, his physical traits, even his skin colour are closer to his grandfather than father.

But because of how USA set a social structure for race, where all people with visible subsaharan traits are put into the same arbitary category, you people become unable to see the rather obvious truth, biracial people in general look like a mix between their parents. There's a reason that many foreigners who live in cultures where the racial categories are different don't really see Obama as a Black man, you more or less need to be American to see him as that.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2016, 05:53:30 PM »

My question is if you are that clueless about American culture why do you have a constant need to comment on it?  Only complete idiots and racists would say he was referring to anything other than black men with or without the "white girls" reference.  I refrain from commenting on the nuances of Canadian culture/politics.  I wish the same courtesy was paid to us.

Oh hello. I see from your posting history that you are a jackass. Well, I'm too old for that nonsense. Ignored.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2016, 05:46:27 PM »

Impeachment?
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4b20213b0ad4448ca9308cf712c92d9f/maine-democrats-press-impeachment-gov-lepage
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »

I think it would have to be a pretty ironclad and damning case to get Republicans in the State Senate to sign off on impeaching their own Republican governor. Maybe it will work out if Democrats can win back the State Senate this year, though.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2016, 07:15:48 PM »

I think it would have to be a pretty ironclad and damning case to get Republicans in the State Senate to sign off on impeaching their own Republican governor. Maybe it will work out if Democrats can win back the State Senate this year, though.

Democrats are, in my opinion, likely to get back some seats they lost in the wave last year, and they have a good chance of retaking the chamber. However, even that may not be enough: they'll need 24 votes of 35 to convict.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2016, 11:25:32 PM »

On the same day that LePage complained about people with names like D-Money, Smoothie and Shifty selling heroin in his state, the Maine DEA arrested three individuals named James Millay, Jody Daniello and Donna Johnson for dealing heroin in his state:

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »

On the same day that LePage complained about people with names like D-Money, Smoothie and Shifty selling heroin in his state, the Maine DEA arrested three individuals named James Millay, Jody Daniello and Donna Johnson for dealing heroin in his state:

Well aren't they just great specimens of whiteness?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2016, 01:10:03 AM »

I'd love to see Daniello or Johnson 'impregnate a white girl'. It'd be a very Simoun twist to this whole fiasco.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2016, 01:24:58 AM »

The one in the middle looks like he could be Smoothie.  On the left is Shifty. Which leaves the woman on the right as D-Money.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2016, 02:08:18 AM »

Where exactly did the dude's chin go?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2016, 01:01:14 PM »

I'd love to see Daniello or Johnson 'impregnate a white girl'. It'd be a very Simoun twist to this whole fiasco.

Don't you need a penis for that?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2016, 03:26:06 PM »

Don't you need a penis for that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2016, 04:20:41 PM »

I was a little scared of what this was going to link to
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »

Where exactly did the dude's chin go?
Sold it to an Pashtun for more opium.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2016, 10:27:24 AM »

I kind of wish that three guys would pose as heroin dealers named "Shifty", "Smoothie", and "D-Money" and try to "sell" some fake heroin to Paul LePage as a big joke.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies