Donald Trump must be destroyed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:19:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump must be destroyed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donald Trump must be destroyed  (Read 2256 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:21:08 AM »

Calm down folks. I didn't write this article. And in fact, it's really not very effective. It's mostly generalized and not very well written or clever yammering about protecting the conservative "brand," and that Trump is no conservative, blah, blah, blah. Yawn. Low energy! But hey, its title makes it all worth it! Tongue
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »

Why even make this thread then?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »

Torie's as much of a troll as anyone. He just likes to pretend he's better than all that.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »

This type of idiocy is plastered all over this board anyways. Really useless post!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 12:16:28 PM »

I hope you infract yourself for this.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 01:07:50 PM »

I hope you infract yourself for this.

I don't moderate this Board. Sorry. Lief puts on his stuff, why can't I put up mine? And don't you want to know what is out there in the public square? I'm doing a public service really, kind sir.
Publius
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »

Well, as long as this thread is on its way down the tubes, let's see if we can hit rock bottom. I was hoping it'd be a link to this!:

https://presidentialpoliticsblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/08/donald-trump-and-the-paradox-of-choice/
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »

I don't moderate this Board. Sorry. Lief puts on his stuff, why can't I put up mine? And don't you want to know what is out there in the public square? I'm doing a public service really, kind sir.

Is everyone here trolling? I haven't been on this forum long at all yet I've seen some really dumb stuff posted and yet no one said anything like this in those threads.

I stand with Torie!
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »

That much is true, but how? Everything has been tried and Trump keeps going like the energizer bunny. He has an inbuilt immunity system which has made him impervious to any sort of take down. So I'm all ears to hear a sure fire way of removing Trump from the equation, the clock is ticking folks.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »

Brief summary of the article:

- "Trump is bad because he's not a TruConservative ™"
- "Trump was born rich and he only created nine billion dollars of wealth, not the ten billion that he claims. We in the Republican Party hate rich people!"
- Repeats the canard that Trump isn't electable.

This guy needs to be thrown from a helicopter.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 03:07:20 PM »

Trump is racing toward the nomination. In the process the chance for a Republican victory is in decline. That pretty much sums up where we are now. It could be Sanders or Clinton vs Trump at this point. Both of them have a significant lead. Unless he comes up with a better schtick he is doomed in the general. It's beginning to look a lot like 2008, if no Republican can stop him.
At 42% in the polls he probably now has at least a 50% chance of winning the nomination, but only a 25% chance, at best, of winning the election.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 03:30:23 PM »

Is everyone here trolling? I haven't been on this forum long at all yet I've seen some really dumb stuff posted and yet no one said anything like this in those threads.

I stand with Torie!

The board is really weird. There are some really good posters and lots of great information which will keep you coming back. But there are some really annoying and nonsensical ones too. If you point out somebody is annoying or nonsensical you get scolded for not getting how "Atlas" works. (Also happens if you point out the colors are wrong, incidentally.) It's always been like this. I've just come to accept it I guess.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »

Brief summary of the article:

- "Trump is bad because he's not a TruConservative ™"
- "Trump was born rich and he only created nine billion dollars of wealth, not the ten billion that he claims. We in the Republican Party hate rich people!"
- Repeats the canard that Trump isn't electable.

This guy needs to be thrown from a helicopter.

Don't forget this nugget, which has been parroted since July:

"If his opponents can show Trump is the emperor with no clothes, they can win over voters. When attacked, Trump seems to grow stronger but to date Trump's phony persona has yet to be unmasked. That's his Achilles' heel with his voters. An inauthentic and craven Trump would have little appeal to those seeking a candidate who would really fight for them."
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 06:48:40 PM »

Trump is racing toward the nomination. In the process the chance for a Republican victory is in decline. That pretty much sums up where we are now. It could be Sanders or Clinton vs Trump at this point. Both of them have a significant lead. Unless he comes up with a better schtick he is doomed in the general. It's beginning to look a lot like 2008, if no Republican can stop him.
At 42% in the polls he probably now has at least a 50% chance of winning the nomination, but only a 25% chance, at best, of winning the election.

Trump is at 47% in the general, and probably around 50% adding in Shy Trump effect.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »

I stand with Torie!

The board is really weird. There are some really good posters and lots of great information which will keep you coming back. But there are some really annoying and nonsensical ones too. If you point out somebody is annoying or nonsensical you get scolded for not getting how "Atlas" works. (Also happens if you point out the colors are wrong, incidentally.) It's always been like this. I've just come to accept it I guess.

The colours are actually right. It's everybody else that has it wrong.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »

Anyway this article has two major arguments to destroy Trump: his personality and his positions.

For the latter, well, anyone in 2016 who still believes the GOP base care that Trump isn't 'fiskool cunservatiev Smiley ' is probably a victim of one of Carson's botched surgeries. There is no real reason for the modern GOP base to care about free trade, or 'business friendly attitudes' or other such concerns. (Even the debt/deficit is hardly important - most people will very easily rationalise debt away when their guy is in office)

And the former? Well the various repellent creatures also running for nomination can call him mean and rude etc. Which could work - if Trump didn't fight fire with fire a towering inferno. He is the reality TV candidate - to a degree everybody knows he is 'fake' so attacking him on such grounds does not matter.

Tl Dr : can't stump the trump
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 08:39:27 PM »

Regarding the colors being "wrong", back in the good old days of network election coverage THE COLORS WERE RANDOMLY CHOSEN.  It wasn't until about 2004 that idiots started to say this state is blue, that state is red, as if Republican was officially red and Democrat blue.  The colors this board uses at least make sense, since red is more associated with leftist parties (Red China, etc.).
bigedlb
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »

The Donald just doubled down on knocking the "defication" out of ISIS.  Then the OAN host repeated the "natural" term Trump used, with a smile on his face.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

I stand with Torie!

This is true. However, he has a point: this place is very strange. There's a lot of good stuff, but there's plenty of bad, and one bad poster is often more effective at getting attention than several good posters combined.
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »

I don't judge things by their titles.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 11:13:10 PM »

I stand with Torie!

This is true. However, he has a point: this place is very strange. There's a lot of good stuff, but there's plenty of bad, and one bad poster is often more effective at getting attention than several good posters combined.

It's just like the Republican primary race.  This place has really gone meta.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies