Nevada Legislator switches to Libertarian from GOP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:10:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nevada Legislator switches to Libertarian from GOP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nevada Legislator switches to Libertarian from GOP  (Read 4052 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: January 09, 2016, 12:22:02 AM »

Ran as a Democrat in 2012, Republican in 2014, and now a Libertarian. What a loyal party member.

Opportunist. His sponsored bills are more in line with conservatives/Republicans, but if I had to guess, I'd say he picked whatever party was favored that year so he could ride their success into office. Worked in 2014 with basically no money spent too.

Well, most politicians are opportunists to some degree...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 03:33:52 AM »

Ran as a Democrat in 2012, Republican in 2014, and now a Libertarian. What a loyal party member.

Opportunist. His sponsored bills are more in line with conservatives/Republicans, but if I had to guess, I'd say he picked whatever party was favored that year so he could ride their success into office. Worked in 2014 with basically no money spent too.

Well, most politicians are opportunists to some degree...

The whole point of Virginia's post is that the guy is an opportunist to a *large* degree. Can you stop being so incredibly pedantic?

No, i can't. It's in my blood...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 03:35:22 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2016, 04:00:58 AM by smoltchanov »

I agree that smoltchanov is an idiot, but I'm not sure what exactly is "opportunist" about switching your affiliation to an irrelevant third party and torpedoing your own chances of getting elected.

No more idiot then you are)))). Most likely - less....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »

Can we make our posts about ideas, not other posters? Smotly has contributed more to this board than most.

Lol...YMMV on that one.  But yeah, I put him on my ignore list and will be happy to move on.

I did the same. Probably - earlier.....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 12:55:25 AM »

Great, he's my assemblyman.  I'm being represented in the State Assembly by a f[inks]in' Libertarian...

But probably he wasn't better as f[inks]in' Republican, was he?)))))
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies