General Election Question
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:04:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  General Election Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Election Question  (Read 8214 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2003, 12:10:09 AM »

Who would you vote for Kerry or Bush?
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 01:01:36 AM »

Kerry in a heartbeat. I would vote for a ham sandwich over Bush, and it wouldn't even need to have mustard on it. I'd compromise Smiley.
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 02:32:53 AM »

I feel myself slowly turning into a Republican each time I vote at these polls...
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 11:00:34 AM »

easy one.

Bush!  Kerry doesn't have a prayer at the nomination.  He was outflanked to the left by Dean, Clark has him on Military credentials and Kerry for being in the Senate 19 years! doesn't have a huge accomplishment for his service there.

President Bush has delivered on tax cuts, prescription drugs, farm bill, ed bill, capture of Saddam, removal of the taliban and removal of WMDS from Libya.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 11:29:06 AM »

easy one.

Bush!  Kerry doesn't have a prayer at the nomination.  He was outflanked to the left by Dean, Clark has him on Military credentials and Kerry for being in the Senate 19 years! doesn't have a huge accomplishment for his service there.

President Bush has delivered on tax cuts, prescription drugs, farm bill, ed bill, capture of Saddam, removal of the taliban and removal of WMDS from Libya.

Duh. I am not sure why all you die-hard conservative republicans keep telling us that you will vote for Bush. WE KNOW!! The interesting thing is all those democrats who might not vote for certain candidates. Or, tell me, is there any republican in this forum, who is even considering NOT voting for Bush if the Dem nominee is one of the current candidates (or, whoever, for that matter)?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 11:51:23 AM »

Do we have to make a poll for every candidate?  Only Gephardt and dean have a chance at the nomination.
I don't like Kerry at all, but I'd take him over Bush.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 12:00:00 PM »

Well Clark has a chance too(as long as Edwards doesn't play spoiler down South)
M

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 01:59:42 PM »

Actually, since this forum is quite nicely divided between hardcore dems, GOPers, and swing voters, I think we all should vote on this kind of thread, to make it more representative.

I vote for Bush over Kerry, he is so waffly on national security that I have no idea what he would do as Prez in a real crisis. Bush, on the other hand, I trust usually to respond effectively and even preemptively to crises.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 02:57:56 PM »

Actually, since this forum is quite nicely divided between hardcore dems, GOPers, and swing voters, I think we all should vote on this kind of thread, to make it more representative.

I vote for Bush over Kerry, he is so waffly on national security that I have no idea what he would do as Prez in a real crisis. Bush, on the other hand, I trust usually to respond effectively and even preemptively to crises.

There are a lot of moderate dems, who would vote for Bush if the candidate was one they didn't like, but you reps all seem pretty hard-core to me! I think that pretty much sums up the election as well. The Democratic party is slightly to the left of their voters right now and that's a serious problem for them.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 03:06:12 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2003, 03:07:07 PM by htmldon »

I feel myself slowly turning into a Republican each time I vote at these polls...

We need more polls!!!!  At least a switch to Repdemdan would be welcome!  Seeing an R-IL would be especially comforting at this time of such great sorrow and electoral pain in the Illinois GOP.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2003, 03:16:20 PM »

Is it so bad for us to actually LIKE the candidate we are nominating for President? Tongue

President Bush has managed to do something that only Clinton got close to doing -- rallying his entire party to his cause.  With Democrats being so virulent and hateful, a lot of Republicans will ignore minor or even major disagreements with the administration in order to rally around the elephant.  The same thing happened with the Democrats in the late 90's -- a lot of liberals forgot their disagreements with Clinton about welfare reform and rallied around him during the impeachment issue.

The only Republicans that I know who aren't supporting Bush at this time are staunch libertarians and some far, far right conservanuts.  And you can be damn sure that Howard Dean will not get their votes.

There are a lot of moderate dems, who would vote for Bush if the candidate was one they didn't like, but you reps all seem pretty hard-core to me! I think that pretty much sums up the election as well. The Democratic party is slightly to the left of their voters right now and that's a serious problem for them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 03:21:35 PM »

Is it so bad for us to actually LIKE the candidate we are nominating for President? Tongue

President Bush has managed to do something that only Clinton got close to doing -- rallying his entire party to his cause.  With Democrats being so virulent and hateful, a lot of Republicans will ignore minor or even major disagreements with the administration in order to rally around the elephant.  The same thing happened with the Democrats in the late 90's -- a lot of liberals forgot their disagreements with Clinton about welfare reform and rallied around him during the impeachment issue.

The only Republicans that I know who aren't supporting Bush at this time are staunch libertarians and some far, far right conservanuts.  And you can be damn sure that Howard Dean will not get their votes.

That's pretty much my point. You elected a president and he is popular and successfull. That you wish to keep in the White House rather than to elect an untested politician from the opposite wing of the other party is obvious and not very informative. Still you comment like you were presenting news. "Well, personally I prefer Bush over Dean", etc. The interesting issue is obviously whether Democrats and independents are going to vote for the dem nominees, since conservative republicans wont. EVER.
Yu748Girl83
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2022, 02:54:16 PM »

BUSH!
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2022, 02:58:00 PM »

easy one.

Yeah, Kerry came at Dean like he was texting while driving and totally killed him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies