Mideast Senate Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:42:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Senate Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mideast Senate Debate  (Read 2108 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 10:52:33 PM »

In your opinion, what is the most important characteristic a good senator needs to have?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2005, 10:59:15 PM »

The ability to make the right decisions even when they are not popular.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2005, 11:42:23 PM »

that and the ability to work well with other senators.  Also listening to their constituency.  There are concerns which everyone has that need to be adressed. 
Good senators should have definite opinions of how the country should be run.  They should be open to the opinions of many, but still keep a few hot button issues from which they will never stray. 
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2005, 08:23:54 AM »

*Looks at Texasgurl's post and then at her "campaign thread and scratches head*

Yes making the right decisions when they're unpopular, listening to the constituency and not voting along party lines. You need to think about the piece of legislation and then make a decision for the good of Atlasia. That also means working with other Senators be they liberal or conservative or somewhere in the middle.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2005, 01:33:04 PM »

How much does a candidates' experience matter in this election?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2005, 01:36:51 PM »

I believe expierence is only about 1/3 of what it takes to be in the Senate. If you have expierence it helps. Activity is one of the things that matters most. You could have the most expierence of all the people in Atlasia and not show up and you would be a horrible Senator.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2005, 04:05:50 PM »

it's important, but not vital.  Sometimes people are tired of having the same people in government, so they look for a younger, more grassroots candidate.  Sometimes it can be beneficial for everybody, as it will be when I get the senate seat : )
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2005, 07:59:45 AM »

I say we let the campaign and Debate stop for one more day, to honor our troops on Memorial Day and because of Texasgurl dropping out. I hope the other candidates agree with me.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2005, 11:28:05 AM »

okay, agreed
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 06:06:12 PM »

What is the biggest problem facing Atlasia today?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2005, 06:09:42 PM »

I wouldn't say that Atlasia has a biggest problem. The economy could always use help with bills that would help push it along or let it flourish. As of right now social issues are also kind of up in the air with the voting on gay marraige. But Atlasia doesn't seem to have super problems at this moment though some may come up very soon.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2005, 11:55:47 PM »

well, we need to keep our border safe from los banditos.  Even though John Dibble destroyed most of them with his eye lasers, we need to make sure they don't come back.  Also, we need to establish a mutually agreed boundary between regional and federal governments because we don't need any more civil wars.

There are not many problems today, but we should work harder to improve Atlasia, and reach our highest potential.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 07:27:52 PM »

Why should the voters not elect your opponents to the Senate?

Please provide a closing as well, since this will end the debate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2005, 07:37:16 PM »

Well both my opponants are good guys (as far as I know) and the only reason that I can say is that they aren't as active as I am in Fantasy Politics. Plus I'm already in the Senate and have bills that I would like to protect and get through.

In closing I would like to say that I am proud to be your Senator and would like to continue to be for another 4 months. You've seen the bills I entered that would help the Mideast as well as all of Atlasia. I hope you the voters put your trust in me and elect me to another term in office. Thank you and may God bless you all.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2005, 10:15:38 PM »

my opponent knows well what he's doing and he has many good ideas.  However, there are some disagreements between him and myself.  He seemed to really dislike the idea of me running in the first place.  I feel if there's more competition, it makes for a more interesting race, and it's better for democracy. Despite having many similar veiws I dislike some of the bills he proposes.  Some of his bills increase the size or power of Atlasia's government. If elected, I will read through the bills to make sure they do not. 

I'd like to thank Anko21 for moderating, and for having this chance to express my ideas.  Atlasia has grown strong in the past several months.  We've been through bandit raids and threats of secession.  We are a strong nation and we will continue to grow.  A Milk_and_Cereal vote is a vote for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Thanks everyone, good night and God bless.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 11:04:34 PM »

Good debate to the both of you.  And good luck to both.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies