Chelsea Clinton: Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:39:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Chelsea Clinton: Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton: Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare  (Read 2657 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2016, 07:17:02 PM »

"Chelsea Clinton said Sanders would also 'dismantle Medicare and dismantle private insurance,' as well as strip away benefits from the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which was created under her father’s presidency."

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/265601-chelsea-clinton-sanders-wants-to-scrap-obamacare
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »

Her campaign is really flailing against Bernie, most Democrats probably prefer single-payer to Obamacare.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 07:23:45 PM »

If everyone was covered under single payer, we wouldn't have to worry about little kids having insurance or not.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:26:09 PM »

She's, like, factually correct.  Nice to see the usual anti-Clinton spin here though lol.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 07:27:54 PM »

It's even worse when you recall that Hillary was so upset back in 2008 over other Democrats attacking each other on health care. 'Shame on you' she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9CRgFO2mnM
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 07:34:03 PM »

That's because it would be worth undoing the accommodations of the private health insurance system in the ACA if we could replace it with single-payer.

If this sort of stupidity becomes the theme of Hillary's campaign going forward, I may have to change my voting intentions.
Trapsy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »

Why is she on the trail?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »

That's because it would be worth undoing the accommodations of the private health insurance system in the ACA if we could replace it with single-payer.
^^^^^
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 07:39:23 PM »

When you're sending your daughter out to attack the primary opposition, it's a safe bet that something has gone terribly wrong.
Trapsy

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »

When you're sending your daughter out to attack the primary opposition, it's a safe bet that something has gone terribly wrong.

The way they are reacting to Bernie's surge is irrational.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »

I don't mean this in a rude or crass way, but good lord she is not exactly a looker. Not that she had the best genetics to work with but.....yikes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:57 PM »

To give her spawn the necessary campaign experience to launch its own bid in a few years.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 07:48:03 PM »

The definition of losing.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 07:49:27 PM »

I don't mean this in a rude or crass way, but good lord she is not exactly a looker. Not that she had the best genetics to work with but.....yikes.

Literally all of the candidates are middle-aged or older, none of them should be expected to look like anything other than their age.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 07:58:24 PM »

Well she's right. Democrats should want to build on Obama's legacy, not tear it down and start over again. Sanders plan is an unfeasible, unrealistic scheme that totally ignores political reality. Glad someone is finally calling him out on his nonsensical "policies."
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 08:05:36 PM »

This is not untrue, because Sanders wants single payer. It's a moot point, though, because it would never get through Congress.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 08:08:37 PM »

Literally all of the candidates are middle-aged or older, none of them should be expected to look like anything other than their age.

I suppose.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »

Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are young and good looking according to my wife.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 08:27:46 PM »

I agree -a woman is supposed to be a sex symbol for a bunch of lonely white guys on an internet forum, never mind her qualifications, or the fact that the vast majority of you are hardly 'lookers' either.  
-----

It is sh**t like this that fuel the perception that the campaign against Hillary is based mainly on misogyny and double-standards.  I doubt any of you would base the qualifications of a male politician of a similar age on how he looks.  
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2016, 09:26:18 PM by Sorenroy »

It is sh**t like this that fuel the perception that the campaign against Hillary is based mainly on misogyny and double-standards.  I doubt any of you would base the qualifications of a male politician of a similar age on how he looks.  

I hope you that your opinion of the candidates is not altered by the words of a person who doesn't think before they post. I, for one, was absolutely disgusted by this comment. I have also seen disgusting comments from other people in the "Bernie Camp". On one video of an analysis of why African-Americans were not voting in the same numbers for Sanders as were whites, there were many comments by the sludge of Youtube saying the most vile, racist stuff about their fellow Americans based on the fact that they were voting for one liberal over another, slightly less, liberal.

And as to the point about "being PC", if that happens to come up, there is a difference between telling a joke in one setting, and forming opinions and thoughts in another. This was a non-topical point that had no place in a discussion that focused on something completely different.

Anyway, enough with derailing this thread. I just wanted to back a Hillary supporter so it doesn't look like that kind of frustration is coming from on side of the isle (kind of since I'm still a Democrat, but still). I wonder what the reaction from Clinton is on this, once she heard her daughter say this. Is this a sentiment shared by Clinton herself, or is it just something Chelsea feels because she has not done as much research and is speaking because of her relations to Hillary Clinton, rather than being a campaign manager with the message drilled into her heads? In English: is this Hillary's views or hers?
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 09:29:30 PM »

I hope you that your opinion of the candidates is not altered by the words of a person who doesn't think before they post. I, for one, was absolutely disgusted by this comment. I have also seen disgusting comments from other people in the "Bernie Camp". On one video of an analysis of why African-Americans were not voting in the same numbers for Sanders as were whites, there were many comments by the sludge of Youtube saying the most vile, racist stuff about their fellow Americans based on the fact that they were voting for one liberal over another, slightly less, liberal.

And as to the point about "being PC", if that happens to come up, there is a difference between telling a joke in one setting, and forming opinions and thoughts in another. This was a non-topical point that had no place in a discussion that focused on something completely different.

Anyway, enough with derailing this thread. I just wanted to back a Hillary supporter so it doesn't look like that kind of frustration is coming from on side of the isle (kind of since I'm still a Democrat, but still). I wonder what the reaction from Clinton is on this, once she heard her daughter say this. Is this a sentiment shared by Clinton herself, or is it just something Chelsea feels because she has not done as much research and is speaking because of her relations to Hillary Clinton, rather than being a campaign manager with the message drilled into her heads? In English: is this Hillary's views or hers?

A reasonable Sandernista?  omg
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 10:18:02 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2016, 10:21:10 PM by (CT) The Free North »

I agree -a woman is supposed to be a sex symbol for a bunch of lonely white guys on an internet forum, never mind her qualifications, or the fact that the vast majority of you are hardly 'lookers' either.  
-----

Oh give me a break.

I dont like any of the Clintons regardless of how they look. I happen to find it funny that along with all 3 of them being awful people politically, they are also fairly ugly as well. If you find that offensive or some form of 'misogyny' that says more about you than me.

For the record I think most people would agree that Ted Cruz is not an attractive person either but are people who criticize his campaign lambasted for being sexist? Whether you like it or not, people who enter the public arena are judged heavily based on their physical appearance. Would I make a final decision to vote for someone based on their looks? Of course not. But there are plenty of people who do. My grandmother voted for JFK because he was "just so handsome" and literally had no other reason.

Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »

Jeb! looks pretty good for being in his mid 60s.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 10:45:04 PM »

The Clinton campaign is getting nervous about the Sanders surge. Maybe she's finally #FeelingTheBernTM
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 11:12:46 PM »

Hillary even has to get her daughter on the attack. Desperate times for the campaign.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies