Chelsea Clinton: Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:16:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Chelsea Clinton: Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton: Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare  (Read 2675 times)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« on: January 12, 2016, 07:26:09 PM »

She's, like, factually correct.  Nice to see the usual anti-Clinton spin here though lol.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:29:30 PM »

I hope you that your opinion of the candidates is not altered by the words of a person who doesn't think before they post. I, for one, was absolutely disgusted by this comment. I have also seen disgusting comments from other people in the "Bernie Camp". On one video of an analysis of why African-Americans were not voting in the same numbers for Sanders as were whites, there were many comments by the sludge of Youtube saying the most vile, racist stuff about their fellow Americans based on the fact that they were voting for one liberal over another, slightly less, liberal.

And as to the point about "being PC", if that happens to come up, there is a difference between telling a joke in one setting, and forming opinions and thoughts in another. This was a non-topical point that had no place in a discussion that focused on something completely different.

Anyway, enough with derailing this thread. I just wanted to back a Hillary supporter so it doesn't look like that kind of frustration is coming from on side of the isle (kind of since I'm still a Democrat, but still). I wonder what the reaction from Clinton is on this, once she heard her daughter say this. Is this a sentiment shared by Clinton herself, or is it just something Chelsea feels because she has not done as much research and is speaking because of her relations to Hillary Clinton, rather than being a campaign manager with the message drilled into her heads? In English: is this Hillary's views or hers?

A reasonable Sandernista?  omg
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »

Obamacare is flawed, but it's here to stay.  Obama expended a sh**t ton of political capital just getting it passed, and he very nearly failed, and that was with a filibuster proof Democrat majority!  Even with a Democrat Congress, Sanders (or Clinton, for that matter) would not be able to get anything more passed.  There's no political will for it.  What people who want UHC should be doing is campaigning to get it passed at the state level, especially in states with initiative processes.  If single-payer is as popular as the Sandernistas claim it is, it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to get the people to vote for it either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies