Will Hillary Clinton's attacks help her?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:05:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Hillary Clinton's attacks help her?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Hillary attacking Bernie cause her poll numbers to recover?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Will Hillary Clinton's attacks help her?  (Read 1255 times)
MM876
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:28:00 AM »

Hillary is trying to claw the eyes out of anything that moves, every other article title is "Hillary is Slamming ______". Obviously this is the result of her falling poll numbers. Will her sudden offensive end up helping her or just making her look worse?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:39:33 AM »

Probably not but who knows?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 12:42:00 AM »

She entered raging banshee mode so no.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »

I'll be interested to see which Hillary Clinton walks onstage at the debate on Sunday.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 12:52:13 AM »

Has she not learned from 2008? No attackimg a likeable candidate is not the way to go
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 01:03:37 AM »

Has she not learned from 2008? No attackimg a likeable candidate is not the way to go

But Obama said she was likeable enough.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 01:30:45 AM »

No. She might as well start claiming again that she was a First Responder in the wake of 9/11 because Wall Street gave her money.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 01:31:22 AM »

No. She might as well start claiming again that she was a First Responder during 9/11 because Wall Street gave her money.

All while she was dodging sniper fire from Saddam's Al Qaeda.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 01:33:30 AM »

It seems to already be doing more bad than good for her. It may be an unfair and pessimistic reality, but positive campaigning from Clinton is seen as either pandering or disingenuous, while negative campaigning is a backlash machine and is seen as harpyish. Neither helps her, but negative campaigning will only serve to bring her down.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 01:39:34 AM »

She recently claimed that Sanders wants to leave healthcare up to the states...wtf is this?? Bernie has always pushed for universal healthcare...what a lie
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:25 AM »

She should just ignore him tbh.  I think by attacking him, she's drawing too much attention to an otherwise irrelevant candidate.  Why is she attacking Sanders and not equally irrelevant candidates like O'Malley and de la Fuente?  Doesn't make any sense to me.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 02:39:39 AM »

She should just ignore him tbh.  I think by attacking him, she's drawing too much attention to an otherwise irrelevant candidate.  Why is she attacking Sanders and not equally irrelevant candidates like O'Malley and de la Fuente?  Doesn't make any sense to me.

It'd be nice if instead of trolling you tried contributing to discussion in a meaningful way.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 02:50:54 AM »

It'd be nice if instead of trolling you tried contributing to discussion in a meaningful way.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 02:51:37 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 03:00:35 AM »

Next line of attack: "Bernie Sanders gave Obama's agenda the stinkeye at SOTU!"

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 03:03:29 AM »

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »

Also, you forgot WILLIE WILSON
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 08:18:47 AM »

She recently claimed that Sanders wants to leave healthcare up to the states...wtf is this?? Bernie has always pushed for universal healthcare...what a lie

ummm because that's exactly what his plan does? Bernie supporters really seem to have no idea that "universal healthcare" can mean more than federally-administered private insurance.
HillOfANight
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 08:43:32 AM »

Why is it fair that Bernie can claim she's bought by billionaires but she can't point out his record and lack of details for his plans?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 10:49:14 AM »

Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 10:54:53 AM »

I'm not a troll, I just like making posts that generate high energy discussion.
Trapsy

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2016, 03:17:58 PM by Trapsy »

"I wish that we could elect a Democratic president who could wave a magic wand and say, ‘We shall do this, and we shall do that.’ That ain’t the real world we’re living in!”

“The skies will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect,” she said archly in Providence, R.I. “Maybe I’ve just lived a little long, but I have no illusions about how hard this is going to be. You are not going to wave a magic wand and have the special interests disappear!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq8WdROWpAc

HRC needs to revive this!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 03:34:29 PM »

Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 08:36:50 PM »

"I wish that we could elect a Democratic president who could wave a magic wand and say, ‘We shall do this, and we shall do that.’ That ain’t the real world we’re living in!”

“The skies will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect,” she said archly in Providence, R.I. “Maybe I’ve just lived a little long, but I have no illusions about how hard this is going to be. You are not going to wave a magic wand and have the special interests disappear!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq8WdROWpAc

HRC needs to revive this!
Wow, that was prophetic.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 08:57:18 PM »

The Clinton v. Sanders dynamic is interesting because both candidates are almost universally liked by primary voters.  Its really a contest of priorities.  Clinton supporters are pragmatic, or even cynical.  Sanders supporters are idealistic, or even naive.

Clinton isn't going to get voters to dislike Sanders.  What she needs to do is change the mindset of the electorate.  She needs people to vote with their head, not with their heart.

She needs to remind people how hard it was to get Obamacare passed, even with a Democratic supermajority.  She needs to point out just how dysfunctional congress is, how it can barely pass a budget each year.  Her message should be that it takes more than hope to enact change, and she doesn't want the next president to have to learn the lessons of the past 8 years all over again. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies