What are the most important credentials for a presidential candidate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:01:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  What are the most important credentials for a presidential candidate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are the most important credentials for a presidential candidate?  (Read 3113 times)
TB
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2005, 08:06:28 AM »

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 05:46:48 PM »

Male genitalia
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 06:03:29 PM »

White Anglo-Saxon Protestant
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 08:53:38 PM »

Very enlightened comments so far...Smiley

Maybe accurate, but who knows?

I'd say leadership ability, optimism, and the ability to explain complicated problems in an easily understandable way.
SMOT

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 04:26:33 PM »

Leadership, knowing what you are talking about, and being liked by people and the media.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 10:41:09 PM »

Having a simple last name.
Cowboy
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 10:19:05 PM »

Cynics, aint you all? Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 01:09:18 AM »

35 years of age, being a native born American.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 02:22:36 AM »

35 years of age, being a native born American.

Intolerant religious prude Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 04:52:11 AM »

Ah yes, another credential he needs. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2005, 01:43:10 PM by kso »

Raving, looney, leftist, pro abortion, pro gay marriage wingnut.

Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to say

Raving, looney, right wing, anti abortion, anti gay marriage wingnut.

Actually, I meant to say

Executive and legislative ability and experience, a concensus builder, the ability to make tough decisions in a crisis, the ability to make tough decisions in more normal times, honesty, integrity, high moral standards, the ability to recognize and choose the best people for the administration, for the courts, for the government, and officials who will put the good of the nation first and foremost, someone who will truly uphold the constitution and the rule of law, the ability to communicate effectively at home and abroad, the ability to bring government officials, legislators, state leaders, local leaders, and Americans from all walks of life, together to work for the common good, someone who will not spend more than what is earned, the ability to unite and heal a divided nation, the ability to work well with foreign leaders and nations  to bring peace to a divided world, someone who will tell the truth, even if it's not always what people want to hear or believe, someone with respect for all mankind, regardless of race, color, or creed.   

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 11:55:51 PM »

Actually, I meant to say

Executive and legislative ability and experience, a concensus builder, the ability to make tough decisions in a crisis, the ability to make tough decisions in more normal times, honesty, integrity, high moral standards, the ability to recognize and choose the best people for the administration, for the courts, for the government, and officials who will put the good of the nation first and foremost, someone who will truly uphold the constitution and the rule of law, the ability to communicate effectively at home and abroad, the ability to bring government officials, legislators, state leaders, local leaders, and Americans from all walks of life, together to work for the common good, someone who will not spend more than what is earned, the ability to unite and heal a divided nation, the ability to work well with foreign leaders and nations  to bring peace to a divided world, someone who will tell the truth, even if it's not always what people want to hear or believe, someone with respect for all mankind, regardless of race, color, or creed.   

That's fabulous, and well said. Realistically, nobody will be a perfect match. Now, who come closest to those ideals?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 12:08:17 AM »

Actually, I meant to say

I hate to say this, but I want a president who is capable of running the country.  I truly believe that an evil president is better than inept one.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 02:03:56 PM »

Actually, I meant to say

That's fabulous, and well said. Realistically, nobody will be a perfect match. Now, who come closest to those ideals?

In my own humble opinion, I belive Mitt Romney comes closest to these ideals.  Not perfect, nobody is, but Romney embodies many of these qualities.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 02:09:23 PM »

Actually, I meant to say

I hate to say this, but I want a president who is capable of running the country.  I truly believe that an evil president is better than inept one.

Any President who has the above qualities would be "capable of running the country", believe me.  This President would certainly not be "evil", and this President would be anything but "inept". 

Now, where do we find such a President?  That is the question.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 05:43:45 PM »

So you'd vote Stalin over Carter? Not that Carter was inept, but people seem to think he was.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 07:03:17 PM »

So you'd vote Stalin over Carter? Not that Carter was inept, but people seem to think he was.

Statin was inept, remember the purges?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 04:07:15 PM »

what America thinks:prior political expirience
what I think:no prior political expirience
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 09:39:49 PM »

Not being the unpopular incumbent or a member of his/her party.
skybridge
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 10:10:41 AM »

Actually, I meant to say

I actually agree. I try to give credit for being effective when rating presidents.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies