Could I ever get elected to anything?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Could I ever get elected to anything?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Could I ever win elected office?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Could I ever get elected to anything?  (Read 1423 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:05:03 PM »

As the title implies, could I ever win elected office? If so, whats the highest office I'd have a shot at winning? I only wonder because it's been a lifelong goal of mine and most of you seem to hate me anyway, but do you guys think I could get anywhere?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:50:09 PM »

City councilman in a college district of a big city like Seattle or Oakland, possibly.

I mean, your open hatred of cops is going to be the first thing anyone finds when they google you. There's probably a few precincts in the US where that might be a positive.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:53:10 PM »

Thankfully none of that is under my real name and nor did I post any of that elsewhere on the net. I always wanted to run for Congress or for Governor or something. I guess it's damage control time.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 04:03:12 PM »

Making two polls about yourself in the span of a couple hours is generally a bad idea.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 04:06:22 PM »

Making two polls about yourself in the span of a couple hours is generally a bad idea.

Which proves one's detachment to community norms, a sure sign that one will be able to shift "hearts and minds" as the best political sociopaths know how.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 04:47:07 PM »

You think I'm a sociopath?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »

I was going to vote no, but Cathcon has convinced me otherwise.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »

all good politicians are, so you'd better hope so tbh
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 07:36:19 PM »

I was going to vote no, but Cathcon has convinced me otherwise.

I actually mis-typed. I meant to say "will not be able to 'shift hearts and minds'". Tongue The idea being that successful politicians have a sense of community norms, or at least can shape them, so as to ride a plurality of the population to victory. Wolverine, on the other hand, is unaware of how to manipulate us, the Atlas Forum, into approving of him, and as such displays a certain ineptitude in dealing with the public. Nevertheless, reading my mis-typed post, I guess I can see that being true as well. And yes, Wolfy, if you want power, I pray you don't have a soul to abandon along the way. It only makes things harder.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 09:06:53 PM »

As the title implies, could I ever win elected office? If so, whats the highest office I'd have a shot at winning? I only wonder because it's been a lifelong goal of mine and most of you seem to hate me anyway, but do you guys think I could get anywhere?

On here, most people who attack others are the ones you should feel sorry for. They usually accuse others of acting/being like how they fear they act.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 09:11:28 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2016, 09:13:09 PM by Teddy Lee, Bass God of the West »

Thankfully none of that is under my real name and nor did I post any of that elsewhere on the net. I always wanted to run for Congress or for Governor or something. I guess it's damage control time.

They always find out, unfortunately. The media will do anything to dig up dirt on you. However, don't give up! Lots of people have gone very far despite doing far worse things than posting anti-cop stuff on a rather obscure political forum.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 09:49:28 PM »

Didn't you basically say that as an elected official you would order a bunch of people to be burned to death for being dumb rednecks?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »

Nope.
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 09:56:43 PM »

What are your views?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 05:04:17 PM »

I'm basically your generic liberal Democrat, but with an independent streak on certain issues. Pro-choice, pro-government, pro-Union, anti-trade, pro-gun control and above all, I hate conservatism and Republicans. I strongly support tougher accountability laws on police and their treatment of people, and if elected to Congress, I'd introduce a bill to allow the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, the CIA, and the Department of Justice to collaborate with the Southern Poverty Law Center to shut down right-wing hate/terrorist groups and anti-government militias and arrest their members before they can commit more acts of terror.

The biggest problem would be getting rid of some skeletons in my closet. How do they always manage to do that?
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 05:05:58 PM »

Anyone could get elected to something. Will you is another question altogether.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »

Heck Clinton had slept with half of Arkansas-just be open and say 'I did xyz' in the past but now I've seen the past
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 08:38:44 PM »

Heck Clinton had slept with half of Arkansas-just be open and say 'I did xyz' in the past but now I've seen the past

I don't think it's that easy anymore.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 11:26:09 AM »

Openly hating Republicans unfortunately might win you some points in faux-intellectual white liberal areas like Jan Shakowsky's district, but as a rule saying you hate half the country's population isn't going to get you anywhere most of the time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »

Openly hating Republicans unfortunately might win you some points in faux-intellectual white liberal areas like Jan Shakowsky's district, but as a rule saying you hate half the country's population isn't going to get you anywhere most of the time.

I can't imagine ever becoming a big enough d0uche that I'm uttering things like "I hate all Democrats."
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »

I'm basically your generic liberal Democrat, but with an independent streak on certain issues. Pro-choice, pro-government, pro-Union, anti-trade, pro-gun control and above all, I hate conservatism and Republicans. I strongly support tougher accountability laws on police and their treatment of people, and if elected to Congress, I'd introduce a bill to allow the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, the CIA, and the Department of Justice to collaborate with the Southern Poverty Law Center to shut down right-wing hate/terrorist groups and anti-government militias and arrest their members before they can commit more acts of terror.

The biggest problem would be getting rid of some skeletons in my closet. How do they always manage to do that?

Don't worry, we hate you too. Grin
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »

And that's a badge I'd wear proudly. My campaign slogan would be, "Making right-wing heads explode since 1995" Cheesy
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »

And that's a badge I'd wear proudly. My campaign slogan would be, "Making right-wing heads explode since 1995" Cheesy

That explains a lot.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 12:47:48 PM »

That explains a lot.

Don't let that sucker ruin 1995 as a birthyear.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 01:55:33 PM »

That explains a lot.

Don't let that sucker ruin 1995 as a birthyear.

You're wise beyond your years and not a prime example, but as a (late) 1991er, I've learned that someone can be incredibly knowledgeable, intelligent, well-informed, whatever and still just lack the basic maturity (and by extension courtesy) that you gain from meeting other people with varying views and realizing that they're just regular dudes, by and large.  Like I said, depends on the person, but I've found the two years I've been out of college to be very eye-opening in this regard.

To "hate Republicans" (or "hate Democrats") shows a disturbing lack of maturity in my eyes.  Wolverine is probably closer to most college-aged people's political attitudes than yours, unfortunately. :/
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies