Could I ever get elected to anything? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:55:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Could I ever get elected to anything? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could I ever win elected office?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Could I ever get elected to anything?  (Read 1456 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: January 18, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »

Openly hating Republicans unfortunately might win you some points in faux-intellectual white liberal areas like Jan Shakowsky's district, but as a rule saying you hate half the country's population isn't going to get you anywhere most of the time.

I can't imagine ever becoming a big enough d0uche that I'm uttering things like "I hate all Democrats."
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »

I'm basically your generic liberal Democrat, but with an independent streak on certain issues. Pro-choice, pro-government, pro-Union, anti-trade, pro-gun control and above all, I hate conservatism and Republicans. I strongly support tougher accountability laws on police and their treatment of people, and if elected to Congress, I'd introduce a bill to allow the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, the CIA, and the Department of Justice to collaborate with the Southern Poverty Law Center to shut down right-wing hate/terrorist groups and anti-government militias and arrest their members before they can commit more acts of terror.

The biggest problem would be getting rid of some skeletons in my closet. How do they always manage to do that?

Don't worry, we hate you too. Grin

And that's a badge I'd wear proudly. My campaign slogan would be, "Making right-wing heads explode since 1995" Cheesy

That explains a lot.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:55:33 PM »

I'm basically your generic liberal Democrat, but with an independent streak on certain issues. Pro-choice, pro-government, pro-Union, anti-trade, pro-gun control and above all, I hate conservatism and Republicans. I strongly support tougher accountability laws on police and their treatment of people, and if elected to Congress, I'd introduce a bill to allow the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, the CIA, and the Department of Justice to collaborate with the Southern Poverty Law Center to shut down right-wing hate/terrorist groups and anti-government militias and arrest their members before they can commit more acts of terror.

The biggest problem would be getting rid of some skeletons in my closet. How do they always manage to do that?

Don't worry, we hate you too. Grin

And that's a badge I'd wear proudly. My campaign slogan would be, "Making right-wing heads explode since 1995" Cheesy

That explains a lot.

Don't let that sucker ruin 1995 as a birthyear.

You're wise beyond your years and not a prime example, but as a (late) 1991er, I've learned that someone can be incredibly knowledgeable, intelligent, well-informed, whatever and still just lack the basic maturity (and by extension courtesy) that you gain from meeting other people with varying views and realizing that they're just regular dudes, by and large.  Like I said, depends on the person, but I've found the two years I've been out of college to be very eye-opening in this regard.

To "hate Republicans" (or "hate Democrats") shows a disturbing lack of maturity in my eyes.  Wolverine is probably closer to most college-aged people's political attitudes than yours, unfortunately. :/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies