Jeb puts up anti Trump Ad in NH that might draw blood.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:54:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb puts up anti Trump Ad in NH that might draw blood.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb puts up anti Trump Ad in NH that might draw blood.  (Read 926 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2016, 10:54:57 AM »

Yes, for once, Jeb puts up an ad that I think is pretty effective. It is good evidence that Trump is indeed "a jerk."  Just my opinion. What do you think Lief?

I didn't see this ad mentioned in another thread, but if it was, I apologize in advance for duplicating it here.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2016, 11:06:59 AM by EliteLX »

Most ads my buddy Jeb puts up would be effective for intelligent primary voters who don't plug their ears because they make a massive point about the potential dangers, Donny just has a lot of brain dead supporters who would follow him even if he endorsed the NSDAP because he's "telling it like it is". Jeb Bush's campaign & advertisements are like showing a powerpoint on the blatant facts of evolution to a southern baptist private school teaching creationism in Alabama.

God Bless the wise Republicans out there. But yes, definitely one of the best ads out of his series.
yankeesfan
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:10:36 AM »

That's a pretty good ad.  I'm surprised people haven't slung more mud at Trump for things like this.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »

This is absolutely an amazing ad. Trump throwing out insults like that is why I am so against him, and honestly, I'm glad Jeb Bush is pointing this out.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 11:34:58 AM »

A well done ad by Jeb, but I've no idea if it will do any damage to Trump's popularity or not.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 11:50:03 AM »

Gag. Bush pulling from the leftist victimization playbook with the condescending I'm-getting-offended-on-behalf-of-a-minority-group-I'm-not-a-part-of card. That poor little reporter obviously can't stand up for himself (being disabled he's CLEARLY incapable), but by gum Jeb Bush is here to stand up for him. Let's all stand around and pat each other on the back for just how brave and good we are!

Give me a freaking break.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »

Look at the likes/dislikes bar...
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 11:54:26 AM »

I wouldn't call it "amazing".  It's certainly not going to hurt Trump.  But it's definitely better than most of the guy's other crappy ads lol.  He really needs to turn off the likes/dislikes on his youtube videos though.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 12:08:36 PM »

I don't think this is even going to scratch Trump.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 12:15:29 PM »

Jeb is irrelevant.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 12:30:50 PM »

I wonder if this'll have the same effect as Jeb's other 50,000 ads.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 12:38:12 PM »

This development didn't draw blood when it occurred. I don't know why bringing it up again will do anything different.

That, and I think the ad's effectiveness is immediately drained when it starts with Jeb calling Trump a "jerk". It's just such a weak attack.

And of course Torie is continuing with his concern trolling titles as usual Roll Eyes
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 12:50:45 PM »

If Jeb's SuperPAC were smart, they'd drive home the Pro-Life angle on this HARD, but the idiotic Beltway Establishment Types still don't get how deeply abortion resonates with the Republican base.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »

This development didn't draw blood when it occurred. I don't know why bringing it up again will do anything different.

That, and I think the ad's effectiveness is immediately drained when it starts with Jeb calling Trump a "jerk". It's just such a weak attack.

And of course Torie is continuing with his concern trolling titles as usual Roll Eyes

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but what is this penchant for posters to misuse the term "concern trolling" so consistently? All that tells me is that the poster reads Daily Kos (which popularized the term), and thinks it's a good weapon to wield to try to silence and intimidate other posters. But hey, have at it! It's a free country.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 01:34:26 PM »

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but what is this penchant for posters to misuse the term "concern trolling" so consistently? All that tells me is that the poster reads Daily Kos (which popularized the term), and thinks it's a good weapon to wield to try to silence and intimidate other posters. But hey, have at it! It's a free country.

I don't read Daily Kos much at all, and I'm not trying to intimidate and silence other posters, I just think your title is incredibly misleading and generally your thread titles are attention grabbing and misleading.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:18 PM »

The ad is effective, in where it recalls how Trump used disparaging remarks and mocked the reporter's disability.
I said it months ago, that if Trump becomes the Rep candidate, this is exactly the kind of ads that the Dem's will be playing all day and all night.
Yes, the ad will have very little effect now in the Rep primaries. (Bush does not have a chance for the nomination, by the way.)
But as we approach the general election, these types of ads will dissuade a small to moderate amount of people who are "undecided," which will be enough to give the Dems a win in November.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:49 PM »

I don't read Daily Kos much at all, and I'm not trying to intimidate and silence other posters, I just think your title is incredibly misleading and generally your thread titles are attention grabbing and misleading.

OK, I don't agree, but in any case, that is not "concern trolling." What is misleading about this title by the way? I mean, it was put up by Jeb, it's anti Trump, and what is misleading about putting up my opinion that it might prove effective? I just found it noteworthy that Jeb finally put up an ad that was not a "fail" is all. Yes, some of my titles tend to be "attention grabbing." That is what attention whores tend to do. Maybe I missed my calling by not being a tabloid paper editor or something. Tongue

Thanks again for offering your opinion.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2016, 01:52:35 PM by ProudModerate2 »

What's wrong with a title that is "attention grabbing" ??
And "misleading" is debatable.
Besides actions like "attention grabbing" and "misleading" are all about politics.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 02:02:13 PM »

Weak add from a low energy candidate. He is low energy even when he is angry. Listen to his subdued pitch when he says "Donald Trump is a jerk".

I won't waste any more time on that pathetic loser.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 02:08:30 PM »

I'm puzzled about why the other Pubs as well as the RNC leadership have treated Trump with, relatively speaking, such kid gloves for so long.  I mean, why not release ads on "family values" about his marriages?  Why not ads about trust with regard to his business dealings?  Why not hit him much harder on his former party affiliations, his friendship with the Clintons, and on and on.  Has the party been happy that he has energized interest up until now?  Have they just underestimated him?  I mean, pointing out that he is jerk is fine, because he is one--to put it kindly.  But a lot of Trump's appeal is precisely railing against, and openly blowing off, PC.  If that's what his supporters like, then this ad won't cut into that support much.  Though it might get to some voters who have only just started paying attention.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2016, 02:31:44 PM by Torie »

I'm puzzled about why the other Pubs as well as the RNC leadership have treated Trump with, relatively speaking, such kid gloves for so long.  I mean, why not release ads on "family values" about his marriages?  Why not ads about trust with regard to his business dealings?  Why not hit him much harder on his former party affiliations, his friendship with the Clintons, and on and on.  Has the party been happy that he has energized interest up until now?  Have they just underestimated him?  I mean, pointing out that he is jerk is fine, because he is one--to put it kindly.  But a lot of Trump's appeal is precisely railing against, and openly blowing off, PC.  If that's what his supporters like, then this ad won't cut into that support much.  Though it might get to some voters who have only just started paying attention.

Because they don't want to annoy his voters unless and until they really have to. They will potentially be needed later. And Kasich and Jeb just don't have the pugilistic skills to throw a punch that takes their opponent down. Right now, I suspect the Establishment Pub dream or fantasy or whatever, is that Cruz and Trump will now tear each other apart, leaving them both wounded and bleeding. Tonight's debate might be more interesting than the earlier one's have been.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 02:20:34 PM »

It would be interesting to see how much money Bush is actually putting into airing this TV spot. It is 60 seconds long, which is twice as expensive as most commercials. I suspect that this is one of those things where they produce an ad and air it a few times but mostly are trying to get free media buzz. It is noteworthy that I believe this is the first Bush campaign (not PAC) TV commercial that attacks another candidate.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 02:40:35 PM »

FF.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom