Democrats: Will you support your primary opponent in the general election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:02:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democrats: Will you support your primary opponent in the general election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Democrats only: Will you vote for Clinton if Sanders wins/Sanders if Clinton wins?
Clinton Supporter/Yes Sanders

Clinton Supporter/No Sanders

Sanders Supporter/Yes Clinton

Sanders Supporter/No Clinton

Wilson/O'Malley/De La Fuente Supporter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Democrats: Will you support your primary opponent in the general election?  (Read 2309 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »

Some of you are Clinton supporters and some of you are Sanders supporters. Should the Democrat you do not currently support win the nomination, will you vote for that candidate in the general election?
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:18:25 PM »

Absolutely.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:19:36 PM »

I'll only vote for one candidate: WILLIE WILSON.
Zache

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:22:21 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2016, 03:23:55 PM by Zache »

I'll probably end up voting for Clinton in the Florida primary if I change to Democratic party affiliation. I'll vote for whoever ends up the Democratic nominee in the end though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »

Yes
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »

It will depend. I may vote for Webb, but it all depends who Hillary picks as VP and how honest I feel she is by next November.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 05:43:13 PM »

Gladly and with enthusiasm. This country can't take four years of a Republican administration.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »

Probably not.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »

If Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz is the Republican nominee, I'll have no choice sadly.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 06:12:04 PM »

I don't have a vote, but am supporting Hillary and would not support a candidate like Bernie Sanders over someone like Trump, who, while admittedly similarly anti-immigrant and demagogic, would at least stand up to ISIS.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 06:17:13 PM »

I support Clinton and could not support Sanders in the general should he win the nomination. I just don't think he is qualified to be President.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 06:18:14 PM »

[insert negative comment about Sanders here]
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »

Yes, of course.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 06:47:14 PM »

If some lunatic like Cruz or Rubio wins the Republican nomination, I will enthusiastically vote for Bernie Sanders.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 06:50:53 PM »

Nah, I'd vote for the inevitable Indy candidate who would arise in a Trump/Sanders match-up. Or maybe Rubio. Sanders is a nut.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 06:54:25 PM »

Yes, I will vote for Sanders in the Primary, but will certainly vote for Hillary in the General if she is the nominee.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 07:17:56 PM »

I support Clinton and could not support Sanders in the general should he win the nomination. I just don't think he is qualified to be President.

What a pleasant surprise, DrScholl. Will you support TRUMP then?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 07:19:09 PM »

If some lunatic like Cruz or Rubio wins the Republican nomination, I will enthusiastically vote for Bernie Sanders.

That won't happen so you are for TRUMP then?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »

What a pleasant surprise, DrScholl. Will you support TRUMP then?

No, I'll write in Clinton.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 07:33:54 PM »

Gladly and with enthusiasm. This country can't take four years of a Republican administration.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 07:52:50 PM »

[insert negative comment about Sanders here]
Why not use some of your own quotes?
Looks like someone escaped from the loony bin lol
I think that, in this scenario, the American people would come together to vote against the candidate who is an obvious danger to the integrity of our democratic institutions.  Demogoguery can only get you so far, and eventually America will wake up to the fact that they're being sold snake oil by a man dead set on destroying the constitutional foundations of this country. 

TRUMP would destroy Sanders.
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Did Hitler have to personally gas my people to be responsible for The Holocaust?  Sanders and his cult are directly responsible for the rampant gun violence in this country and need to be held responsible by any means possible.
Sanders' record is that of a gun nut and a man deep up the NRA's rectum.
Lots of conspiracy theories and little evidence.  Typical of the Sandernista camp.

Meanwhile, the loon himself is literally robbing the American people with his multi-billion dollar shampaign.
This was just a sampling of some your anti-Sanders quotes in the last week. They take up almost half the stuff you post. You must really hate Sanders. In one of your other posts you mentioned that you once held a higher opinion of Sanders, but it has since dropped. What happened?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 07:59:15 PM »

In one of your other posts you mentioned that you once held a higher opinion of Sanders, but it has since dropped. What happened?

He became a troll.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 08:02:54 PM »

Yes I'd vote for Sanders.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 08:11:32 PM »

In one of your other posts you mentioned that you once held a higher opinion of Sanders, but it has since dropped. What happened?

He became a troll.

Yes, unfortunately the good Senator, perhaps inspired by his supporters, has become a troll over the past few months. Very sad.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 08:27:36 PM »

This was just a sampling of some your anti-Sanders quotes in the last week. They take up almost half the stuff you post. You must really hate Sanders. In one of your other posts you mentioned that you once held a higher opinion of Sanders, but it has since dropped. What happened?

I used to think that he was just a harmless progressive who had some unfortunate views on things like foreign policy and guns.  Now I think he's literally one of the most horrible people in American politics.  He's a political fraud, merrily destroying the activist left in this country with his hopeless campaign.  He has ridiculous beliefs on a myriad of issues.  On issues where he has reasonable positions, he dumbs down his rhetoric to the point where he sounds like a broken record and a frothing at the mouth conspiracy theorist.  And let's not even get into the crooks he's hired to run his shampaign.

But what pisses me off almost as much are his supporters.  They're ing annoying on the internet and ing annoying in real life.  Many of them are some of the smuggest, sh**ttiest sh**tty white liberals the planet has ever seen.  They're openly hostile and intensely condescending towards anyone who doesn't share their sh**tty ivory tower worldview and support their cult leader as uncritically as they do.  You should've seen the vitriol they spewed at my friends when they dared to take the mic from Saint Bernie at one of his sad little rallies.  Honestly by far the most racist and misogynist comments I've heard from any supporters have come from Sandernistas.  Double plus points on the misogyny too.  The vast majority of critiques of Clinton (and that ev0l harpy DWS!) I've heard from these people are laced with gendered slurs.  If a large portion of Sandernistas act like Reddit-trawling gamergater sh**tlords, it's because they are.  

I think my respect for Sanders would go up significantly if he took one minute to call out some of the bullsh**t his supporters have been spewing.  But he won't, because all of the evidence so far points to the fact that he's every bit as much a condescending lunatic as they are.  

tl;dr, if I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, the Devil, and Bernie Sanders, I'd shoot Sanders twice.

You're right about that, my friend. I am an independent, and some of Bernie's proposals, are good, but the supporters are very cult-like. If Hillary Clinton loses in November, Sanders' supporters may be responsible for a Presidents Cruz, Trump, Christie, Rubio.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies