Democrats: Will you support your primary opponent in the general election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:42:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democrats: Will you support your primary opponent in the general election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Democrats only: Will you vote for Clinton if Sanders wins/Sanders if Clinton wins?
Clinton Supporter/Yes Sanders

Clinton Supporter/No Sanders

Sanders Supporter/Yes Clinton

Sanders Supporter/No Clinton

Wilson/O'Malley/De La Fuente Supporter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Democrats: Will you support your primary opponent in the general election?  (Read 2341 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 13, 2016, 08:27:36 PM »

This was just a sampling of some your anti-Sanders quotes in the last week. They take up almost half the stuff you post. You must really hate Sanders. In one of your other posts you mentioned that you once held a higher opinion of Sanders, but it has since dropped. What happened?

I used to think that he was just a harmless progressive who had some unfortunate views on things like foreign policy and guns.  Now I think he's literally one of the most horrible people in American politics.  He's a political fraud, merrily destroying the activist left in this country with his hopeless campaign.  He has ridiculous beliefs on a myriad of issues.  On issues where he has reasonable positions, he dumbs down his rhetoric to the point where he sounds like a broken record and a frothing at the mouth conspiracy theorist.  And let's not even get into the crooks he's hired to run his shampaign.

But what pisses me off almost as much are his supporters.  They're ing annoying on the internet and ing annoying in real life.  Many of them are some of the smuggest, sh**ttiest sh**tty white liberals the planet has ever seen.  They're openly hostile and intensely condescending towards anyone who doesn't share their sh**tty ivory tower worldview and support their cult leader as uncritically as they do.  You should've seen the vitriol they spewed at my friends when they dared to take the mic from Saint Bernie at one of his sad little rallies.  Honestly by far the most racist and misogynist comments I've heard from any supporters have come from Sandernistas.  Double plus points on the misogyny too.  The vast majority of critiques of Clinton (and that ev0l harpy DWS!) I've heard from these people are laced with gendered slurs.  If a large portion of Sandernistas act like Reddit-trawling gamergater sh**tlords, it's because they are.  

I think my respect for Sanders would go up significantly if he took one minute to call out some of the bullsh**t his supporters have been spewing.  But he won't, because all of the evidence so far points to the fact that he's every bit as much a condescending lunatic as they are.  

tl;dr, if I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, the Devil, and Bernie Sanders, I'd shoot Sanders twice.

You're right about that, my friend. I am an independent, and some of Bernie's proposals, are good, but the supporters are very cult-like. If Hillary Clinton loses in November, Sanders' supporters may be responsible for a Presidents Cruz, Trump, Christie, Rubio.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies