Do you do drugs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:32:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you do drugs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you do drugs?
Yes, soft core drugs (pot)

Yes, hard drugs

Yes, addicted to prescription drugs

Yes, all of the above

I don't take drugs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Do you do drugs?  (Read 3042 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »

smoked ganja once, wasn't that great
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2016, 07:31:28 PM »

No, just prescriptions, and I'm not addicted to them.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2016, 01:30:49 AM »

No, I don't really see what the attraction is. I don't even like drinking alcohol.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »

second option
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2016, 03:46:49 AM »

In situation where killing is sin and just socially wrong I don't want to say such things but:

kill your local drug dealer kid

yep, it's a big faux pas alright

Phew, try to say somewhere that you are murderer. They will kick you out from your country club and you will lost your place in the marina and you will have no place for your yacht :I

but sometimes drug help your dad go butter
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »

I suffer from chronic pain and other health complications with my internal organs. Every doctor I've been to has been clueless or a liar. I've been on different types of prescription pills to manage pain but they either me made me bleed internally, or didn't work despite the increased risk of liver damage. I'm unable to safely (nor do I really like to) consume alcohol to take the edge off either. So now I self-medicate with marijuana somewhat regularly. I'd be lying if I said that my use was entirely medical.

I'm also no longer able to consume caffeine, which sucks, so now I smoke tobacco between classes at law school to stay awake. Other than that no current drug use, although I've done LSD once before.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »

Just weed.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:22 PM »

I suffer from chronic pain and other health complications with my internal organs. Every doctor I've been to has been clueless or a liar. I've been on different types of prescription pills to manage pain but they either me made me bleed internally, or didn't work despite the increased risk of liver damage. I'm unable to safely (nor do I really like to) consume alcohol to take the edge off either. So now I self-medicate with marijuana somewhat regularly. I'd be lying if I said that my use was entirely medical.

I'm also no longer able to consume caffeine, which sucks, so now I smoke tobacco between classes at law school to stay awake. Other than that no current drug use, although I've done LSD once before.
I'm sorry, dude. I hope they find out what it is and will give you proper medication.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 09:28:46 PM »

Never have, and if I ever did, it would probably only be in brownie form.

Being clean in all other things I do have a little dependency on alcohol...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »

Tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine. Due to what I hope to be my career, have to stave off the other stuff.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2016, 11:48:02 PM »

I've also been with people who are smoking pot too and that will get me to leave. Smoken things prevent a person from being present but not partaking. I passionately despise pot.

Why -- because it smells gross, or because of contact high?

Both. I tend to get away from smokers of all types but the contact high part makes marijuana extra horrible to be around.

The former is fair, but outside of unrealistic situations with no (or virtually no) ventilation, contact high is effectively a myth.

I've also been with people who are smoking pot too and that will get me to leave. Smoken things prevent a person from being present but not partaking. I passionately despise pot.

Why -- because it smells gross, or because of contact high?

Or you know, because of the health dangers from being in a room with smoke?

His language ("passionately despise pot" but moreso his description of secondhand smoke as "partaking") was kind of a red flag for me that he didn't just mean avoiding smoke -- like I said, "contact high" is probably, in almost every real-world case, a totally psychological phenomenon.  But not wanting to inhale smoke is a totally reasonable concern.  It seems ridiculously rude to me to smoke marijuana around people who aren't down with it, although vaporizing is a more ambiguous case, since it's obviously less irritating and safer (although it's still reasonable to avoid if you want to be risk-adverse -- there's apparently some high ammonia content released by some vaporizers.)

Not a pot guy.  Just being an obnoxious science jerk here.

The study you linked to suggests that it is possible to get a second-hand high from marijuana in poorly ventilated rooms. If anything, it tells me I ought to be more concerned than before reading it. Sure, it shows that in a sufficiently ventilated room there next to no chance at all of getting a second hand high. But the relevant scenario for me would be a poorly ventilated room in a 90-year old apartment building in Madison in January when every crevice connected with the outdoors is sealed as best as possible.

Still, I'm not seriously worried about failing a drug test. It will be a while before I would have any reason to take one. I just want to stay away from the stuff.

The "passionately despise" part was mostly a reference to the smell. The "partaking" was a reference to the possibility of a second-hand high.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies