Nevada Solar-Law Author Concerned as Solar Companies Flee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:01:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nevada Solar-Law Author Concerned as Solar Companies Flee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nevada Solar-Law Author Concerned as Solar Companies Flee  (Read 412 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2016, 09:54:41 AM »

link-bloomberg
You must be logged in to read this quote.
That seems like complete horse sh**t to me.  Even if what the power company says is true about it helping to pay for the infrastructure (I'm not buying it), it still is really messed up to make it retroactive.

But this opens up the bigger discussion...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
As we transition from the current model to one where many people provide some, all or more than all of their electricity needs themselves, we need to make sure we don't bone the early adopters or it's going to take forever.  Or maybe a system where most people generate their own power isn't ideal?  I don't know.  Thoughts?

edit-I'm not even sure this is the right forum for this, mods, feel free to move to Individual Politics or whatever.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »

Depends on what they meant by retroactive.  If they meant the new rate structure would apply to existing solar installations on a going forward basis, I'm fine with that unless their contracts specified rates for a particular period of time.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 08:13:34 PM »

Most utilities are operating a dinosaur model, so I'm not surprised their methods to claw back their dominance are so crude.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 02:32:58 PM »

Depends on what they meant by retroactive.  If they meant the new rate structure would apply to existing solar installations on a going forward basis, I'm fine with that unless their contracts specified rates for a particular period of time.

What you are failing to realize is solar is an expensive undertaking with a long payback period.  I would be mighty pissed if the federal and state government lured me into a multidecade project with false projections and then up ended the terms of the deal a couple of years in.  That's what people like me call fraud.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies