Draft Gabu for President!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:24:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Draft Gabu for President!  (Read 1230 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 04:28:13 PM »

I would prefer Gabu remain as Senator PPT(otherwise I would have considered him for my VP pick). He's one of the best we have.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 04:42:01 PM »

I would prefer Gabu remain as Senator PPT(otherwise I would have considered him for my VP pick). He's one of the best we have.

Sam Spade would make a good PPT.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 04:42:22 PM »

Of course, the fact that I could be a threat has nothing to do with it. Tongue

Seriously, though, I don't think I would make a very good president.  As I've said in the past, I'm far too unopinionated and generally indecisive until I'm sure that what I'm doing is the right choice.  I feel that I'd need to be much more sure of myself and my stances, and, bluntly, to have a much larger ego before I would make a good executive figure; as such, I personally think I'm more suited to administrative duties.

I'm flattered by the mention, however.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 04:46:45 PM »

LOL. Well, there is that, but I seriously did consider you for VP, but as I said I like you where you are because you're so damn good at it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 04:51:38 PM »

LOL. Well, there is that, but I seriously did consider you for VP, but as I said I like you where you are because you're so damn good at it.

Am I threat in terms of the delusional Libertarian voters?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 04:53:52 PM »

Being PPT involves making such daring and bold actions as "making threads to introduce legislation" and "opening and closing votes".  I have no idea why everyone seems to be so impressed by the fact that I can competently perform simple administrative duties, but thank you nonetheless. Smiley
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 04:54:53 PM »

Gabu, you would be a great President.  Just run, you know you want to.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 07:01:39 PM »

Being PPT involves making such daring and bold actions as "making threads to introduce legislation" and "opening and closing votes".  I have no idea why everyone seems to be so impressed by the fact that I can competently perform simple administrative duties, but thank you nonetheless. Smiley

That's just it - you can perform them without the beauracratic bullsh**t! Grin

Am I threat in terms of the delusional Libertarian voters?

Only on Arbor day. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 07:07:02 PM »

Think of all the things I've done for you MAS.  You would have never been elected Senator if I hadn't posted those Akno tapes giving you a political surge in the polls.

Vote for King! Wink
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 07:12:53 PM »

Here's the thing, and Gabu himself would probably agree.

Some people are simply suited exceedingly well for a certain job because they would basically be good at anything.  Then, some others are very well suited for a job because they have particular characteristics and hold that job at exactly the right time.  US Grant was a terrible everything, but a great General in the Civil War.

Gabu is perfectly suited to be a manager and a compromiser in the Senate PPT role, but he does not have the kind of clear agenda or far reaching vision that would be desired in a President.  He's a good fit where he is, but not necessarily a good fit in certain other roles.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 07:23:06 PM »

Think of all the things I've done for you MAS.  You would have never been elected Senator if I hadn't posted those Akno tapes giving you a political surge in the polls.

Vote for King! Wink

Didn't I just see you endorse Max Power?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 07:25:03 PM »

Vote for King! Wink

That doesn't mean that you couldn't see him as the best candidate for President. Though maybe we'd agree that he isn't and that I happen to hold that title.  Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 07:29:32 PM »

Some people are simply suited exceedingly well for a certain job because they would basically be good at anything.  Then, some others are very well suited for a job because they have particular characteristics and hold that job at exactly the right time.  US Grant was a terrible everything, but a great General in the Civil War.

Gabu is perfectly suited to be a manager and a compromiser in the Senate PPT role, but he does not have the kind of clear agenda or far reaching vision that would be desired in a President.  He's a good fit where he is, but not necessarily a good fit in certain other roles.

That's basically what I was saying in my first post.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2005, 07:34:43 PM »

Vote for King! Wink

That was a joke, I am currently lean MAS (but to make my vote easier, I am going to introduce a Northeast Constitutional Amendment soon).
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2005, 08:38:02 PM »

That's basically what I was saying in my first post.

I know, that's why I said we'd probably agree. Smiley
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2005, 10:27:46 PM »

It's probably because no one else ever bothered to even do those simple duties. You're the first!
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 12:30:33 AM »

Just support the poster from the same city as you are. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 12:31:54 AM »

Just support the poster from the same city as you are. Smiley

What, you're running too?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 12:37:26 AM »

No. Did you go to Mount Doug for high school? I have some friends there...
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 12:38:17 AM »

No. Did you go to Mount Doug for high school? I have some friends there...

Yes, I did; I graduated in the last year before the middle school thing came into play.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies