Donald Trump/Sarah Palin ticket
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:08:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump/Sarah Palin ticket
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Donald Trump/Sarah Palin ticket  (Read 3482 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 01:04:32 AM »

Face it, if Trump is the nominee, he will be going down to a monumental defeat.

Palin would not help.

Trump has rattled off a whole list of states he says he will win, including New York. 

He is delusional.
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 01:07:27 AM »

Face it, if Trump is the nominee, he will be going down to a monumental defeat.

Palin would not help.

Trump has rattled off a whole list of states he says he will win, including New York. 

He is delusional.

Hopefully he just meant the primaries. He has the presence and confidence to win the general election whether people like it or not.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »

South Park could run an entire season ripping on that ticket alone.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 08:52:31 AM »

I wonder if Palin on the ticket could possibly put Alaska in play. I hear she isn't very popular up there at all.

I absolutely think it could. Every poll I've seen out of Alaska shows that she's usually the only Republican who loses to Hillary. The people of Alaska have a lot of reasons to be resentful towards her. Alaska has also been swinging consistently Democratic in presidential elections since 2004.

But I don't think she will accept any government position, vice president or cabinet member, because that would require her working and having to think to solve problems and she's having too much fun being a has-been celebrity and right-wing talking head. I don't think Trump is that stupid to put her on the ticket after watching her 2008 disaster.

Then again, Trump is a celebrity too so...
Krago
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 09:59:45 AM »

I wonder if Palin on the ticket could possibly put Alaska in play. I hear she isn't very popular up there at all.

I absolutely think it could. Every poll I've seen out of Alaska shows that she's usually the only Republican who loses to Hillary. The people of Alaska have a lot of reasons to be resentful towards her. Alaska has also been swinging consistently Democratic in presidential elections since 2004.

But I don't think she will accept any government position, vice president or cabinet member, because that would require her working and having to think to solve problems and she's having too much fun being a has-been celebrity and right-wing talking head. I don't think Trump is that stupid to put her on the ticket after watching her 2008 disaster.

Then again, Trump is a celebrity too so...

Alaskans Prefer Hillary Clinton Over Sarah Palin, Poll Finds
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »

Trump (probably) wants to win the election. Picking Sarah Palin as a VP won't help. I think he will pick someone like himself, high energy (or whatever you want to call it), maybe a businessman, probably not someone usually mentioned in VP speculation.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »

Trump (probably) wants to win the election. Picking Sarah Palin as a VP won't help. I think he will pick someone like himself, high energy (or whatever you want to call it), maybe a businessman, probably not someone usually mentioned in VP speculation.

Of course Trump wants to win, but he's incredibly arrogant, even for a presidential candidate. It's served him well so far (something that the likes of Politico and 538 still don't understand), but picking Palin as his VP could push things too far.
JMT

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this happened. She's the only major political figure who has thrown her support behind him, he doesn't have any other endorsements from governors, senators, or reps. They've had a strong relationship for awhile now, and she's never attacked him or said bad things about him. She's certainly not "low energy", a quality that is important to Trump. And she would get the conservative republican base excited. And it would put a woman on the ticket, which is important considering they most likely will be running against Hillary. Don't get me wrong, I think Palin is a moron and knows very little about policy, and a Trump / Palin administration is truly a scary thought. But I could see Donald Trump picking her as VP.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 11:41:38 PM »

Palin is a random name to throw out there as his VP especially with no possibility of it but it does make for a good field day amongst the far left.  He'll pick Mark Cuban.

Donald Trump takes great pleasure defying conventional wisdom, and not getting burned in the process -haven't you learned that by now?  
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 11:43:34 PM »

The defeat would be so massive that it might cause Republicans to completely reinvent themselves.

You're actually selling it kind of well to me, LOL.
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 11:53:10 PM »

Palin is a random name to throw out there as his VP especially with no possibility of it but it does make for a good field day amongst the far left.  He'll pick Mark Cuban.

Donald Trump takes great pleasure defying conventional wisdom, and not getting burned in the process -haven't you learned that by now?  

No it's just politics. He wants to win.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies