confirmed. Palin endorses Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:54:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  confirmed. Palin endorses Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: confirmed. Palin endorses Trump  (Read 6654 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2016, 12:34:42 AM »

Coming up next: George Zimmerman to endorse Trump!

Isn't he a Democrat? He probably supports Sanders.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2016, 01:27:57 AM »

Palin endorsement of Trump will only help Dems.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2016, 01:46:55 AM »

She butchers the English language about as badly as Florence Foster Jenkins butchered opera arias.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2016, 01:53:39 AM »

Insofar as it helps vault Trump to the Republican nomination and you perceive him as the weakest candidate to take on Hillary, that's true.  But I don't see it weakening him with any key constituencies.  Independents who supported him before won't particularly care if he attempts to flaunt his Tea Party bona fides, and those who see many of his current positions as too extreme will likely never support him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2016, 01:55:59 AM »

I didnt say it will weaken his with Tea Party, it will weaken him with Latinos, who hold the cards to election in SW already, who already dont like Trump.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 02:03:56 AM »

I didnt say it will weaken his with Tea Party, it will weaken him with Latinos, who hold the cards to election in SW already, who already dont like Trump.

I think that any Latinos who have supported him or are considering supporting him despite the comments he has made about illegal immigrants are probably conservative enough to not care about an endorsement from Sarah.  But we'll see, I guess.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 02:26:56 AM »

If you're a Latino and are supporting Trump despite... everything, Sarah Palin's endorsement almost certainly isn't going to be what dissuades you.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2016, 02:41:09 AM »

Coming up next: George Zimmerman to endorse Trump!

Isn't he a Democrat? He probably supports Sanders.

Obviously he must be a huge fan of Killer Mike.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2016, 03:37:51 AM »

Insofar as it helps vault Trump to the Republican nomination and you perceive him as the weakest candidate to take on Hillary, that's true.  But I don't see it weakening him with any key constituencies.  Independents who supported him before won't particularly care if he attempts to flaunt his Tea Party bona fides, and those who see many of his current positions as too extreme will likely never support him.

Yes, but there could be a segment of Independents and moderate Republicans, who are just barely in Trump's corner, and things like this could end-up dissuading them to vote for him in the general election. It could be very small portion of the electorate, but a 1 or 2 additional percent loss in the vital key states, is enough to give the Dem's an easy/easier win come November.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 03:59:17 AM »

Man, that must have been the greatest 50 mins in the history of US campaigns. From Trump stumping George Will to crazy Palin talking about the "dill"...hilarious. A couple of times I literally wondered if this was really happening.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 06:39:26 AM »

Latinos supporting Trump arent in CO, NV or NM, they are in OK, AZ , Northern FL and TX
 Non battlegrounds. Clinton will win the SW.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 07:00:49 AM »

I feel like I lost 10 IQ points listening to her endorsement. She truly is an insult to the English language, on the same level as Dubya.

This must be driving the GOP establishment crazy seeing their party taken over by the nuts.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 07:20:27 AM »

This must be driving the GOP establishment crazy seeing their party taken over by the nuts.

They have only themselves to blame for feeding the haters over the last 40 years for electoral gain.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 08:51:34 AM »

This is very very disturbing. Palin now definately seems like a person who (like Trump) is only concerned about being liked and popular and doesn't have a strong allegiance to the principles of the US or any principles at all. She is so ego driven. She isn't an intellectual by any stretch of the imagination and appeals to the very worst in people.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 09:43:24 AM »

American politics...never disappoints. My moment of the night:

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:47 PM »

Implications: Stupidity loves company.

Agreed.  Also FYI, her son was charged with assault yesterday:
http://gawker.com/track-palin-was-charged-with-assault-last-night-1753857153

Maybe she should be tending to her own backyard.  What a trainwreck her family is.
Why was he allowed to have a gun? Maybe it's time to ask his mother if she supports reasonable gun control laws which Republicans like Trump oppose.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2016, 01:34:08 PM »

Headline of NY Daily News "I'm With Stupid!"
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2016, 02:52:36 PM »

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I find it puzzling that Sarah Palin would endorse Donald Trump, especially at this early stage when he could still be stopped.  One of the many Trump controversies was that he said he no longer liked John McCain, he called him a loser, implied that McCain was only a hero because he got captured by the enemy in Vietnam.  So now Palin, who was McCain's running mate, endorses Trump.  She could have held back on endorsing anyone, or endorsed a real conservative like Rubio or Cruz.  Palin seems to love to stick it to McCain in subtle ways.  She is a strange one.
And a side note, Bob Dole comes out of the woodwork to say nice things about Trump.  You would think Dole would be one of Trump's biggest critics in the GOP. 
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I find it puzzling that Sarah Palin would endorse Donald Trump, especially at this early stage when he could still be stopped.  One of the many Trump controversies was that he said he no longer liked John McCain, he called him a loser, implied that McCain was only a hero because he got captured by the enemy in Vietnam.  So now Palin, who was McCain's running mate, endorses Trump.  She could have held back on endorsing anyone, or endorsed a real conservative like Rubio or Cruz.  Palin seems to love to stick it to McCain in subtle ways.  She is a strange one.
And a side note, Bob Dole comes out of the woodwork to say nice things about Trump.  You would think Dole would be one of Trump's biggest critics in the GOP. 

Palin's McCainiac days are long over. On the Dole thing, it was less of a Trump proto-endorsement and more of an attempt to stop Cruz.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies