Presidential Press Release: DEEPLY DISTURBING CAMPAIGN TACTICS FROM LEINAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Press Release: DEEPLY DISTURBING CAMPAIGN TACTICS FROM LEINAD
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Press Release: DEEPLY DISTURBING CAMPAIGN TACTICS FROM LEINAD  (Read 768 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2016, 10:38:11 PM »

Right out of the gate? Geez - I need to step my game up, I suppose!

PRESIDENT GRIFFIN CONDEMNS NASTY, DIRTY, UNTRUE AND SECRETIVE ATTACKS ON HIS RECORD

For Immediate Release
Nyman

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The reality is that under the first term of the Griffin Administration, the hemorrhaging has stopped. President Griffin's second term will be about climbing back to prosperity (sound familiar?) with a new, thorough and carefully-calibrated Constitution that will not be rushed. Through that and with the leadership only the President can offer, we will begin to see growth across all Regions and at the federal level once again.

Additionally and as far as the Governor's claims of success in the South concerned, those who were around know that nobody has yet to top the levels of activity and competition in the South that President Griffin fostered between August 2012 and February 2014. Giving him a second term as President will provide the people of Atlasia with the same renaissance from sea to shining sea.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:06:48 AM »

Between this and your private attacks on my decision to support Leinad, I must say, I think you're better than this.

Also, is it now OK to post private messages? I remember it used to be an issue. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 02:15:36 AM »

Between this and your private attacks on my decision to support Leinad, I must say, I think you're better than this.

Also, is it now OK to post private messages? I remember it used to be an issue.  

You mean a direct private message - to you - asking if you recruited him to run and referring to him as "generic"? I hardly think that constitutes an attack. I wasn't speaking to undecided voters and un-engaged voters while concocting a bunch of lies to soil my opponent's reputation in their eyes. In fact, I'll be more than happy to share it!

I'm disappointed to see you supporting such a "generic" candidate in this race. Did you recruit him? This is about the Supreme Court appointment, isn't it?

After you accused me of "political games and attacks" while not answering my question or providing any context whatsoever, I then responded with:

Yeah, I was genuinely asking. I can't think of anything I've done "political game"-wise that would justify such an about-face.

You see, I - unlike my opponent (as well as you, apparently) - have nothing to hide in all of this.

The simple fact of the matter is that I am being attacked unfairly via mass-produced, generic messaging campaigns, with likely dozens of slanderous messages being sent out about my record. I've sent a grand total of 4 messages about this election - all today. Two of them were to you. I have not lobbed a single criticism about my opponent via PM to any undecided or persuadable voter, nor as any part of a campaign to introduce myself to the voters. Also, this isn't a private message in violation of the rules, because it was not transmitted to me nor quoted via the platform. Please, stop trying to spin this into something it is not, and you definitely know better.

Slut-shaming is never a pretty thing, Tmth, and it's obvious who the victim is in all of this.

Since you've refused to answer, confirm or deny anything, I have no idea what crawled up your back bumper and made you decide to abruptly flip your support, to possibly recruit someone to run against me and then to possibly encourage them to send out slanderous material, but since you refuse to tell me what caused it, what happened and have never expressed any criticisms to me prior, I can't be concerned about it anymore. I may be President, but I'm not the classroom nurse who's tasked with keeping track of which disorders each student has and which pairings of crazy pills get dosed out to whom.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »

For what it's worth I'd argue that the Northeast is the most active region in Atlasia; and we're managed to keep the debate sane
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »

Griffin, I'm not supporting you again because I don't think you've followed through on your promise to revive the game. Things have gotten worse since October, in my opinion. I have considered you an ally in the past, and I find it irritating that instead of just asking, "Hey Tmth, why did you decide to support Leinad over myself," you instead start attacking me and questioning my motives, which you have continued to do in this thread. You didn't ask me, you accused me, and I wasn't going to waste my time sending you a message responding to your ridiculous accusations. But if you must...

- Did I recruit Leinad to run? No, actually I was hesitant of him running in the beginning, but felt comfortable with him as a candidate after a couple of lengthy conversations.
 - Did I encourage him to send out slanderous material? No, and if you're going to accuse what he said as being "slanderous," you should pursue actions with the Supreme Court instead of just complaining about it.
 - As regards to the personal messages, I was asking for clarification - I honestly wasn't sure of the rules. Yet, once again, you use it as an avenue to attack me.
- Is this about the Supreme Court appointment? No. I had reservations about Windjammer, but as I have already publicly stated, he has my support.

Which brings me into another reason why I'm not supporting your reelection. You start drama, and instead of trying to work with the opposition, you chastise them. Ironically enough, you've claimed that you're going to be tough on trolls in the past, yet you've appointed some to your cabinet and are now acting like one yourself. I want a president who will act like a president and work with others to turn this game around. I don't think you've been doing that very well.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 12:20:48 PM »

Yes, posting other people's PMs without their consent is a bad move.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »

Griffin, I'm not supporting you again because I don't think you've followed through on your promise to revive the game. Things have gotten worse since October, in my opinion. I have considered you an ally in the past, and I find it irritating that instead of just asking, "Hey Tmth, why did you decide to support Leinad over myself," you instead start attacking me and questioning my motives, which you have continued to do in this thread. You didn't ask me, you accused me, and I wasn't going to waste my time sending you a message responding to your ridiculous accusations. But if you must...

- Did I recruit Leinad to run? No, actually I was hesitant of him running in the beginning, but felt comfortable with him as a candidate after a couple of lengthy conversations.
 - Did I encourage him to send out slanderous material? No, and if you're going to accuse what he said as being "slanderous," you should pursue actions with the Supreme Court instead of just complaining about it.
 - As regards to the personal messages, I was asking for clarification - I honestly wasn't sure of the rules. Yet, once again, you use it as an avenue to attack me.
- Is this about the Supreme Court appointment? No. I had reservations about Windjammer, but as I have already publicly stated, he has my support.

Which brings me into another reason why I'm not supporting your reelection. You start drama, and instead of trying to work with the opposition, you chastise them. Ironically enough, you've claimed that you're going to be tough on trolls in the past, yet you've appointed some to your cabinet and are now acting like one yourself. I want a president who will act like a president and work with others to turn this game around. I don't think you've been doing that very well.

I don't know you very well, but that was one of the greatest verbal beat downs I've read in my short time in Atlasian politics.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 01:34:34 PM »

I don't know you very well, but that was one of the greatest verbal beat downs I've read in my short time in Atlasian politics.

rip griffin
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »

ELECT LEINAD
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 02:24:05 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't find any disturbing, nasty (!!) and dirty (!!) things. He just said what he thinks. He thinks that you might have done a better job and that the activity level stayed the same. You might not agree on what he said, but you must respect what he said and can't call that speech a "nasty and dirty speech".

Now, I'd like to say a few things on the topic. I must admit that Griffin has a big political talent. He was able to convince even members of my party and centre-right people that I thought close to me to vote for him. I know he promised to be a non-partisan president and to focus on revitalization of the game and to NOT run for re-election in case of success on this intent, but considered that he's running for a second term, I am inclined to think that he's not been succesfull. Some of these people (I know it's insane, but some gave me a 1st preference in the Senate election while not voting for me in the presidential election) are now silent, other people (some even passionately campaigned for him) are now repented, but this is another topic.

Back on the main topic, I think things are better than October, but it's pretty normal. In October, Atlasia was in a very bad shape and doing worse than that is really hard. Also my impression is that this "change" was determined more by the work of the ConCon and by an active Senate. Important parts of the federal government have not worked well. The Vice President was litterally transparent. He just opened some confirmation hearings, voted to break a tie (after my PMs), but he wasn't never involved in Senate works. Personally, I think the VP shall be the "bridge" between the federal government and the Senate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »

Rather than get into a bunch of quote-splitting replies where I batter each of you back with the truth, I'll just put it all together.

First of all, Tmth appears to be trying to drive a past narrative in order to paint a present picture. He's always been very good at this, and very good at getting newer players to buy into his nice guy persona. "Drama" is not something I've caused as President, or really at all in many, many months. If this counts as your drama, then fine, but know that it's the first. However, I have every right to bring dirty campaign tactics to the public eye; you don't get to get away with talking smack behind closed doors in Atlasia. People who have been here long enough know that (including Tmth!). I know that for me personally, anything I will say in PMs, I will say publicly, and I will say it publicly first.

I made a very simple promise as President. I would work across the aisle, I would prevent the trolls from disrupting our game, and I would ensure our focus is on generating a successful ConCon.

• On the bipartisan front, every piece of legislation to pass the conservative super-majority Senate has passed with my signature, save for the one home-school bill that would allow parents to keep their adolescent children out of the public and against their will. I have appointed conservatives to the Game Moderator and Secretary of State positions, am in the process of evaluating more for the replacement position of Game Moderator, and if I had had more interest in the form of other applicants, then there would likely be more. On the surface, this should have been the most polarized Senate and administration based on their composition; instead, it has unarguably been the least polarized and partisan administration.
  • On the troll front, virtually all of the trolls from the fall have either disappeared or taken a back seat. They are no longer disrupting day-to-day activities. I promised that I would obliterate them if they got in our way; they haven't. Isn't that a joyous set of developments? I'm sure that if segments of the populace are freaking out over me unveiling Leinad's Deeply Disturbing tactics, then they'd be freaking out if and how I had to handle these people in a proactive war for the soul of the game. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I suppose, but that comes with the office of President.
  • On the ConCon front, the process continues to plow forward as it always has. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but practically everybody disappeared for an entire month during the game. The "December Presidency" is always the hardest, because activity plunges. This year - with fewer people than in many years - its plunge was notably starker. I can't direct nor focus ConCon debate when everybody is prioritizing their holidays over the game. Nobody possesses that ability. Activity has since rebounded and the ConCon - our number one goal and priority - continues again. We have wrapped up vast segments of the document and at this point, a variety of minor details will need to be worked out. I am confident where we are at, and I always said that it would likely take two terms to finish up the ConCon. We are on time and on budget.

It's funny that some of my detractors point to the Senate as a beacon of activity. It has been hardly so. It's possible to use one hand fairly easily to count the number of pieces of legislation that it has passed since I took office. I haven't publicly attacked them for it, and I'm disappointed that members of that body - with whom I have worked in bipartisan fashion every step of the way - would try to levy criticisms at me, when I have been more active as a body than they have been.

This election, the past one and the entirety of the experience here, now and going forward really, really do remind me of 2008-2016. People saying that I haven't succeeded because I haven't delivered to them all of their wildest dreams in less than 3 months. There is clearly brighter times ahead, and the work going into the structures shows us that light is at the end of the tunnel, but we're not quite there just yet. The person to hold this office during the next administration will undoubtedly preside over prosperity if the trajectory continues. My first term was about stopping the hemorrhaging; my second term will be about raising us back to former glory. Patience, everybody. Big changes don't come quickly nor easily, nor to people who throw the progress they've made under the bus when things seem less than ideal.

I always promised that this would be a two-term proposition, and that I would not run again if I had failed. I have not failed. We are in a better position than we were in October. Let's compare:

We have an active President.
We have a ConCon process that is nearing completion.
We have a game population that has stabilized.
We have a Senate and a President that works together on all issues.
We have the least political atmosphere during my four years in the game.
We have a cabinet that is increasingly being filled with active and dedicated people.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the revival really begins.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »

Ah, moving the goalposts there Griff! #Labor4SWE
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 04:12:07 PM »

Ah, moving the goalposts there Griff! #Labor4SWE

They've never been moved: just bringing everybody back down to earth and reminding them of my actual promises! #2Termz
#FU2016
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 04:43:24 AM »

First, you misquoted me. I never said "Hello, fellow Southerner" in this election. I ctrl+F'd my outbox twice--not there. Who just misquotes someone like that? You or your informative dropped the ball on this. Most of it's right, but the slight inaccuracy is puzzling.

Second, Turk's right, this is goalpost-moving. You didn't say "Make Atlasia Great Again after electing me to a second term." You were elected with a 4-month mandate, not an 8-month mandate, and bending the facts doesn't give you a free pass to get re-elected.

Third, while in general I think it's out-of-bounds to publish PMs (private messages) publically, I'm not bothered by this one, specifically. There's literally nothing there that I hadn't already said or alluded to. It's more or less the core of my announcement speech reworded! That's like a "scathing exposé" on Donald Trump that reveals he's uber-wealthy.

Basically, this is a weak attack with no basis in reality--a tale told by a president, full of all caps antics and revisionist history signifying nothing.

(And FTR I can confirm Tmth's version of the events--no one told me to run.)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »

Typical behavior. Exactly what we've come to expect.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 03:00:19 AM »

Tmth did not recruit Leinad to run. Tmth was as he said, rather skeptical of him for a few weeks in fact. Hardly someone's handpicked man! 

If this counts as "Deeply Disturbing", then the standards for such have eroded over the years.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies