WINFIELD/POIROT FOR ATLASIA ELECTION NIGHT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:28:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WINFIELD/POIROT FOR ATLASIA ELECTION NIGHT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: WINFIELD/POIROT FOR ATLASIA ELECTION NIGHT  (Read 5740 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:09:03 PM »
« edited: February 21, 2016, 10:32:24 PM by Lincoln Republican »

My dear fellow Atlasians, I have agonized over this for awhile now, and I have made the decision to throw my hat into the Presidential ring.

Make no mistake my friends, Atlasia is at a crucial time in its' turbulent history.  We see our friends in Mock Parliament deciding to close down operations, or at least, to take a leave of absence, pending a revived interest in the future of that brief republic.

There has as well been those right here in our beloved experiment in democracy who have been openly calling for the demise of this unique and engaging union.

Fortunately, there are as well those who are striving to preserve this union of the willing, those willing to put nation above self, those willing to strive to keep the flame of democracy burning brightly, those willing to set aside long held beliefs and make compromises and agreements with others in the name of moving this nation forward, those willing to work for positive and meaningful change, those willing to dream of a brighter future, and those willing to make the necessary sacrifices in order to realize that future.

It is against this backdrop, my dear friends, that I launch this Presidential candidacy, a candidacy I know that is not backed by entrenched and powerful political machines, a candidacy I know that is not backed by the big money interests.

It is, however, a candidacy that will be fighting for the forgotten and the downtrodden, a candidacy that will be speaking for those who cannot be heard in and of themselves, a candidacy that will be fighting for those who believe there is no hope.

My dear friends, I want to assure you, brighter days lie ahead, the flame of democracy and freedom shall never be extinguished, and hope springs eternal.

Thank you my dear friends, fear not, for I shall always be there, fighting for you, and fighting for our struggling democracy.

God bless you all, and God bless Atlasia.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:27:13 PM »

You have my support.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »

Thank you so much Talleyrand.  Greatly appreciated.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:50:24 PM »

Vigorously endorsed!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2016, 03:39:23 PM by Lincoln Republican »

A BIT ABOUT ME

I was born in the town of Essex, Vermont, the third of four children, to a family of modest means.  I have one brother and two sisters.  When I was growing up, we did not have much in the way of worldly goods, but our family was rich in what really counts in life, love for family and for our fellow man.  We were taught from very early on to have respect and compassion for all mankind, as well as for all the creatures that share the earth with human beings.  I can remember when very young I was going to step on an insect, but my mother told me to just let the insect go about its' daily life, as it had a right to exist and to live out its' life in peace.  I have always remembered that lesson.

My father lacked an advanced education and worked as a truck driver, hauling sand and gravel, snow in the winter, whatever was available to keep busy.  There were times, however, when we lacked a steady income and got by on very little income and had to watch our food supply.

My mother supplemented the family income by taking in washing and did laundry for people in the area.

I can remember my sisters, my brother, and I, from as young as the age of twelve years, mowing lawns in the summer and shoveling snow at neighbor's homes to earn a bit of money to help out our family finances, and to earn a bit of spending money for ourselves.  

Three lasting lessons my parents taught us, their children, is the value of hard work, the value of a good education, and respect for all.

When I was eighteen years of age, I graduated from high school,  and not to be boastful at all, I graduated near the top of my class.  I worked very hard as a student throughout all twelve years of schooling, and it paid off at graduation.  

I made a decision early on that I would get a university education and find gainful employment, that I would be able to help my family and to help others.

I enrolled at the University of Vermont in Burlington, not too far from our home, and worked my way through my schooling. I spoke with the university administration and asked if there was somewhere on campus that I could earn enough money to get through school.  I was given a job in the cafeteria, so I worked for four years part time in the university cafeteria while keeping up my studies.  The rest of my education was paid for by money I had saved working part time while in high school, and by the modest, though greatly appreciated, funds my parents were able to send to me.  

I graduated from the University of Vermont after four years in my chosen field of study with a bachelor's degree in social work.  I finished near the top of my graduating class.

I had applied for a full scholarship to attend Yale University, and, to my surprise, I was accepted.  I graduated from Yale University after four years with a Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude.

I made the decision to move to Newport, Rhode Island, and to set up a law practice there.  I enjoyed a very successful and lucrative law practice.

I found success in applying my knowledge in the fields of social work and law to help people through difficult times.  On many occasions I donated my legal services at no cost to those who could simply not afford to hire a lawyer.

After awhile, I decided to spend some time in Atlasian politics, and was elected as a member of the Northeast Assembly. During my career in Northeast politics, I have served as Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Speaker of the Northeast Assembly, and a multi term member of the Northeast Assembly.

I especially concentrated in sponsoring, introducing, supporting, and advocating for people friendly bills, and vigorously opposing ridiculous and out of control bills.

Currently, I am an elected Delegate from the Northeast Region to the Atlasian Constitutional Conventioin.

For some time, I was in and out of Northeast politics.  Most of the time when not involved in Atlasian politics directly as an executive or Representative in the Northeast government, I have volunteered my time to such services as working in community kitchens helping those less forltunate to get a meal, finding warm places for the homeless to stay, teaching English as a second language to immigrants who had recently  moved to the Northeast, working as a volunteer to help others before and after a natural disaster, such as flooding and snow blizzards.

As a matter of fact, I am serving at this time as one of the directors for storm relief efforts for this current historic blizzard that is battering the east coast.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »

Thank you so much my good friend Simfan.  Greatly appreciated.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 01:50:22 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2016, 01:51:57 PM by Simfan34 »

Wait, is this actually true? We learn more about old Winfield at last! This is truly the story of someone who has risen to the top but has never forgotten about the less fortunate.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 04:16:33 PM »

Fmr. Gov. Winfield:

Do you support a universal healthcare system without an individual mandate, allowing people to buy healthcare across regional lines, which people pay into over the course of their lives if they make above a certain amount, and a healthcare agent in charge of making deals with private companies instead of an advisory build?

Also, what is your position on allowing regions to each produce 20% of the total federal amount of money minted into their own currency, thus devolving the currency slightly and allowing for devaluing of any regional or the federal currency to not have too great an effect on the economy?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 05:49:32 PM »

Fmr. Gov. Winfield:

Do you support a universal healthcare system without an individual mandate, allowing people to buy healthcare across regional lines, which people pay into over the course of their lives if they make above a certain amount, and a healthcare agent in charge of making deals with private companies instead of an advisory build?

Also, what is your position on allowing regions to each produce 20% of the total federal amount of money minted into their own currency, thus devolving the currency slightly and allowing for devaluing of any regional or the federal currency to not have too great an effect on the economy?

1.  I fully support a universal healthcare system that provides cradle to grave coverage, financed by a combination of government spending, payroll deductions for the employed, and cutting out the massive waste and corruption in the medical profession that is going on today.  I have other taxation policies to implement, but will not comment on that until I release a platform, so don't ask, because you will have to wait and see.

2.  There is absolutely no way whatsoever that I would ever support anything but a national currency.  Any notion of any regional currencies under any circumstances is a complete non-starter.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 02:53:54 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 01:14:00 PM by Lincoln Republican »

There is a widening wealth gap between the world's wealthiest people and the rest of the world, and lobbying is responsible for much the of wealth accumulation at the top. The world’s wealthiest 1 percent is likely to control over 50 percent of global wealth in 2016.  

In 2014, the top 1 percent held 48 percent of global wealth. But that doesn’t mean the other 52 percent was for the rest of us; most of it was controlled by the 20 wealthiest percent, leaving just 5.5 percent of global wealth for 80 percent of the world.

It used to be that the total wealth of the world’s billionaires and of the bottom half of the globe increased at roughly the same rate. That changed in 2010. Total wealth for the poorest 50 percent has actually decreased from what it was in 2009, while wealth at the top has doubled.  Just 80 billionaires now control the same wealth as 3.5 billion people.

(http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/wealthiest-getting-wealthier-lobbying-lot/)

As President, I will advocate to eliminate lobbying of government officials and representatives.  

I will eliminate off shore tax havens for Atlasians, and will increase taxes on the wealthiest Atlasians.  

My plan is to increase taxes on the wealthiest Atlasians by 5 percent, and none of the income of this group can be sheltered in off shore tax havens.  It is completely unacceptable that the wealthiest Atlasians should live by different tax rules than ordinary, hard working people.

Those with an income of 5 million dollars per year and more are subject to this tax increase.

This tax will raise more than 150 billion dollars additional revenue over 10 years.

This tax plan leaves 99.98 percent of Atlasians unaffected by any tax increase.

The wealthiest corporations in Atlasia will likewise see a tax increase, which will be set at an increase of 2 percent in the first year, 4 percent in the second year, 6 percent in the third year.    These corporations benefit greatly from carrying out business in Atlasia, and must pay their fair share, and will likewise not be permitted to benefit from off shore tax havens.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »

As President, I will promote and work with Congress in passing a far reaching sensible, and well needed gun control policy.

There have too many deaths caused by people who should have no right to have any guns in the first place.

Universal background checks for all firearm sales.

Administration to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun and make recommendations to ensure dangerous people aren't slipping through the cracks.

Remove barriers that prevent reporting information on people prohibited from gun ownership for mental health reasons.

Military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines will not be made available to private citizens

Reinstate and strengthen the ban on assault weapons.

Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Ban possession of armor-piercing ammunition by anyone other than the military and law enforcement.

Gun violence research

Administration to conduct research into the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Provide $10 million for additional research on relationship between video games, media images and violence.

Gun safety

Launch a national campaign to promote common-sense safety measures.

Review and enhance safety standards for gun locks and gun safes.

Administration to review gun safety technologies.

Challenge private sector to develop gun safety technology.

School safety

Administration to examine the feasibility of placing an armed guard in every school.

Provide incentives for police departments to hire school resource officers through hiring grants.

Give $150 million to school districts and law enforcement agencies to hire school resource officers, school psychologists, social workers and counselors.

Provide $30 million in one-time grants to help school districts develop emergency management plans.

Give schools and other institutions a model for how to develop and implement emergency plans.

Provide $50 million to help 8,000 more schools train their teachers and staff to create safer and more nurturing environments.

Share best practices on school discipline.

Mental health

Provide $55 million for new initiative to make sure students get treatment for mental health issues.

Provide $25 million for strategies supporting individuals ages 16-25 with mental health or substance abuse issues.

Provide $25 million to offer students mental health services for trauma or anxiety.

Provide $50 million to train 5,000 additional mental health professionals serving children and young adults.

Clarify that the health-care law does not prohibit doctors from asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Launch a national dialogue about mental illness.

Finalize requirements for private health insurance plans to cover mental health services.

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/obama-gun-proposals/index.html)

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2016, 05:58:13 PM by Lincoln Republican »

As President, I will promote a strong distracted drivers agenda, and will work with the regions in passing this much needed policy.

This is law in the Northeast Region, and I will push to have this made nation wide.

Some sobering statistics that have been published as to deaths and injuries due to distracted driving in Atlasia:

In 2015, 3,700 people were killed in crashes involving a distracted driver, compared to 3,300 in 2014. An additional, 423,000 people were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving a distracted driver in 2015, a 9% increase from the 387,000 people injured in 2014.
In 2015, one in five crashes, 20%, in which someone was injured involved distracted driving.
In December 2015, more than 182 billion text messages were sent or received in the US.

We simply must get control of this situation and start getting serious about putting into place some tough distracted driving laws for the safety of our people.

This carnage on our roads and highways cannot be allowed to continue.  

Distracted driving has caused untold misery, hardship, and grief among our people, with the death and injury of loved ones.

We cannot simply stand by and let this carnage on our roads and highways continue.

We have a responsibility to act, and to act now.

Let us, as a nation, get behind this initiative in order to decrease these terrifying numbers.    

The following activities shall be illegal when operating a motor vehicle anywhere in the Northeast Region

Talking on a hand-held cell phone
Texting/e-mailing
Using electronic devices like laptop computers, tablets, iPads, video games, cameras, video
entertainment displays and programming portable audio players (e.g., mp3 players)
Manually entering information on GPS units
Reading printed material like a book or a magazine
Writing, printing or sketching
Personal grooming like combing your hair, applying makeup or brushing your teeth
Using a 2-way radio or what is commonly referred to as a CB (Citizen’s Band) radio, with exceptions as follows:

Drivers will only be able to use CB radios if they are operating pilot vehicles and must maintain contact with another vehicle; they are using the radio to contact their employer where the employee is required to maintain radio contact; to participate in a search, rescue or emergency situation; or when the CB is operable in hands-free mode.

First offence $200.00 fine
Second offence $400.00 fine and 5 demerit points
Third offence $600.00 fine and 10 demerit points
Fourth offence $800.00 fine and suspension of drivers license

Conviction of a fourth offence shall also result in mandatory attendance at a safe driving course.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »

I am most pleased to announce that Poirot has consented to become the Vice Presidential candidate on the ticket with me.

Poirot brings many outstanding qualities to the ticket.

He is capable, conscientious, intelligent, thoughtful, trustworthy, hard working, experienced in public service, and brings with him a deep concern for the continued betterment of Atlasia.

Poirot has served well and faithfully as a Representative in the Northeast Assembly, and is currently serving as a member of the Northeast Electoral Commission.

Poirot will be a great asset to this ticket and will continue to be a great asset to Atlasia.

Thank you Poirot for joining me on the ticket. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 09:25:12 PM »

Atlasians,

I am very excited to be the vice presidential candidate on the Winfield ticket for the February 2016 election. Winfield / Poirot is the first complete ticket to have officially declared in the candidate thread.

I am proud to join the Winfield team. Winfield is a man of experience who has a long political career in Atlasia. He is a proven competent leader in political and civic matters. People here in Newport, Rhode Island know this and appreciate him.

He cares about the well being of the nation and the citizens. When he makes decisions he has the well being of ordinary people in his mind. When there is a catastrophe, he is in the first ones to help those in need. That is the kind of man he is and he will make a great President. Running as Independent he will not be caught in internal party politics. He has his own mind. He will preside over Atlasia for all the citizens, not for a small group or ideology.

I invite all voters to support our ticket.

Let's Win with Winfield (and Poirot) !
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 12:18:13 AM »

Great VP pick Winfield, good luck guys!

...but not too good! Tongue
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 12:10:09 PM »

Great VP pick Winfield, good luck guys!

...but not too good! Tongue

Well thank you my good man.  Appreciate your comments.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 12:13:29 PM »

I wish to congratulate my esteemed running mate Poirot for winning election, again, as a Representative in the Northeast Assembly.

Good work Poirot.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 11:04:01 PM »

WINFIELD - NOW MORE THAN EVER

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 12:14:58 AM »

Maxwell, thank you.

I love the ringing endorsement, WINFIELD - NOW MORE THAN EVER

but the implications in the picture?  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 12:58:18 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Spoiler Alert, Spoiler Alert

As many of you know, I have had past Presidential campaigns.  In these campaigns I raised issues that were important to me.  I am raising some of these issues again, as I believe what was good policy then is good policy now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As President, I will introduce a full employment strategy, the aim of which will be to create an economic environment in which Atlasians from all backgrounds will be able to thrive and prosper.  Meaningful employment provides individuals with a sense of self worth and with the ability to realize their goals and their potential.

The right to employment will foster an environment in which the economic rights of all citizens are respected.

Technological advances over the past 20 years has changed the face of employment in the world and in Atlasia.  Therefore, starting at the earliest levels, our education system must ensure that our children learn and are taught to become capable of coping in a technologically advanced society.  This is part of the full employment strategy, going into the next generation.

Technology is advancing rapidly, and as President, I intend that some of the brightest minds in Atlasia will identify emerging technologies in order to prepare a new generation of Atlasians will be prepared in these fields.  These new technologies will be providing millions of new jobs in the future, and I intend that Atlasians will be prepared.

A shortage of skilled workers in the trades is an ongoing problem.  As President, I will create and expand programs to ensure that Atlasia has adequate skilled and trained workers in the trades, i.e. plumbers, electrctians, carpenters, mechanics, masons, builders, etc.  Skilled workers in the trades will always be required and an effective training program will work towards ensuring that skilled workers in these fields will be available.

Small and medium sized businesses are the greatest job creators.  As President, I will work to create an environment in which these business can grow and thrive, thereby growing these organizations, enabling them to expand, prosper, and hire new employees.  I will institute programs which will provide comprehensive training and strategies for those wishing and intending to establish small businesses, in order to minimize their chances of failure.

The education and training of the individual is key to these full employment strategies.  Therefore, my education and training programs will be built around ensuring that our children and youth receive the best education and training possible in order that they will be prepared to thrive in a fast paced and ever changing world.  

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 12:22:37 PM »

Further to my pledge to implement a full employment strategy for Atlasia, and to bring about educational reforms to ensure our students are prepared to face an ever advancing and an ever changing world, at this time I wish to discuss an important matter related to the educational aspect of this proposal, school safety.

As President, I intend to have the federal government work closely with the regional governments in  coming to a consensus  on the implementation of these programs in the regions.

Our schools must be as safe and as sceure as possible in order to ensure that our students are free to pursue their education and school activities without fear of violence, intimidation, or bullying.  While I fully recognize that violence in schools will never be completely eliminated, at the same time, school violence can be minimized by taking common sense steps to achieve this goal.

Behaviors such as cyber bullying, physical bullying and fighting often start at a young age and may continue into young adulthood. Youth violence can often lead to serious injury or death, and in the case of cyber bullying suicide.

Any amount of violence is unacceptable. Parents, teachers, and administrators expect schools to be safe havens of learning. Acts of violence can disrupt the learning process and have a negative effect on students, the school itself, and the broader community.

Sexual violence begins early in life.  Most victims do not tell friends and family about the abuse and suffer alone. Those who do disclose the violence may be stigmatized by friends, family, and their community.

Suicide is a serious public health problem that affects even young people. For youth and young adults between the ages of 10 and 24, suicide is the third leading cause of death. It results in approximately 4,300 lives lost each year.

As President, I shall be implementing an extensive training, information, and awareness program for administrators, teachers and students alike, conducted by experts in these various fields, discussing the above issues, and the best ways to avoid them.

I shall be establishing school health guidelines, designed to prevent unintentional injuries and violence. Guidelines promote safety and teach students the skills needed to prevent injuries and violence. They will be designed for all grade levels and provide support for a coordinated school health program, and will be implemented by experts in this field.

I shall also be establishing a school health index, which is a self-assessment and planning tool that enables schools to identify strengths and weaknesses of health and safety policies and programs, develops an action plan for improving student health and safety, and involves teachers, parents, students, and the community in improving school services.

Each year, emergency departments treat more than 200,000 children ages 14 and younger for playground-related injuries. I shall be implementing an extensive program about playground risks, and how to avoid severe injuries associated with playgrounds.

A child can take a spill, knock his or her head, and get a concussion in any number of school settings ranging from the hallway, the playground, the cafeteria, and beyond.  As President, I shall implement a program, developed for professionals working with grades K-12, to help principals, school nurses, teachers or other school professionals identify and respond to concussions in an array of school settings.

Where necessary or where felt required, schools shall have the authority to implement a lock down procedure to more adequately ensure student and faculty safety.  Schools shall as well have the authority to implement a procedure where students must pass through a detector on their way into school to detect any weapons they may be carrying, which shall be confiscated.   

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 12:35:53 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 12:39:56 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I would like to have the federal government work with the regional governments to examine in depth the advantages of implementing a policy of having school uniforms for K-12 in their regions, which would be implemented by the regions.

Outlined below are some of the major benefits of school uniforms.  I believe that school uniforms will have a tremendous benefit for students in Atlasia for the reasons following.

Local school boards and schools will have the authority to choose their own school uniforms, within specified perameters.      

The benefits of school uniforms have been argued for years. The benefits outlined below are the main points raised in surveys when asking what the benefits of school uniforms are.

School uniforms promote unity and community in a school. By being easily identifiable, students can be accountable for their actions in and out of school hours. Usually students will remain better behaved when they are in school uniform.Another benefits of school uniforms is that parents are not pressured to constantly hand over money to their children for the latest and greatest brands of clothing, which as we all know are more often than not ridiculously priced compared to the average cost of school uniforms.

More benefits of school uniforms including government financial support for parents who may struggle with the cost of school uniforms. Governments are not going to reimburse parents for cost of non-school uniform clothing.

School uniforms make a safer school environment, there is no doubt about that. This is possibly the major one of the benefits of school uniforms. Students are not under threat of having their expensive shoes and clothes stolen on the way to and from school. Also students cannot congregate into "gang colors" which often happens in schools where there are no uniforms.

Another one of the benefits of school uniforms is easily spotting a member of the public who may illegally wander on to the school grounds, possibly endangering students. Uniformed students will easily make strangers stand out.

Benefits of school uniforms include students concentrating more on school work and not on what they are wearing. Students of teenage years are in their most influential years and will go to great lengths to impress their friends with the latest brands of clothing. Having a uniform eliminates this behavior at school and allows students to focus on their work, not on their fashion.

Many studies have shown that students with high self esteem perform better in school by eliminating a reason to feel self-conscious, uniforms can help improve children's self-confidence and may lead to greater class participation which is only a good thing.

The benefits of school uniforms outweigh the negatives by a long margin. It can be plainly seen that students perform better when a uniform policy is present.

All school uniforms would be age appropriate.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »

I wish to discuss an issue that I am very passionate about.

For far too long the robber barons of Wall Street have rapaciously plundered the economy, ripping off honest, hard working people, with their monetary manipulation and libertine lending practices.

Just a few short years ago, $700 billion dollars my friends, $700 billion dollars of your money was spent to bail out the fat cats sitting in those sky scraper office towers, wearing their $5,000 suits, sitting in their $10,000 leather office chairs behind their $50,000 oak and walnut desks, so they could pay themselves multi million dollar bonuses with your money, after they had driven those financial institutions into the ground.

And what is their response to justify a taxpayer funded bailout with taxpayer funded bonuses?

Their line goes something like this.....Well, if you don't compensate executives adequately, we will not get the best, most qualified executives to run these institutions.....to which I reply.....If you had the best, most qualified executives, then why did they not manage these institutions in such a way as to save the taxpayers hundreds of billions dollars of their money to bail out your greed and arrogance?

I can tell you, had I been President when this bonus rip off took place, I would have taxed these bonuses back at a rate of 99.999999%! 

My friends, we must restore balance between the everyday, honest, law abiding, tax paying citizens of this nation, and the rip off artists occupying those multi billion dollar structures of glass and steel.

If you want a President who speaks for and acts for the everyday, hard working, law abiding, tax paying citizens of this nation, and a President who will bring the corporate fat cats and white collar criminals into line, and to justice, then I'm your man.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 01:43:32 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I support a progressive tax policy.

This tax policy is based on income, and I will propose that the vast majority of Atlasians should and will participate in the payment of taxes in order to provide the revenue necessary to move the nation forward, as well as I believe that all who benefit from citizenship in Atlasia should participate in the responsibility to provide necessary revenues for the nations programs.  

Income up to 35,000 taxed at 5%
Income over 35,000 up to 50,000 taxed at 10%
Income over 50,000 up to 100,000 taxed at 15%
Income over 100,000 up to 300,000  taxed at 20%
Income over 300,000 up to 500,000 taxed at 25%
Income over 500,000 up to 1,000,000 taxed at 30%
Income over 1,000,000 up to 3,000,000 taxed at 35%
Income over 3,000,000 up to 5,000,000 taxed at 40%
Income over 5,000,000 taxed at 45%

The wealthiest income earners, those with an income of over 5,000,000, are as well subject to an additional 5% tax surcharge.

I want to see tax loopholes closed and off shore tax havens eliminated.

No deductions or loopholes are allowed, however, since it is clear that families with children have greater expenses, families with an income not above 100,000 will receive a rebate per child based on the following table.

Income up to 35,000 rebate of 2,000 per child
Income over 35,000 up to 50,000 rebate of 1,500 per child
Income over 50,000 up to 100,000 rebate of 1,000 per child

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »

Some images from around Atlasia of crowd reaction to the Winfield/Poirot campaign

An exuberant crowd in Chicago, IL show their enthusiasm for a Winfield speech
Many are making the "W" for "Winfield" hand sign

Presidential candidate Winfield in Manhattan greeted with a ticker tape parade and huge, enthusiastic crowds.
Asked by the press why he rode in a truck rather than in a car, Winfield replied
"I am a man of the people.  I would rather ride in the back of a pick up truck than a limo."

Columbia, SC crowd cheering on Presidential candidate Winfield

Enthusiastic crowd in Los Angeles,CA reacts to a Winfield speech

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies