Labor Party Winter 2016 Convention in Dalton, Georgia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:52:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Winter 2016 Convention in Dalton, Georgia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Labor Party Winter 2016 Convention in Dalton, Georgia  (Read 8302 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2016, 10:39:54 PM »

Look to the South

Governor Leinad has ran his campaign on the basis of being ready to run the most powerful office on this board-the Presidency of Atlasia. When asked about his tried, and tested experience he's pointed to his election, and governance of the South. But when you look at his record a common theme comes out; the federalists can't be trusted on abortion, the federalists can't be trusted to protect the public and the federalists cannot be trusted to govern. Look at the South, and you'll see the future for a Leinad Presidency

1.) The South has attempted nearly 5 times to curtail the rights of a women to choose: There's countless examples of the Southern Legislature hammering away the right of a woman to a safe abortion. First they attempted to blanket ban abortion, now they're trying to outlaw health centres even recommending abortion's. It's a medical procedure, that is a vital part of reproductive health; yet the Federalists want to continue with their push to make it virtually impossible to get an abortion. Governor Leinad has not only flip-flopped on the issue of abortion but he's also been pushed by a right wing clique to adopt a more and more extreme position. Look to the South to see what would happen to reproductive rights for women; they'd be removed under a Federalist Presidency.

2.) A confused and muddled leadership: Look to Governor Leinad's record, and you'll see that he has a track history of simply failing to make critical leadership decisions. Governor Leinad not only flip-flopped on abortion rights, but he allowed a far right clique to take over the South. Whether it's passing a law that allows people to walk around the streets with rifles or passing a law that allows anyone to adopt a child as long as they don't have a criminal record it's clear that Governor Leinad simply doesn't have the strength to follow his leadership through. We need a strong President who can stand up to the Senate, who can stand up to the Trolls and who can stand up for Atlasia; Governor Leinad hasn't stood up for common sense in the South.

3.) Leadership that endangered the public: Again, rather than vetoing the recent Ron Paul 2016 Act the Governor decided to kick the ball into the long grass, and offered an amendment. This was a bill that told the regional government to promote protests. To put it simply.... the South passed a bill that told Southern Citizens to protest the South. This isn't leadership-this is foolishness. The Labor majority in the Senate passed a bill that promoted criminal justice reform, and brought the police and communities together- Governor Leinad offered an amendment that breaks police officers working rights and gives excessive fines to officers for simply asking to see a driving license .We can't have a President who endages the public safety of Atlasia

When you vote in the Presidential Election remember what Governor Leinad's has let happen in the South- remember that Governor Leinad has supported the removal of womens health rights, remember Governor Leinad has has passed bills that allows virtually anyone to adopt a child (the state has no stop guard) and remember that Governor Leinad has failed to stand up to the extremists in his own party.

How can he stand up for Atlasia?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2016, 05:49:24 AM »

Ah, I see you've decided to take up fiction writing, since the Presidential election didn't work out. Tongue

I should probably address this, even though I'm pretty sure you meant to post this in the "post something blatantly untrue" thread over in the Forum Community section.

This was a bill that told the regional government to promote protests. To put it simply.... the South passed a bill that told Southern Citizens to protest the South. This isn't leadership-this is foolishness.

FALSE!

In reality, I amended that bill to simply punish police officers for infringing on peaceful protests. I did what a leader does: I took the initiative to improve the bill.

So are you guys against peaceful protesting? I never thought Labor would take such an extremist authoritarian position!

Regarding the abortion stuff, I recognize abortion as a regional issue in Atlasia. I'm not going to ban abortions, don't worry. My position on the matter has been articulated ad nauseum, and as much as I've tried to make it as respectful and understanding as possible, certain Governors who share names with former British Prime Ministers have absurdly labeled me as "sexist" for being honest with my views (which consistently side with the right to life--not only with abortion, but with the death penalty and foreign policy)--which have nothing to do with religious beliefs or discrimination.

I could clutter this page with essays on the issue of abortion, but it would be a waste because it's a regional issue. Not to mention, as Adam has said numerous times, with the legislative reboot lots of this stuff will just get overridden. Why would I waste my political capital to get the Senate to ban abortion--or do any crazy stuff you may be afraid of me doing--when it would just get repealed by the legislative reboot? And why would you guys waste time bashing me over something I could never get through the Senate?

People could already have guns in public. This did nothing to make it easier to get a gun, now you simply don't have to conceal it. There's honestly not that much of a difference--all the dangers and benefits stay the same, except now someone wanting to commit a crime might think again if they see another person (presumably a law-abiding one) with a gun.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was never a fan of the adoption bill, but the legislature voted it through unanimously. Should I have vetoed it? In hindsight, probably. Mistakes like that won't happen again, especially with Cris advising me and the Senate being a larger and more experienced legislative body.

Now, let me say this loud and clear so you can hear it over the fear-mongering:

I will not do anything to endanger the public safety of Atlasia. This is just another absurd attack from a party in crisis.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2016, 08:39:05 PM »

I urge my fellow Laborites to support former Senator and Midwest Governor Gass, who declared his candidacy for the Senate moments ago. A battle-tested leader with the experience and integrity so desperately needed in these trying times, Gass is simply the best man for the job, and I look forward to welcoming him to the Senate come March.

(Gass is the fourth Laborite to declare a bid for the Senate this month, meaning that Labor has a Senatorial candidate on the ballot in every Region but the Pacific - more than all other parties combined. "Party in crisis" my foot.)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2016, 08:43:35 PM »

So who will we endorse for Pacific Senate?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »

So who will we endorse for Pacific Senate?
Ebowed.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 11:36:03 PM by Senator Truman »

FEBRUARY 2016

LABOR NATIONAL TICKET

FOR PRESIDENT & VICE PRESIDENT
ADAM GRIFFIN & DUKE

FOR NORTHEAST GOVERNOR
BLAIR of New York

FOR SENATE - CLASS A

NORTHEAST
MIDEAST
SOUTH
MIDWEST   
PACIFIC
PIKACHU  
DARTHEBEAR  
STEELERS  
GASS  
1184AZ

PROTECT. PROVIDE. PROSPER.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2016, 10:22:40 PM »

IIRC, Ebowed never requested Labor's endorsement, which is a prerequisite to receiving it.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2016, 11:33:33 PM »

And, with the entrance of Former Councilor 1184AZ, Labor now has a candidate for Senate running in every Region! Huzzah!

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2016, 11:44:08 PM »

When was the last time any party had a full slate of Senate candidates for Class A?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2016, 12:03:12 AM »

When was the last time any party had a full slate of Senate candidates for Class A?

I'm not even sure Labor has ever had a full slate of candidates running for Senate in all 5 regions before, even when we won 3/5 Regions in every election for a two-year stretch - though I'm sure (probably the) Federalists used to do it. In either case, it's been quite a while. Easily a year at minimum.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2016, 12:04:39 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2016, 12:17:31 AM by Senator Truman »

The last to do so was was the Liberal Party way back in February 2012.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2016, 12:05:31 AM »

The last to do so was was the Liberal Party way back in February 2013.

Wow.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2016, 12:22:08 AM »

The last to do so was was the Liberal Party way back in February 2012.

Wow.
Turns out the Liberal candidate in the Midwest that month was a write-in: the last party to have five declared candidates running for Regional Senate was the JCP in June 2010. Neither Labor nor the Federalists have ever run a full slate prior to this election.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »

I wasn't on the ballot this month, but considering the gloomy forecast given by nearly everyone in the run-up to last weekend's vote, I hope you will forgive me for joining in the celebration (if only as a bystander). Despite the odds, the predictions of the pollsters, and the expectations of nearly everyone, Labor is once again triumphant! President Griffin has shown that it is the people who choose our president, and I offer him my hearty and enthusiastic congratulations on his reelection.

When William Jennings Bryan declared that "the humblest citizen of all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error," he might very well have been talking about this election. Labor won this election because we believed in our candidate and gave this campaign our all. Ninety-four percent of Laborites voted this weekend - only two of our number failed to cast a ballot - well above the national turnout rate of 81%. We elected two new Senators in the Northeast and the Mideast - tripling the size of our caucus in Nyman - and ran strong candidates in every Region, winning more votes than every other party combined. We were the first party to run five candidate for the Senate in the post-dissolution era and finished first or second in every Region but one. To those who haughtily insisted that we were a "party in crisis" desperately grasping at straws, I say, "Ha!"

Now we have the hard work of governing before us: I look forward to continuing to work with the president to finish the job we started back in October and to welcoming my two new colleagues, Senator Pikachu and Senator Darthebear, to the Senate in March. I believe we still need to select the site of our next convention; once that is done, I will be returning to the Senate and the other Convention to help the president and our new senators Finish the Job.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »

Ninety-four percent of Laborites voted this weekend - only two of our number failed to cast a ballot - well above the national turnout rate of 81%.
It's even more impressive than that - 100% of Labourites who could cast a valid ballot voted (compared to an 89% turnout of people who could cast a valid ballot). That's an incredible achievement.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »

'I'd like to echo the words of Senator Truman-this is the 4th straight election victory for Labor in the Presidental election, despite the odds once again be against us. We took a optimistic and bold vision to Atlasia, and the voters rewarded us. The hard work doesn't end here though-we've got vital work in the ConCon to secure the reforms, and changes to make Atlasia even stronger. Friends, are party can only go upwards from here. We're the party that governs Atlasia-and we can't let Atlasia down
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »

[CON] Per the bylaws, the next Labor National Convention must be held in the Pacific. To that end, I nominate Seattle, Washington.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

[CON] I Second That
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2016, 10:04:42 PM »

[CON] I nominate Los Angeles, California.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »

[CON] I second the nomination of Los Angeles.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »

I support Senator Truman proposal.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2016, 06:05:57 PM »

[CON] I support Truman's proposal.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2016, 04:34:45 AM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2016, 04:35:15 AM »

A formal vote will be held in the next 12 hours, feel free to nominate any other locations
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2016, 03:55:52 PM »

A vote is now open on the next conference location. Delegates have 48 hours to vote

[ ] Seattle, Washington
[ ] Los Angeles, California
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies