Bernie Sanders' "rape fantasy" essay (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:59:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie Sanders' "rape fantasy" essay (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders' "rape fantasy" essay  (Read 3019 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: January 21, 2016, 09:13:27 PM »

If any other candidate had written this, Republican or Democrat, the Sandernistas would be screaming bloody murder about it.

It's fine to still like Sanders anyway, since he obviously doesn't believe stuff like this anymore and hasn't in a long time, but come on guys, just admit that you're giving Sanders a free pass that you wouldn't give anyone else.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:06:15 PM »

Do you seriously not understand what a defense lawyer's role is?

Most people who go to trial are guilty. Every single one of them still gets to have a defense lawyer argue on their behalf. It's, like, the bedrock of our criminal justice system.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:26:13 PM »

Do you think she should have pulled a Keanu Reeves and stood up in the middle of the trial and said, "I'm sorry, Your Honor, my client is obviously guilty! Convict him!!!"

Because if she'd done that the trial would be entirely thrown out and start over with a new defense lawyer. And she would have been disbarred. And her client would have his constitutional right to an attorney denied.

Would you like her better then?

I get it -- I'd never want to be a defense lawyer either. Just too "icky" or something. But we absolutely have to have them, and the worst, most obviously-guilty have to have someone advocating on their behalf or our system is a sham.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies