PA 6/PA 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:05:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 6/PA 8
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: PA 6/PA 8  (Read 41523 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2005, 04:08:47 PM »

Good news for Dems - Scrader is out - http://www.ginnyschrader.com/
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2005, 01:19:24 AM »

YAY!!! She finally realizes that!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2005, 02:14:01 AM »

From an e-mail I received:

Re: PA –8 Fitzpatrick / Murphy Head to Head Results in Bucks County

With a changing political landscape that is currently punishing Republicans at all levels, Freshman Republican Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick is vulnerable going into 2006.  Fitzpatrick is below 50% against a virtually unknown opponent – a dangerous sign for an incumbent.

·        This is a competitive district where Democrats have a four-point advantage over Republicans on the Generic Ballot (40% Democrat / 36% Republican) – a three-point gain from a year ago.

·        A majority (54%) of likely voters have an unfavorable opinion of President Bush – three points higher than last year. 

·        Mike Fitzpatrick currently leads Patrick Murphy by only a 46% to 35% margin with 19% still undecided.  Despite the fact that Fitzpatrick has a Total Name ID advantage over Murphy of almost a 4-to-1 margin (88% Fitzpatrick Total Name ID / 23% Murphy) in Bucks County, the incumbent can’t reach 50%.

·        One-third (32%) of likely voters in Bucks County gave Mike Fitzpatrick a negative job rating just nine months into his first term – a troubling sign for any incumbent. 

·        Nearly two-thirds (61%) of all likely voters in Bucks County believe, “Abortions should be available to women who choose to have them.”  Mike Fitzpatrick opposes a woman’s right to choose even in extreme cases like rape and incest. 

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2005, 02:18:14 AM »

An 11 point lead for Fitzpatrick does not discourage me at all at this point.  Considering the minimal name ID for Murphy this early and him doing this well I am quite pleased and think Fitzpatrick is in definite danger.  After the holidays, the primary and 2006 general election cycle will kick into full gear and the rug will be pulled from under Fitzpatrick real fast!  Oh and Phil- remember the ghost of Tom Daschle! BOO!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2005, 12:12:39 PM »

An 11 point lead for Fitzpatrick does not discourage me at all at this point.  Considering the minimal name ID for Murphy this early and him doing this well I am quite pleased and think Fitzpatrick is in definite danger.  After the holidays, the primary and 2006 general election cycle will kick into full gear and the rug will be pulled from under Fitzpatrick real fast!  Oh and Phil- remember the ghost of Tom Daschle! BOO!

Um...sure.  Roll Eyes
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2005, 12:42:22 PM »

Um...sure.  Roll Eyes

The reason I mention Tom Daschle is his opponent stormed out of nowhere to take the seat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2005, 12:43:33 PM »

Um...sure.  Roll Eyes

The reason I mention Tom Daschle is his opponent stormed out of nowhere to take the seat.

Your lack of political knowledge amazes me. John Thune was a Congressman and opposed Tim Johnson in the 2002 Senate race, making it the closest race in the nation. Read up on things before posting.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 02:32:29 PM »

Um...sure.  Roll Eyes

Your lack of political knowledge amazes me. John Thune was a Congressman and opposed Tim Johnson in the 2002 Senate race, making it the closest race in the nation. Read up on things before posting.

I'm talking about the polls.  Do you always have to be so insulting?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2005, 02:38:23 PM »

I'm talking about the polls.  Do you always have to be so insulting?

And that's still wrong. Daschle vs. Thune was always viewed as one of the top races in the country. You were comparing Murphy to Thune and it was a bad comparison.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2005, 02:12:19 PM »

I have now officially changed my endorsement in the PA 8 Congressional race from Paul Lang to Patrick Murphy.  The reason I didn't endorse Patrick Murphy before is some personal reason I can or will not disclose.  It had nothing to do with me, but someone I know.  The affected person called me the other day and I changed my mind as a result of the conversation.  It was a slight misunderstanding the person realized he shouldn't have made such a big deal of.

In my opinion, Patrick Murphy is the best candidate in the field, he is getting a lot of good press, and quite frankly it's time to jump on the bandwagon especially after Paul Hackett.  There is also a good article in the Northeast Times on him.  His background and mine have a lot of similarities and we agree on the major issues.  He can also do one thing the other candidates can't- cut into Fitzpatrick's Irish Catholic base in Lower Bucks County.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2005, 02:14:17 PM »

In my opinion, Patrick Murphy is the best candidate in the field, he is getting a lot of good press, and quite frankly it's time to jump on the bandwagon especially after Paul Hackett.  There is also a good article in the Northeast Times on him.  His background and mine have a lot of similarities and we agree on the major issues.  He can also do one thing the other candidates can't- cut into Fitzpatrick's Irish Catholic base in Lower Bucks County.   

Murphy wins the NE and does well in parts of Lower Bucks but that's it. Fitz wins re-election fairly easily. I do agree, though, that Murphy is stronger than Lang.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2005, 02:16:16 PM »

Murphy wins the NE and does well in parts of Lower Bucks but that's it. Fitz wins re-election fairly easily. I do agree, though, that Murphy is stronger than Lang.

Pro-choice= Central Bucks.  He has a large base there.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

Flyers, are you going to volunteer for either of these races? What district do you live in?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2005, 02:50:53 PM »

Flyers, are you going to volunteer for either of these races? What district do you live in?

I live in PA 13 which borders both PA 6 and 8 and will be volunteering for both.
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2005, 11:41:40 AM »

The national dems will soon let you know that your only chance of winning 6 was last time. Gerlach beat Murphy in 04 by a larger margin than he won his initial term in 02. That leaves Fitzy in 8... the reason you wont beat him is because despite those polls, Fitzy is very well liked in his district. Take a few more polls and you'll see that. Not withstanding that point, the $$ the dems WOULD put in that seat is now going to Casey. HDCC will have too many open seats this time to worry about beating an incumbent. Do us all a favor and focus on a MORE LOCAL election that you can win!

I live in PA 13 which borders both PA 6 and 8 and will be volunteering for both.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2005, 12:31:35 PM »

That may have been the most retarded question ever asked on this forum. Where the fuck have you been?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2005, 12:42:11 PM »

That may have been the most retarded question ever asked on this forum. Where the fuck have you been?

lol
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2005, 12:44:34 PM »

Save your breath Jake, you'll need it to blow up your date.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2005, 12:45:22 PM »

Save your breath Jake, you'll need it to blow up your date.

That's a good one. Now ask me what district I'm in, Scoonie.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2005, 12:46:41 PM »

Are all 16 years old in Pennsylvania such tards? Do they breed them down there?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2005, 12:47:44 PM »

Are all 16 years old in Pennsylvania such tards? Do they breed them down there?

I'm seventeen. Strike two for Scoonie.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2005, 12:50:13 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2005, 12:52:23 PM by Scoonie »

I love the biased editing on this board. Republicans can write anything they want but Dems get edited. Typical bullsh**t from the mods.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2005, 12:57:14 PM »

I love the biased editing on this board. Republicans can write anything they want but Dems get edited. Typical bullsh**t from the mods.

What post of yours was edited?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2005, 12:58:15 PM »

Republicans can write anything they want but Dems get edited.

You didn't get the memo that this forum is part of the vast right wing conspiracy?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2005, 01:25:30 PM »

LOL. This board does not have a moderator.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies